Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Google Earth - Big Brother is Watching!!!

  1. #1

    Default Google Earth - Big Brother is Watching!!!

    Remember all those Hollywood movies of satellite pictures of people on earth and tracking capabilities that the US citizens are always on about (and paranoid about)... Well check this out for yourself - Google Earth! I actually found my house here in the UK as well as my in-law's place in Sicily!!!

    Note that the software install is around 10MB but to run it you must have broadband access as the download streaming of the globe images are HUGE!

  2. #2

    Default

    I hope u dun do that in your home again... it'll be quite embarrassing for u...
    I shall move down to the london blast site now...

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    I hope u dun do that in your home again... it'll be quite embarrassing for u...
    Huh... ooi... must remember to draw the curtains now!!!

  4. #4

    Default

    Is it a live image I can go outside and wave? haha

  5. #5

    Default

    oh, disappointed
    "2. Are Google Earth images captured in real time?

    No, they aren't. Our images are photographs taken by satellites and aircraft sometime in the last three years"

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    I shall move down to the london blast site now...
    FYI... The London bus blast is located at:
    51 degrees, 31 minutes, 32.93 seconds - North
    0 degrees, 07 minutes, 43.50 seconds - West

  7. #7

    Default

    another interesting site...

    maps.google.com

  8. #8

    Default

    Anyone found any easter eggs ao far?

  9. #9

    Default

    geart likl

    Quote Originally Posted by SzennyBoy
    Remember all those Hollywood movies of satellite pictures of people on earth and tracking capabilities that the US citizens are always on about (and paranoid about)... Well check this out for yourself - Google Earth! I actually found my house here in the UK as well as my in-law's place in Sicily!!!

    Note that the software install is around 10MB but to run it you must have broadband access as the download streaming of the globe images are HUGE!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •