Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Spider web" like scratches on back of lens

Quote Originally Posted by Lookman View Post
    I'll give him till this weekend to refund me. If not, then I will share his number. For info he sold me the lens for $200 only. So before we met I ask for confirmation about the lens glass condition and the price.
    $200 is a damn low price for the lens. If i were you, and if i was not so particular i'd just treat it as a bargain lens and shoot it till it breaks (its a tamron after all right? Hehe). After all it shouldnt really affect the image quality, so 99% of the iq for 66% of the price. if you can get over it, it's actually not a bad deal at all if you think abt it!

If i was so particular abt pristine everything (which you sound to be) then i wld have checked the item until shiok shiok before handing over any $$$. Not absolving the seller here of all blame, but perhaps you should have been more careful when buying used gear. Cry now also no point, money won't come back.

Anyway i've sworn off all tamron zoom lenses.. Too many bad experiences with wobbly filter ring, jammed zoom mechanism, etc. thankfully all this happened under warranty so still ok.

darrrrrrrr... I know $200 for that lens was very cheap. However, at that price I was not expecting much as you thought. I can accept a well used exteriorly and a few speck of dust in the glass. But not that web thingy in the glass which could be due to fungus. Seller put cond as 9 and i sms seller to confirm the glass cond which he said was good. Trusting the seller and for just $200, I just check the front glass.
    Personally for me selling cheap doesnt permit seller to lie about the condition.

Default Re: "Spider web" like scratches on back of lens

darrrrrrrr... I know $200 for that lens was very cheap. However, at that price I was not expecting much as you thought. I can accept a well used exteriorly and a few speck of dust in the glass. But not that web thingy in the glass which could be due to fungus. Seller put cond as 9 and i sms seller to confirm the glass cond which he said was good. Trusting the seller and for just $200, I just check the front glass.
    Personally for me selling cheap doesnt permit seller to lie about the condition.
    You could have check both the front AND the back; not just the front! Obvious fungus would be easily seen just by looking through the lens from the front and the back.

darrrrrrrr... I know $200 for that lens was very cheap. However, at that price I was not expecting much as you thought. I can accept a well used exteriorly and a few speck of dust in the glass. But not that web thingy in the glass which could be due to fungus. Seller put cond as 9 and i sms seller to confirm the glass cond which he said was good. Trusting the seller and for just $200, I just check the front glass. Personally for me selling cheap doesnt permit seller to lie about the condition.
    It's exactly careless and naive buyers like you who let cunning and dishonest sellers like him get away with these tricks. Anyone can say "condition 10/10" "lnib" "well taken care of" "kept in dry cabi when not used" "seldom used" "super minty" "uv filter since day 1" "7 day personal warranty" or whatever bs but doesn't mean you have to believe his word. Onus is always on you to check and question the seller until you're satisfied before dealing.

at the end of the day, it's your money and how you choose to spend it. If you wanna trawl the used market for good deals, you better know what you're doing. B&s is not like funan where you can waltz back and bang table at the shop.

Some tips, Note the point about shining the flashlight through the lens. Dust, scratch, fungus will all show up: http://m.wikihow.com/Buy-a-Good-Used-Camera-Lens

Thanks for the link

Thanks for the link
    All the best for future purchases...

I had a close shave last year when I traded my x100 for a leica film camera.. Didn't know nuts abt it, didnt know how to test film camera. When I went home I realist the film advance was jammed due to a dented rewind knob. Thankfully the seller agreed to reverse the deal. Think she also didnt know the condition of the camera lol...

Anyway be careful and dont ever be hasty when buying used gear. I still think that you got a decent price on this lens, so if you cant get refund, try to see if you can get it fixed up

Yup, I got a decent price for a lens with fungus. No worries... I will still buy from CS but need to be more careful. Good night & thanks all for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Quek View Post
    hmmm, imo we are hearing from one side of the storuy. we shd also get the seller to response
    Bro , if u can get the seller to respond ; kopi and toast on me.

Quote Originally Posted by keithwee View Post

Bro , if u can get the seller to respond ; kopi and toast on me.
    lol!! ok i try i try

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123