Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympus Live Composite Function

Default Re: Live Composite Function (Olympus EM10)

Will be doing a talk on this Sat <Long Exposure & Landscape Techniques with Olympus> here. Will be sharing the Live functions (Bulb, Time, composite) functions to shoot fireworks, light trails, boat trails, star trails, MBS laser show, lightning etc. Do sign up if keen, space is running out fast. Quite a few of our ClubSNAP members printed works using Olympus cameras will be there featuring chvictor (macro), jameskkmok (macro), kel77 (portraiture) and myself and Spidey89's.

Just wanna share my live composite shot after learning from this thread think ard 2mins worth of 5secs shots
    Attached Images Attached Images  

No offense, but it looks terrible, it looks a bit over and the resolution looks like it was taken using a handphone
    A wise man said, "Any available light is good light"

Spidey89 thanks for the feedback I uploaded thru phone maybe that's y resolution bad . Yah agreed that need a lot of improvement

Quote Originally Posted by charlatan View Post
    Spidey89 thanks for the feedback I uploaded thru phone maybe that's y resolution bad . Yah agreed that need a lot of improvement
    I can see the composite shots are successful. The processing (HDR i think) is quite over I would agree. Dun be disheartened, keep shooting

Maybe, as wonglp said, keep shooting! Perhaps under a little? Practice makes perfect!
    A wise man said, "Any available light is good light"

Clarke Quay Boats Light Trails by syfleur, on Flickr

Last photo that I took at the live composite session on Saturday.

Thanks Wong and spidey for your guidance!
    Last edited by grapefruitjuice; 8th December 2014 at 01:03 PM.
    Olympus OM-D E-M5 | Flickr | 500px

Yes, it was a good learning session, thanks!
    E-M10, E-PL1, 40mm-150mm, 9-18mm, Pentax c-mount 25mm, LX 5, Pentax Super Takumar 50mm, 45mm

Nice pic! Was at the sharing session too.. Thanks for all the wonderful tips and info wonglp...can check does the write speed of our memory card affect the live composite function ?

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruitjuice View Post

Clarke Quay Boats Light Trails by syfleur, on Flickr

Last photo that I took at the live composite session on Saturday.

Thanks Wong and spidey for your guidance!
    Very nice for first try, will be good to note the exposure (recover shadows side). Keep shooting. U should try out live bulb/time functions too.

Quote Originally Posted by jungle_sg View Post
    Yes, it was a good learning session, thanks!
    Good to see you upgrade to EM10 bro, go shoot more now

Quote Originally Posted by blurboiboi View Post
    Nice pic! Was at the sharing session too.. Thanks for all the wonderful tips and info wonglp...can check does the write speed of our memory card affect the live composite function ?
    Hi thanks, not sure if we spoke to each other, was a busy session, didn't get a chance to network with all. The card doesn't affect much, coz it outputs as 1 single file, if you set Raw+jpg, then 2 files, the file size is about 30MB only. So a normal class 10 is quite able to handle. Also shooting with live composite, it's different from Live time.

Say live comp your base shot is 5sec, the noise reduction will take 5sec, even if your total time is 3hours. Live bulb noise reduction will take as long as your long exposure shot, e.g. shoot 10min, you wait 10min of noise reduction. All this has nothing to do with card speed. Hope that helps

I must say Live Composite is awesome!
    E-M10, E-PL1, 40mm-150mm, 9-18mm, Pentax c-mount 25mm, LX 5, Pentax Super Takumar 50mm, 45mm

Quote Originally Posted by jungle_sg View Post
    I must say Live Composite is awesome!
    ya for one who doesn't PP much, it is really helpful. Been using since EM10 was launched

My first try with Live Comp

Comments/criticism are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Cobia View Post
    My first try with Live Comp

Comments/criticism are welcome

Quite overexposed, when you do start the LC, you can see the histogram to help gauge the highlights are blown or not. So when you meter you can try to expose lower than before. Also it tend to be more tricky as the nights falls, a blue hour would render this location better. Can also keep a look out for a better angle or composition like using the traffic as lead-in line will help in the final shot. Keep shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by wonglp View Post
    Quite overexposed, when you do start the LC, you can see the histogram to help gauge the highlights are blown or not. So when you meter you can try to expose lower than before. Also it tend to be more tricky as the nights falls, a blue hour would render this location better. Can also keep a look out for a better angle or composition like using the traffic as lead-in line will help in the final shot. Keep shooting!
    Thanks for the comments, you have a very sharp eyes, I over expose it to capture more detail in the background as it was very dark. Noted that Blue hour would be more suitable. Thanks very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by wonglp View Post
    Hi thanks, not sure if we spoke to each other, was a busy session, didn't get a chance to network with all. The card doesn't affect much, coz it outputs as 1 single file, if you set Raw+jpg, then 2 files, the file size is about 30MB only. So a normal class 10 is quite able to handle. Also shooting with live composite, it's different from Live time.

Say live comp your base shot is 5sec, the noise reduction will take 5sec, even if your total time is 3hours. Live bulb noise reduction will take as long as your long exposure shot, e.g. shoot 10min, you wait 10min of noise reduction. All this has nothing to do with card speed. Hope that helps
    I see... thanks!.... hopefully over the coming weekends I will have the time to go test the LC out..

We did chat abit... actually my friend and myself did not sign up for it.... but you invited us in thanks!.... made my trip down Funan totally worth this time round...

Is it possible to do live composite without tripod?

When is the next round of training session?
    Last edited by sin77; 10th December 2014 at 07:18 AM.
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

Does the photo taken using live composite able to save as raw or jpeg only?

Quote Originally Posted by sin77 View Post
    Is it possible to do live composite without tripod? When is the next round of training session?
    I would not recommend no tripod ; in fact I do it even with a wired trigger

Next round will really depend on wonglp

Quote Originally Posted by bhtan83 View Post
    Does the photo taken using live composite able to save as raw or jpeg only?
    Both raw and JPEG according the Olympus site, Paiseh my camera still out with another bro so hope this is right.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast