Thread: Kallang Riverside park sunrise part 3

Default Kallang Riverside park sunrise part 3

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    Composition and post-processing

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    To present a beautiful sunrise with a recognisable landmark so we know it's taken in Singapore

A revisit to this location after getting very useful critique from seniors of the forum:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1183347
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1194119

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    Was reminded about this location after seeing some works from other members of the forum. Different time of the year from my previous attempts, so adjusted composition according to where the sun is supposed to rise.

Manually blended from 3 images taken at ISO100, F8, shutter speed of 1/13s, 0.3s and 1.3s

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    Trying out some new techniques for post-processing the image, would like to hear from your critique, like whether does it look natural, is the saturation too much, any post-processing artifacts? Tried my best to make it look natural, recovered details from the sports hub but hope it does not overpower the main subject which is the beautiful sunrise.

Would also like to get critique on composition, does the elements here work together or anything to improve on?

Thanks for viewing

Default Re: Kallang Riverside park sunrise part 3

My personal opinions
    Nice photo of the sports hub. Is this the natural colour you get from the sunrise or you have postprocessing it to be more warm and orangey. It gave me impression that it was a sunset instead with the warmth and orange feel. Maybe it will be nicer to have the sun since it is sunrise at kallang riverside park?

I'm pretty happy with the overall feel of the picture, i.e composition and colours. For me the little rocks in the foreground work very well for me, directly my attention towards the Sports Hub.

Overall a job well done in my humble opinion.

I concur about the rocks, they point towards the Sports Hub very nicely.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by dracoid4 View Post
    My personal opinions
    Nice photo of the sports hub. Is this the natural colour you get from the sunrise or you have postprocessing it to be more warm and orangey. It gave me impression that it was a sunset instead with the warmth and orange feel. Maybe it will be nicer to have the sun since it is sunrise at kallang riverside park?
    Hmm I only pushed the temperature slightly warmer than the camera's auto white balance settings (which was 5100K). However I did increase the saturation of the colours which probably made it more 'orange-y'. Haha yes I guess I should be more accurate about the title, maybe 'dawn' would be better... I like the colours of the sky at this timing better, would not see it when the sun's out, so chose to present this photograph. Thanks for your comments!

Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    I'm pretty happy with the overall feel of the picture, i.e composition and colours. For me the little rocks in the foreground work very well for me, directly my attention towards the Sports Hub.

Overall a job well done in my humble opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    I concur about the rocks, they point towards the Sports Hub very nicely.
    Thanks richiemccaw1 and Shizuma for dropping by with your comments

Blog Entries

A tad over saturated bro.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    A tad over saturated bro.
    Thanks boss for your comments! Testing the boundaries of what is 'natural looking', sometimes get carried away after looking at too many photos from the net