Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 226

Thread: CPF Minimum Sum

  1. #161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,796
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: CPF Minimum Sum

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Every one will die "soon" - the problem is don't know how "soon".



    This may surprise you: EVERYONE KNOWS THIS.



    You will - at the rate the government decides. Pure and simple.
    .....that rate is diminishing at the pace we are growing if we are still growing. One thing for sure your savings in the CPF is not going at the rate to keep up with inflation simply bcos Singapore's economy has been canned for the longest time. Garmen's idea of growth is to ram up the population to churn the economy much like pumping air into a balloon and we all know what's going to happen next. I want to go to Batam now....... give me back My money............ Please give me back My money.
    Last edited by Zenten; 22nd June 2014 at 07:50 AM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  2. #162
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,931
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: CPF Minimum Sum

    can we have an undertaking that there will be no whining and blaming again when your returned CPF money runs out ?

    like it or not your CPF is not going to be enough

    A better solution should be a national pension scheme in place to augment monthly CPF withdrawals regardless of one's CPF balances

    p/s one benefit of the CPF system has been a lower income tax .... take away CPF, u can expect income taxes to shoot up.... look at Scandinavia and most of europe.... want good later years benefits and pension? Pay for it in income tax or beat the lobang by staying unemployed young and letting the state feed you
    Last edited by ed9119; 22nd June 2014 at 11:24 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  3. #163
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: CPF Minimum Sum

    Quote Originally Posted by qystan View Post
    It's a wonderful theory that only a few will be able to do.

    Try asking the population to move it and see how many succeed and how many will actually be able to see the signs n take necessary action. The number of people caught in stock market crashes is a good indicator and not to forget these are people dabbling in it. How many have in hand a foreign currency account to effect transfers?

    Even if the population is able to see it coming, how much money do you think you can move before the rate crashes and no one wants it? Would the rest of the world not already know of the impending disaster n no longer want your currency?
    heheheh You are assuming I wait till there IS a problem then move the money around. I move it today if I can redraw it. You can not use selective gloom and doom scenarios glued together to win a case like that. Moving money around is how banks and money changers for example earn money. If this is not an effective thing to do you think they are still in business? heheh... Yes it is not something everyone will know but for those who do we have options available to us. Moving money out of CPF is the least of my worry but a means to an end. I want answers as to how they are using our money in places they "invest"it in. Simple as that.
    Last edited by sammy888; 23rd June 2014 at 12:55 AM.

  4. #164

    Default Re: CPF Minimum Sum

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    .....that rate is diminishing at the pace we are growing if we are still growing. One thing for sure your savings in the CPF is not going at the rate to keep up with inflation simply bcos Singapore's economy has been canned for the longest time. Garmen's idea of growth is to ram up the population to churn the economy much like pumping air into a balloon and we all know what's going to happen next. I want to go to Batam now....... give me back My money............ Please give me back My money.
    Good and don't come back. u can live like a duke in Batam and I repeat, don't come back.

  5. #165

    Default Re: CPF Minimum Sum

    Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    Well written.

    If the SG gov cannot pay back the CPF money, they will raise the retirement age to 99 or set a higher minimum sum

    Nobody can stop them in parliament
    If you cannot trust them, don't vote for them.
    At the end of the day you would have no place to go as you don't trust anybody.
    Which one would you suggest would be the better one? US, UK Swiss or...?????

  6. #166
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: CPF Minimum Sum

    Don't trust government = leave Singapore? Can you be more draconian than that?

    As much as you like to think, the government is not Singapore. There's a difference between trusting the government and staying in Singapore (for Singaporeans). Not trusting the government does not mean he has to leave. Your comment which suggests "don't like it here then leave" is may I say....... childish at best.

  7. #167

    Default Re: CPF Minimum Sum

    The way I look at it? Surrender our passport & migrate is the only chance to see 100% refund of your CPF & hopefully the Medisave too.
    "Like Moths, photographers gather at the sight of light" Robert Doisneau
    My Little Port

  8. #168
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: CPF Minimum Sum

    Quote Originally Posted by NineEleven View Post
    The way I look at it? Surrender our passport & migrate is the only chance to see 100% refund of your CPF & hopefully the Medisave too.
    You will:

    http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/CPF/Template...ACHEHINT=Guest

    But rest assured that your minimum sum and medisave will most likely not be enough for the rest of your life (unless die early) - even in Batam.
    Last edited by UncleFai; 23rd June 2014 at 04:27 PM.

  9. #169

    Default Re: CPF Minimum Sum

    Another way to get exemption from the Minimum Sum and to cash it out is to buy an annualty from a private financial institution that pays out a monthly allowance equal to or more than that under the scheme under the Retriement Account of CPF Life. Of course that pre-supposes that one have the cash outlay to invest in a private annualty scheme first.

  10. #170

    Default Re: CPF Minimum Sum

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Good and don't come back. u can live like a duke in Batam and I repeat, don't come back.
    Absolutely agree bro!
    As much as any new citizen can pack up and leave sg, so could any other singaporean. Instead we should continue to enhance our integration efforts to help new citizens adapt to our cpf way of life!

  11. #171

    Default Re: CPF Minimum Sum

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    You will:

    http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/CPF/Template...ACHEHINT=Guest

    But rest assured that your minimum sum and medisave will most likely not be enough for the rest of your life (unless die early) - even in Batam.
    Thank you Uncle Fai but of course cannot rely on full settlement from Cpf, probably only enough to buy an overseas apartment for me so maybe sell bakuteh there
    "Like Moths, photographers gather at the sight of light" Robert Doisneau
    My Little Port

  12. #172

    Default Re: CPF Minimum Sum

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    Absolutely agree bro!
    As much as any new citizen can pack up and leave sg, so could any other singaporean. Instead we should continue to enhance our integration efforts to help new citizens adapt to our cpf way of life!
    Yes, we can always migrate if we can find greener pastures.
    But in this respect, the Pinoys who gave up their Philippine citizenship to become new citizens here have a better deal.
    When they have earned enough here, they can always take their CPF and their earnings and go back and re-acquire their Philippine citizenship and live happily and richly ever after. Apparently, under the laws of the Philippines, a Philippine citizen who has given up his citizenship to become a citizen of another country can easily re-acquire or claim back his Philippine citizenship.This law enacted in the Philippines in 2003 is called the Citizenship Retention and Reacquisition Act of 2003. It declares that natural-born citizens of the Philippines who become citizens of another country shall be deemed not to have lost their Philippine citizenship and can retain/re-acquire it back. Aren't they lucky. Lucky, lucky, lucky.
    http://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repa...9225_2003.html
    Last edited by tomcat; 23rd June 2014 at 10:04 PM.

  13. #173
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Yes, we can always migrate if we can find greener pastures. But in this respect, the Pinoys who gave up their Philippine citizenship to become new citizens here have a better deal. When they have earned enough here, they can always take their CPF and their earnings and go back and re-acquire their Philippine citizenship and live happily and richly ever after. Apparently, under the laws of the Philippines, a Philippine citizen who has given up his citizenship to become a citizen of another country can easily re-acquire or claim back his Philippine citizenship.This law enacted in the Philippines in 2003 is called the Citizenship Retention and Reacquisition Act of 2003. It declares that natural-born citizens of the Philippines who become citizens of another country shall be deemed not to have lost their Philippine citizenship and can retain/re-acquire it back. Aren't they lucky. Lucky, lucky, lucky. http://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repa...9225_2003.html
    In your calculation, at the current CPF contribution rate how many years should they work so that there is enough CPF to "live happily and richly ever after"?

  14. #174

    Default Re: CPF Minimum Sum

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Yes, we can always migrate if we can find greener pastures.
    But in this respect, the Pinoys who gave up their Philippine citizenship to become new citizens here have a better deal.
    When they have earned enough here, they can always take their CPF and their earnings and go back and re-acquire their Philippine citizenship and live happily and richly ever after. Apparently, under the laws of the Philippines, a Philippine citizen who has given up his citizenship to become a citizen of another country can easily re-acquire or claim back his Philippine citizenship.This law enacted in the Philippines in 2003 is called the Citizenship Retention and Reacquisition Act of 2003. It declares that natural-born citizens of the Philippines who become citizens of another country shall be deemed not to have lost their Philippine citizenship and can retain/re-acquire it back. Aren't they lucky. Lucky, lucky, lucky.
    http://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repa...9225_2003.html
    Agree with you too bro!
    You can buy your own castle for only USD$179k! Way cheaper than any HDB no matter how you look at it!
    You literally have greener pastures, and not only can you live happily and richly ever after, you can literally live like a king!
    4 acres all yours! Comes complete with dungeons to torture dissidents who object to cpf!


  15. #175

    Default Re: CPF Minimum Sum

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    In your calculation, at the current CPF contribution rate how many years should they work so that there is enough CPF to "live happily and richly ever after"?
    Well, it seems like the cost of living is so low in the Philippines that even the domestic maid's lowly salary in Singapore is enough to make a Pinoy rich in the Philippines. Have you not read about the case of Jeanilyn Bermudez who came to Singapore to work as a maid 30 years ago and now runs five businesses, including a recycling business that employs 20 people in her village? A maid's CPF is so low that I don't think she is depending on it to make her what she is today back in the Philippines. http://buzz.viddsee.com/cleaning-like-a-boss/

  16. #176
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Upper Serangoon
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: CPF Minimum Sum

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Don't trust government = leave Singapore? Can you be more draconian than that?

    As much as you like to think, the government is not Singapore. There's a difference between trusting the government and staying in Singapore (for Singaporeans). Not trusting the government does not mean he has to leave. Your comment which suggests "don't like it here then leave" is may I say....... childish at best.
    Well said. I was thinking of how to say it without being blunt.

  17. #177
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Upper Serangoon
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: CPF Minimum Sum

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    You will:

    http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/CPF/Template...ACHEHINT=Guest

    But rest assured that your minimum sum and medisave will most likely not be enough for the rest of your life (unless die early) - even in Batam.
    So if minimum sum is not enough, why have the minimum sum?

  18. #178
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,796
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: CPF Minimum Sum

    Quote Originally Posted by starboard View Post
    So if minimum sum is not enough, why have the minimum sum?
    Because there will never be a maximum.......so just keep topping up.......
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  19. #179
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,796
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: CPF Minimum Sum

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Well, it seems like the cost of living is so low in the Philippines that even the domestic maid's lowly salary in Singapore is enough to make a Pinoy rich in the Philippines. Have you not read about the case of Jeanilyn Bermudez who came to Singapore to work as a maid 30 years ago and now runs five businesses, including a recycling business that employs 20 people in her village? A maid's CPF is so low that I don't think she is depending on it to make her what she is today back in the Philippines. http://buzz.viddsee.com/cleaning-like-a-boss/

    A castle for US$179K? ...... and here we are all cooped up in our heavily subsidised HDB pigeon-holes.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  20. #180
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    You will: http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/CPF/Template...ACHEHINT=Guest But rest assured that your minimum sum and medisave will most likely not be enough for the rest of your life (unless die early) - even in Batam.
    To put things in the right perspective. Even if you don't draw out your CPF, it is also not enough right?

    CPF isn't all bad and it works previously. Just like HDB, it has gone into biz mode. Provide options and let them decide. Stop the EC and high end HDB and build plenty of ordinary HDB at real cost. You got money buy private, no we have affordable home for you. Don't complicate matters. Why I pull in property into this discussion? Most would have no money left after their property mortgage which is inflated.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •