Thread: Need Help

Default Need Help

With only 1 photo allowed a week, it really is kinda tough to pick the one you want critiqued... I have to say that this one is definately not one of the nicest I've taken by a long shot... but I stragely feel alot of affection for this one... it makes me feel... (gee i dunno... warm?)

please let me know what you think

Also maybe it would be good if i got some feedback on which one I should put up for sacrifice next week!!!
    http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showgall...0&ppuser=20595

The framing is spot on, I like how the window covers are partially illuminated by the sun..
    but there's too much black area. If more of the window left window cover were illuminated, that would be more appealing. And if this foto isn't one of the nicest and reason for liking it is vague, then might as well junk it...

As a foto by itself, it doesnt work. As a background to tell your story of this place with some text in the black area, this as an image, (not fotograph) could probably work...

Blog Entries

tricky lighting, I would have underexposed slightly to get the sunlit window covers a light brown colour. but that would create more shadow area (which I find there is already too much of) you also need a point of focus to complete the story of your windows, what/who is inside? maybe some clothes or a kerosene lamp? something like that.

an idea! expose for the bright area and frame away the shadow area.

good composition, it get me wondering whats inside the dark window thats open, the light falling only onto the edge of the window is a nice touch. it pull my attention back from the part where that is strongly lited.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Thanks All! Great Comments! will look forward to putting up my next pic!