Thread: run

Default run

was in port dickson when i saw this group of boys running across, pushing each other and splashing each other with water...so i took a quick snap before they disappeared.

I feel that too many of the boys already and they are too small (too far away). A bit underexposed for the boys as well...

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    I feel that too many of the boys already and they are too small (too far away). A bit underexposed for the boys as well...

Hi,

I purposely did an underexposed shot of the boys to just show the silhouttes 'dancing' at the waters...the shot was taken far to show the vastness of the sky.

It works for me! Nice figures dancing in the water

I feel that the Horizon is slightly slanted. Just feel that it might be better if it level. Cropping a bit on the right of the pic and slightly the sand might work better for mi.

There is no motion blur to convey the boys running across... Pic appeals to me but it's more like 'Play at Beach' & Bluestrike is right to get a level shot =)
    OR tilt it 5degrees clockwise... diagonal horizons sometimes good =)

Shooting at a lower speed would be lovely and at a lower angle with lesser foreground of the dark patch of the beach would have made it perfect.

On the PS side, making the boys a little more darker would increase the effect of the pix.

As it is this pix works and it is almost there

the sky and the boys seem to be competing for attention. consider a lengthwise crop? eg:

or even more drastic, remove the sky and just keep the waves + reflections on the sand.

the postures of the three boys on the right convey the impression of movement well; pity about the one on the left as i can't quite figure out what he's doing or which way he's going. the silhouettes and colours work for me.
    eyes | head | feet | flickr | APAD: straight from camera

Quote Originally Posted by jhansolo
    Shooting at a lower speed would be lovely and at a lower angle with lesser foreground of the dark patch of the beach would have made it perfect.

On the PS side, making the boys a little more darker would increase the effect of the pix.

As it is this pix works and it is almost there
    Agreed, esp since you wanted to make them silhouttes... If i am to crop, i will level the horizon, crop off the sand just a bit.... i like the sky and it portrays freedom...match the theme/mood.

good one. love the colors and energy in the frozen moment but how about another alternative perspective?

dun take the sky, just take the reflection off the wet sand with the feet showing... now that's food for thought

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    good one. love the colors and energy in the frozen moment but how about another alternative perspective?

dun take the sky, just take the reflection off the wet sand with the feet showing... now that's food for thought
    Well.. you can do that, i took a shot of effiel tower reflect in a puddle of water b4! ahaha...

In this case, i won't recommend taking reflection as lighting condition not ideal. If it's sunset and longer shadow and more attractive sand colour (due to sunset) then i may do it.

here you go.. another perspective

Just as i thought, the shadows and the sand is not attractive enough... too dark and shadow too short...

I like Ron's version!

as for the original version, the dark patch at the bottom is very distracting.. PS it away!

what if crop away the sky, left sea, waterline, beach & the boys
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.