Thread: construction site abstract

Default construction site abstract

here's old photo of mine.....i was intrigued by the safety netting and scaffolding of this construction site of a new condominium, so tried so see if i could make an abstract image out of it. let me know what you guys think!

as an abstract i do not seem to be able to read something meaningful. from my experience of photographing these nettings, the most beautiful moment occurs with low sunlight angle coming in from behind, illuminating the colours vibrantly. with adequate perforation from the structures behind, an exciting display of layers of shadows and light is created. at the fundamental level, without being abstract that would be an aesthetically beautiful image to remember.

works for me... looks like an undersea ancient ruin. I like the cyan, green & a little blue colors of the netting. it also looks like flimsy cellophane paper over the wire-mesh of a scaffolding...

As an abstract, i don't think it works....Looks more like a mood shot.

Perhaps you can zoom in on certain areas and explore? Maybe not possible due to the lens.. just a suggestions.

What Eiken says may be true on the sunlight, but i seldom see so not sure abt it.... would love to see someone taking it though.

zaren,

works for me man! great texture and feel to it. love the colours. wld make a great backdrop or even wallpaper