Thread: Real Life Difference Between WCON07 & 08

Default Real Life Difference Between WCON07 & 08

After 2 weeks, still hunting around for a wcon08.
    anyone who used them can feedback on what is the difference between the 07 and 08?
    I understand the 08 has been replaced by the 08b but the price is much higher?
    Getting very discouraged looking for 08, so very tempted to buy a third party WCON+MACRO lens (only cost $60+!)
    I know they are not as good as the Olympus lens from what I read here but perhaps its decent enough for non-professional use?
    cheers

The difference between the WCON08 and b is the lens thread. The WCON08 has 55mm thread, which can be screwed directly unto the FZ-5. The WCON08b has a 62mm screw thread.
    Last edited by huggable; 10th July 2005 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent
    After 2 weeks, still hunting around for a wcon08.
    anyone who used them can feedback on what is the difference between the 07 and 08?
    Getting very discouraged looking for 08, so very tempted to buy a third party WCON+MACRO lens (only cost $60+!)
    I know they are not as good as the Olympus lens from what I read here but perhaps its decent enough for non-professional use?
    cheers
    The difference is that the WCON-07 has a 0.7x conversion whereas the WCON-08 has a 0.8x conversion..

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent
    It's not a replacement but a different product meant for a different series (pro series) of Olympus cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox
    The difference is that the WCON-07 has a 0.7x conversion whereas the WCON-08 has a 0.8x conversion..
    i read somewhere stating that a wcon08 is wide while the wcon07 is much wider. wonder whether it's true or not...
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.