Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blasts rock london

Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    Honestly, I don't think it's the Muslim terrorists. Why do they always point fingers at them when something bad goes wrong in one of the 1st world countries??

They are too convenient a scapegoat.

Now, I'm fretting because my cousin lives in Central London with her mother.
    pls, do not label the terrorists as muslim, they are not!! they are just a bunch of coward looking for a useful "back mountain" so as to make themselves looks right.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Angry

My office branch is right next to Liverpool Street station. Whole building was evacuated. They are not supposed to come to office tomorrow. Badly affects business.

Terrible business. Where I was looking forward to some positive turn out of G8 talks...climate change stuff, we get these blasts.

Who are these terrorists ???
    Dont they have anything better to do than to blow up themselves and other people

Why we only hear one side of the story?
    Where's the other side?

Hmm... was in college when the bomb blasts went off... Severely crippled transport... guess that it was waiting to happen... They certainly wanted G8 summit opening day as a date to set off the bombs...

Hope that the situation will calm down and get back to normal soon... Really terrible when you see the images... esp the bus with the top ripped off... really crazy... Never thought that would happen when I am here....

just my 2cents worth... since I happen to be in london...

Egypt envoy killed
    Well they killed their own as well...those bast**d!
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    Honestly, I don't think it's the Muslim terrorists. Why do they always point fingers at them when something bad goes wrong in one of the 1st world countries??

They are too convenient a scapegoat.

Now, I'm fretting because my cousin lives in Central London with her mother.
    Muslims are Muslims.
    Terrorists are terrorists.
    Yellow,black or white terrorists are also terrorists.

Terrorists have abused the Muslim platform to launch many atrocities. Do not fall into the trap of calling them Muslims. Even worse, 'Muslim terrorists' are ok. Be careful with our language!

Muslims are very good. Terrorists are very evil. Muslims Terrorists are not real Muslims.

The language can be abused. Below are more parallel abuses for clarity.

'Christian murderers' are an ok bunch. Their religion taught them not to kill.
    'Buddhist rapists' are good. They practice non-violence.
    Last edited by tOGGY; 8th July 2005 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tOGGY
    Muslims are Muslims.
    Terrorists are terrorists.
    Yellow,black or white terrorists are also terrorists.

Terrorists have abused the Muslim platform to launch many atrocities. Do not fall into the trap of calling them Muslims. Even worse, 'Muslim terrorists' are ok. Be careful with our language!

Muslims are very good. Terrorists are very evil. Muslims Terrorists are not real Muslims.

The language can be abused. Below are more parallel abuses for clarity.

'Christian murderers' are an ok bunch. Their religion taught them not to kill.
    'Buddhist rapists' are good. They practice non-violence.
    Agreed !!.

The DAC was also asked the same things during the 1st Cobra press conference.

i believe he replied in a non-politically sensitive manner. in the absence of evidence pointing to a particular racial group/s, the position to adopt at that point in time is what the DAC said.

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    to me .. its a clear picture .. singapore is on high alert...
    That's definitely for sure.Our Threatcon would have gone up I think.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123