Thread: converting digital to slide?!

Default converting digital to slide?!

hi all,

i was scanning through some brochures earlier today, and it only hit me like hours later, that i *think* i saw that there might be labs that offer conversion of digital photos (jpegs) to slides (and i don't mean powerpoint slides, either)? is that even possible? has anyone tried it?

if so, are there any labs that actually offer this service and for how much?

thanks!

Default Re: converting digital to slide?!

possible? hrmm. i think yes... using the Digital Film Recorder.. Im not sure if labs here offer that..

Originally posted by Que Lynn
    hi all,

i was scanning through some brochures earlier today, and it only hit me like hours later, that i *think* i saw that there might be labs that offer conversion of digital photos (jpegs) to slides (and i don't mean powerpoint slides, either)? is that even possible? has anyone tried it?

if so, are there any labs that actually offer this service and for how much?

thanks!

Last edited by tonski; 27th September 2002 at 09:44 PM.

why would we want to do this? and would the product be of slide like quality.

Originally posted by maddog
    why would we want to do this? and would the product be of slide like quality.
    well, it's really more of curiosity on my part. i never thought it could be done.

RGB Lab does it, not cheap IIRC.

Typical price is like $40 per slide.

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by ckiang
    Typical price is like $40 per slide.
    WHOA!!!!!

Originally posted by Que Lynn

WHOA!!!!!
    Not cheap. Unless you really, really want to convert a digital file into a 35mm slide.

Regards
    CK