Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Some people are outright evil

  1. #1
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Some people are outright evil

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...illage-nigeria

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ia-schoolgirls

    I don't care what religion they profess or what their cause is - to kidnap so many school girls and try to sell them into slavery is plain evil.

  2. #2
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Some people are outright evil

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...illage-nigeria

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ia-schoolgirls

    I don't care what religion they profess or what their cause is - to kidnap so many school girls and try to sell them into slavery is plain evil.
    All religions are good. They become evil when practitioners mixed it with personal agenda and hunger for power and influence.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  3. #3
    Moderator keithwee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LittleRedDot
    Posts
    7,890

    Default Re: Some people are outright evil

    to me humble sheep self:

    'Religion is one of the way to practicing a good life. The problem comes in when people insist religion is the only way to a good life'.

    taught to me by a monk at the Buddha Tooth Relic temple during a photo shoot. That day i left with very few good photos but this advice stayed with me.

  4. #4
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Can't imagine there are still people who supported them. To me, there isn't any need to pray if you cannot even have a basic understanding of what is right or wrong. Don't hide behind the name of religion to do things that religion never taught.

  5. #5
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: Some people are outright evil

    Quote Originally Posted by keithwee View Post
    to me humble sheep self:
    'Religion is one of the way to practicing a good life. The problem comes in when people insist religion is the only way to a good life'.
    taught to me by a monk at the Buddha Tooth Relic temple during a photo shoot. That day i left with very few good photos but this advice stayed with me.
    Nothing to add.
    But we don't need to look that far. The Sultan of Brunei just started converting his entire country into some feudalistic medieval zoo by introducing a penal code from the dark ages of mankind.
    EOS

  6. #6
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: Some people are outright evil

    Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Can't imagine there are still people who supported them.
    Do consider the education level. Why do you think that developed countries have lesser needs of religious-based laws, regulations and penal codes? Singapore is a good example here: religion happens at home or in the prayer house, the public is neutral and cannot be claimed by any religion.
    EOS

  7. #7
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Some people are outright evil

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Nothing to add.
    But we don't need to look that far. The Sultan of Brunei just started converting his entire country into some feudalistic medieval zoo by introducing a penal code from the dark ages of mankind.
    Air Brunei will have a Bomoh sitting on co-pilot seat holding two coconuts for blessing and safe journey.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Nothing to add.
    But we don't need to look that far. The Sultan of Brunei just started converting his entire country into some feudalistic medieval zoo by introducing a penal code from the dark ages of mankind.
    Nothing to worry about. He has ridicule himself. Now Hollywood celebrities boycott brunei owned hotels.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...illage-nigeria

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ia-schoolgirls

    I don't care what religion they profess or what their cause is - to kidnap so many school girls and try to sell them into slavery is plain evil.
    Their minds are so screwed, that they can even sell their own father and mother, if need be.

    Having said this, I can't blame them for being so screwed.

    Their country is so poor, high jobless rate, poor economy, corrupted govt. To them, life is cheap because they are not in gainful employment, families are in shambles, mistrust in the government.

    So these jobless punks just join some gangs and start to call themselves whatever they want to be called (same as our secret society triads in early days of SG).

    They got nothing to lose!

  10. #10
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,334

    Default Re: Some people are outright evil

    Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Can't imagine there are still people who supported them. To me, there isn't any need to pray if you cannot even have a basic understanding of what is right or wrong. Don't hide behind the name of religion to do things that religion never taught.
    Whole-heartedly agree with you.

    "Political Corruption" is transient and can be changed and settled with time.
    However "Religious Corruption" cut across time and get deep-rooted into the believers' psychic.
    Worst if religious corruption makes its way into politics.

    Look at all the prolonged religious wars, conflicts, unrests of recent time.

  11. #11
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Some people are outright evil

    Religion historically has NEVER been far from politics period.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Some people are outright evil

    religion doesn't start wars.

    people start wars.

    period

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •