Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you carry along the 70-200 f/2.8 len?

Blog Entries

Default Re: How do you carry along the 70-200 f/2.8 len?

Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    No, it is the Vanguard Adapter 45. It is side entry. Even for my D600 attached with 24-70 f2.8 is slightly small. It bulges the sides after closing. The Up-rise could be much bigger.

I bought it previously as my lens was not too big, and I do not need to take the bag off my shoulder to retrieve or keep the camera. It is actually on the go.
    Like I said, get a bigger bag. It is ok to have more than one camera bag. I have 15.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kit-Kat-Lover View Post
    I suggest u drop by Penisular plaza with your gear, theres all the bag you can try out before you decide which is suitable. And yes, on you way down, see if you can endure the weight of all ur equipment.

Btw I never bring 2470 70200 out together, only one of them for a trip, its too heavy for me even if I am using the veri light and small flipeside 10l.
    My usual load for travel is: pro FF body, 2nd FF body, 70-200/2.8, 24-70/2.8, 16-35/4, filters, tripod and all kinds of accessories. Is it heavy? yes... Is it unbearable? No. Want good pictures, this is what I have to do. If not, a perfect scene come by and I will knocking myself on the wall because I missed it because I did not bring this and that lens/body.

It is more important not to try to scrimp on your carrying solutions (bags, straps, belts, pouches) because lousy bags will make it awkward and weigh you down. Get the best bags out there and learn how to distribute the weight off your shoulders.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 9th May 2014 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Like I said, get a bigger bag. It is ok to have more than one camera bag. I have 15.

wow...the space taken up for bags is no joke man.
    I only have 2 which is the Lowepro Flipside 400AW and the Vanguard Xcenior 62T.
    more than enough for me..but i like the 400AW,i can really squeeze some amount of stuffs inside...lol

For both of us now, i guess 70-200 is a small lens. LOL.

once in awhile when i take out and use,i really feel it is small compare to my regular lens...hehe :P

Hi Daredevil123, I noticed you brought along 16-35 and 24-70. Their focal length seems to overlap quite a bit. I was actually thinking of getting 17-35 2.8 to replace 24-70 when traveling since it will be lighter. Not sure if that is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    No, it is the Vanguard Adapter 45. It is side entry. Even for my D600 attached with 24-70 f2.8 is slightly small. It bulges the sides after closing. The Up-rise could be much bigger.

I bought it previously as my lens was not too big, and I do not need to take the bag off my shoulder to retrieve or keep the camera. It is actually on the go.
    Ah, I see. Even if it's the Up-Rise 45, it's also abit tight to put in or take out the gears. Now I'm using ThinkTank StreetWalker Pro. Can easily load up a few lenses and a few flashes.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonetics View Post

wow...the space taken up for bags is no joke man.
    I only have 2 which is the Lowepro Flipside 400AW and the Vanguard Xcenior 62T.
    more than enough for me..but i like the 400AW,i can really squeeze some amount of stuffs inside...lol
    Part of my work involves photography... so have to have right fit for different situations. Sometimes i work out of a roller in the car but have different shoulder bags for different sessions in the day.

15 includes pouches for my modular system. And yes, i have a full rack of bags. For birding i use the think tank glass limo. My Think Tank international follows me for strobist work and urban disguise for indoor work. Travelling i usually reconfig my glass limo, or i use my shapeshifter all with modular pouches when i hit the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikon7000 View Post
    Hi Daredevil123, I noticed you brought along 16-35 and 24-70. Their focal length seems to overlap quite a bit. I was actually thinking of getting 17-35 2.8 to replace 24-70 when traveling since it will be lighter. Not sure if that is a good idea.
    focal length overlapping is a not an issue when photographers are shooting for money, it is an insurance for back up too.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

You can always detach your lenses from your body and keep it separately. I've tried it before. 70-200 doesn't fit in my backpack when my lens is attached to my body, but works when I detached it. It fits nicely
    Another Facebook Page,
    Another Flickr account.

Blog Entries

I do not care about focal length overlap. I only care about one thing. With that one particular lens mounted on my camera, will I be fast enough to react to situations that happen by the second.

People who care about focal lenght overlap, or "covering" every and all focal lengths over a range too much, is actually counter productive. More often than not, are quite inexperienced and do not understand the craft very well.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 10th May 2014 at 10:09 AM.

Hi daredevil, thanks for your reply. I am just wondering that the slightly wider angle is worthwhile to carry both 16-35 and 24-70. But that is just me thinking aloud.

Blog Entries

Hi daredevil, thanks for your reply. I am just wondering that the slightly wider angle is worthwhile to carry both 16-35 and 24-70. But that is just me thinking aloud.
    16 vs 24 is not slightly wider. It is very very much wider. You cannot think of focal length in terms of mm... 16 vs 24mm, and 70 vs 78mm. both is different by 8mm, but the difference in FOV angle is heaven and earth.

Hi daredevil, thanks for your reply. Will keep that in mind. Have a nice weekend shooting.

16 vs 24 is not slightly wider. It is very very much wider. You cannot think of focal length in terms of mm... 16 vs 24mm, and 70 vs 78mm. both is different by 8mm, but the difference in FOV angle is heaven and earth.

totally agree.the differences in mm can make or break a photo.
    16-35mm and 24-70mm are both for different purposes.

Maybe I should just clarify my question. I usually go travelling with my family and I prefer to travel light . I can if I want to carry sigma12-24, Nikon 24-70 and Nikon 70-200 and two bodies . But I think it is just too tiring for me as I am not exactly young anymore. Thus I was wondering if 17-35 could replace the 12-24 and 24-70 if not all at least most of the scenery and people shots as a sort of compromise. I would usually travel with 1 body and 1 lens. Maybe my question sound inexperienced or someone who does not know his craft so do pardon me for this noob question.

Maybe I should just clarify my question. I usually go travelling with my family and I prefer to travel light . I can if I want to carry sigma12-24, Nikon 24-70 and Nikon 70-200 and two bodies . But I think it is just too tiring for me as I am not exactly young anymore. Thus I was wondering if 17-35 could replace the 12-24 and 24-70 if not all at least most of the scenery and people shots as a sort of compromise. I would usually travel with 1 body and 1 lens. Maybe my question sound inexperienced or someone who does not know his craft so do pardon me for this noob question.
    But it's just the matter of shooting style preference. If you are rarely using anything beyond 35mm, then a 17-35 might be a good compromise.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Blog Entries

For focal length, in the end you can only decide for yourself. Do you shot from 35mm to 70mm? will you miss 12mm to 16mm? Only you can answer that.

As for me, if I do not have the 24-70 and only the 16-35mm, I can adjust my shooting to the focal length...

Hi sky strike and daredevil thanx for your reply. I think I should not hijack the thread anymore. Thanx for all your kind advice

I am using kata multipro 120 for Pro DSLR w/70-200mm lens + 3-4 lenses

http://www.kata-bags.com/multipro-120-pl-backpack
    Last edited by Windcharm; 12th May 2014 at 01:26 AM.
    Visit my flickr at Pixels Palette's Flickr

get the artisan & artist bags. 100% made in Japan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast