Thread: Sale off because no original cap

Default Sale off because no original cap

Post here because do not want to mess up buy/sell thread but feel like expressing dissapointment.
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=139009

Though not fair to judge someone on such a short meeting but
    my impression is buyer try to cut price during deal; a well dress gentleman asking for $10 off on a $300 deal !??

Though lens meet the most important criteria; clean optically and cosmetically buyer want lower price because my contax lens do not have the original contax cap, quoting "people buy contax for sentimental value..."
    ( I take photo with Zeiss lens, sorry. )
    I also throw in free uv filter le

Partly my fault for not stating it in the thread that no orignal cap for collector.

So guys, have Zeiss value gone up so much because contax(kyocera) shutdown ?? But manual contax was down since..... don't know when....

Happy shooting.....

well some ppl like to have everything intact even when they get 2nd hand~ collectors for one

I for one like to buy lens that are complete in package even if its more expensive~ but bargaining for prices when meeting is a BIG no-no

if declared up front, there's no excuse. since it wasn't stated, I feel it's fair to ask for some discount or reject totally.

Lightbulb

it is fair to all to be truthful and comprehensive as far as completeness of the item/s is concerned.

ot. if reject, can ask for reimbursement for transport expenses and time lost, especially for travelling reasonably long distance to meet and deal?

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    if declared up front, there's no excuse. since it wasn't stated, I feel it's fair to ask for some discount or reject totally.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 6th July 2005 at 09:06 PM.

Lightbulb

whether the buyer is buying for collection, sentimental or other reasons, it is inmaterial.

$10 out of $300 is not unreasonable. how he dressed is, again, inmaterial.

the fact remains the description of the item was not complete. that responsibility falls on the seller.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxes
    Post here because do not want to mess up buy/sell thread but feel like expressing dissapointment.
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=139009

Though not fair to judge someone on such a short meeting but
    my impression is buyer try to cut price during deal; a well dress gentleman asking for $10 off on a $300 deal !??

Though lens meet the most important criteria; clean optically and cosmetically buyer want lower price because my contax lens do not have the original contax cap, quoting "people buy contax for sentimental value..."
    ( I take photo with Zeiss lens, sorry. )
    I also throw in free uv filter le

Partly my fault for not stating it in the thread that no orignal cap for collector.

So guys, have Zeiss value gone up so much because contax(kyocera) shutdown ?? But manual contax was down since..... don't know when....

Happy shooting.....

So what's your point in starting this thread?
    Saying sorry to the buyer?
    Or complaining that you made a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    whether the buyer is buying for collection, sentimental or other reasons, it is inmaterial.

$10 out of $300 is not unreasonable. how he dressed is, again, inmaterial.

the fact remains the description of the item was not complete. that responsibility falls on the seller.
    Eeerr... I state that it is my personal impression of the first meeting...
    I also say partly my fault....

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    So what's your point in starting this thread?
    Saying sorry to the buyer?
    Or complaining that you made a mistake?
    Eeerr....do I need to have a point in kopitiam ??? Happened that I do,
    I want to expressed my disapointment, let others bidder know why they are waiting, and shared an experienced.

Better close this before it get too long......
    Happy shooting... finding my cap now