Thread: London 2012!

Default London 2012!

Has been anticipating this victory. After all, its just merely a year ago when Lord Sebastian Coe who brought the Olympic momentum back to London.

Great one!

Quote Originally Posted by Slivester
    Has been anticipating this victory. After all, its just merely a year ago when Lord Sebastian Coe who brought the Olympic momentum back to London.

Great one!
    Sob!! Not for me!

I wanted either Paris or New York to win, especially Paris since they have already lost 2 sessions/bids.

No offence to London supporters but the Brits have given me the impression of being roudy and barbaric, especially after any of those major soccer matches. Their fans will start creating a lot of trouble on the streets and even start whacking fans from other teams. Furthermore the recent events of "happy slapping" just doesn't appear how could London win the bid.

The reason they won was mainly because the appearance of Tony Blair, Princess Anne and David Beckham, particularly Tony Blair.

Poor Paris!!

Regards,
    -Michelle-

Hi.

I'm kind of disappointed too ... was hoping Paris would win the bid.

I suppose it's time to move on and look forward to a great London 2012!

Lightbulb

I had been quietly rooting for London to win the bid. i am glad it has turned out the way i wanted. too bad for Paris.

I wanted Landon to win too, after the French PM said that Brits have the worst cusine in Europe and all they contribute is mad cow.

Lightbulb

a slap for french cuisine! anyway, heard that french are too proud of their race. many years ago, was at london, but did not bother to cross the channel to visit france.

Darn! I was betting for Paris!

Did anyone notice how the conference room cleared after the winner was announced? Only the Brits stayed behind. What poor sportsmanship!

Lightbulb

yes, i noticed.

Throughout my europe trip, I can say that Paris has the most snobs. I too, hoped they didn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by maddog
    Did anyone notice how the conference room cleared after the winner was announced? Only the Brits stayed behind. What poor sportsmanship!

I suppose the same thing will happen if the others have won?

no one's rooting for the ultimate underdog moscow? :P

London did well. They deserve to win. But Paris n Madrid were in my mind every as good. Too bad only one can win.

Default re

was rooting for moscow to make it...

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    I wanted London to win too, after the French PM said that Brits have the worst cusine in Europe and all they contribute is mad cow.
    From the movie Braveheart:

King Edward Longshanks: Leave us. (Punches his son.) Wallace has already killed the magistrate and taken control of the town. Stand up. Stand up. In the morning, I depart for France to press our rights there, and I leave you here to quell this little rebellion, understood? Is it? One day you will be a king. At least try to act like one. (The King leaves and Isabella runs over to help the Prince.)
    Last edited by Hewland; 6th July 2005 at 11:32 PM.

Enemies then, enemies now.

Frm those warring days during the Dark Times, the fight for International Language right up to the Olympics race.

Seems that they share a love-hate relationship.

I'm glad london won. If all goes well, i should be in my final year there hehe!!! I always thought it would end up in london but for different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by szekiat
    I'm glad london won. If all goes well, i should be in my final year there hehe!!! I always thought it would end up in london but for different reasons.
    yours is long haul studies. are you doing medicine?

Of course I am happy bcos my favourite Harry Potter books are from there

London wins and now innocent people are being bombed and killed.