View Poll Results: How many are out there?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hobbyist: Shoot cars in general

15 78.95%
  • Hobbyist: Motorsports

2 10.53%
  • Professional: Shoot cars in general & commercial studio shots

2 10.53%
  • Professional: Motorsports

0 0%

Thread: Automotive Photographers?

Default Automotive Photographers?

I see so many babe fotos taken for DCA & i wonder how many car-nut photogs are out there? =D Doing this anymously...

wow... where's the pic for me?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

i used to like annual or bi-annual car exibitions, but not anymore.
    gone were those concept cars or prototypes that used to dominate car show of the past...

those kinda cars were way sexier then the babes.
    now the focus is on the babes liao...

Account Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    i used to like annual or bi-annual car exibitions, but not anymore.
    gone were those concept cars or prototypes that used to dominate car show of the past...

those kinda cars were way sexier then the babes.
    now the focus is on the babes liao...
    I did not bother to go to DCA at all.
    I do agree that Motorshow 2004 had much more in terms of exhibits and appears to be the better show.

love shooting cars.. however, the crowd and background is always against you when it comes to car show..

wow.. only 12 people interested in car photography.. that sounds positive.. guess there really are "a lot of single photography guys out there" into portraiture photography (quoted from DCA 2005 emcee...)

nice to meet U guys, hardly see yr posts, care to share yr stuff? =)

find it hard to take good car shots at motorshows, the relfection of the light is everywhere of the car, background is a mess.

unless one is a professional, else it's impossible to get a car into a studio to shoot.

at most one can do is shoot a car outdoors, panning, or stationary shots, to mimic magazines etc.

cheers

wld like some ideas though, going to sentosa this wkend, and hope to shoot my own car. with some background there. : )

Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus
    find it hard to take good car shots at motorshows, the relfection of the light is everywhere of the car, background is a mess.

unless one is a professional, else it's impossible to get a car into a studio to shoot.

at most one can do is shoot a car outdoors, panning, or stationary shots, to mimic magazines etc.

cheers

wld like some ideas though, going to sentosa this wkend, and hope to shoot my own car. with some background there. : )
    So what's yr favorite wine? haha
    i'm curious... when U try to take car shots at motorshows, what lens and/or camera are you using if U dont mind me asking?

Go as wide as you can in the confines of a car show especially if you aren't lucky enough to get the media day passes. A fast and wide lens means you needn't use flash and you can get in front of the unwashed masses with their P&S digitals for the uncluttered shot. You do need to watch out for distortion though, so don't get too close. You've just inspired me to dig up some pictures from last year's Brisbane auto salon......

Quote Originally Posted by Rev
    So what's yr favorite wine? haha
    i'm curious... when U try to take car shots at motorshows, what lens and/or camera are you using if U dont mind me asking?

fav wine? no idea,..am lousy at wines...up to my palette to decide.

i tried usin 12-24 / 28-135 / 550EX / 300D.

I like wheels or sports rims, like to take photos of them. The bigger the better, like 18" or 19" in size, japanese high end wheels like Volks Racing, Gram Light, Advan, Enkei, Prodrive etc etc.

Loves to see that they are wearing extremely low profile tyres that resembles more like just rubber bands wrapped over the wheels itself & see thru the wheels to the cross drill or slated disc brakes with huge gold caliper to it.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?