Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Subway removes ham and bacon from nearly 200 stores and offers halal meat

Default Subway removes ham and bacon from nearly 200 stores and offers halal meat

Objection !!!

Default Re: Subway removes ham and bacon from nearly 200 stores and offers halal meat

Okay.. thats it.. the end is near!

Default Re: Subway removes ham and bacon from nearly 200 stores and offers halal meat

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Okay.. thats it.. the end is near!
    Lucky I still can have my 燒肉 and 叉燒.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Lucky I still can have my 燒肉 and 叉燒.
    三分燒肉注定, 七分靠叉燒.
    Objection !!!

Check more news found on youtube and you will see more concerning trends and direction then this news about bowing to pressure.... Anyway not something we should be speculating here but something to note about what's possibly happening around the world.
    Last edited by sammy888; 3rd May 2014 at 03:02 AM.

To borrow a line from the Godfather

It's only business. Nothing personal.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

They must have reviewed and ham meal volume is low. Otherwise they would have more options. No ham no beef so next ?

Its a business... In Malaysia, I heard Subway is already Halal...

Personally... don't see it as such a big deal also... isn't Mc, BK, KFC, Pizza Hut all Halal...

Scuba & Father... For Life

It is normal. The company is global. The market is local for the local branches. They adjust to local culture and majority's needs. In Thailand, I could find fast food pork burgers. In Middle East countries that is not likely.
    There is no right or wrong. It is just business.

https://www.facebook.com/BurgerKingThailand

photo credit: www.flickr.com
    Last edited by ricohflex; 3rd May 2014 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Its a business... In Malaysia, I heard Subway is already Halal...

Personally... don't see it as such a big deal also... isn't Mc, BK, KFC, Pizza Hut all Halal...
    of coz it is a big deal, if you frequent subway, majority of their meals got ham. cold cut trio, turkey and ham, italian BMT , subway melt, subway club..and etc...
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    of coz it is a big deal, if you frequent subway, majority of their meals got ham. cold cut trio, turkey and ham, italian BMT , subway melt, subway club..and etc...

I do eat subway.... but mostly Tuna or Chicken... it can also replace Ham with Turkey Ham or other meat...

At the end of the day it's all about business sense.
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

huh? u mean all these while is not halal? my malay friends frequent subway! my god!

The famous Subway BLT means bacon, lettuce and tomato. All along non-Halal if their bacon is from a pig.

So glad Subway has now converted!

To Halal!

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    ...In Thailand, I could find fast food pork burgers.
    It's time we have 燒肉 burgers, 叉燒 burgers and my fav0urite 肉丝 burgers in Singapore.

Subway is delicious and if more of my friends can enjoy it why not?
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Quek View Post
    huh? u mean all these while is not halal? my malay friends frequent subway! my god!

Not all Muslim are so strict in their diet... Alot of my friends will eat as long as NO pork or lard... But the restaurant certainly isn't Halal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    Subway is delicious and if more of my friends can enjoy it why not?
    Ok. You've got a date in Subway.

Where and when?

The news is for United Kingdom (UK)..., why you all talk like as if Singapore is affected?

Quote Originally Posted by Subway (Singapore)
    Are SUBWAY® Restaurants in Singapore certified HALAL?

Currently SUBWAY® Restaurants in Singapore are not HALAL certified. Every segment of the market in Singapore is important to us and eventually we hope to have our menu items available to everyone. At this point in time, due to various market, regulatory and business issues, we are not able to move forward with obtaining HALAL certification but do be assured that we will communicate about its availability to the public once it is obtained.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast