Thread: qUEsTioNs abT sEttiNGs...

Default qUEsTioNs abT sEttiNGs...

NooB abt settings... wanna take a few kind of shots...

#1 Picture of wine glass taken with light from my back. Some sort like a studio shoot.

#2 Sunrise with an aeroplane flying @ Changi Beach

For pic 1... can anybody guide mi on wat aperture and shutter speed to use?? any other things i must take into consideration?

For pic 2... same thing... aperture and shutter speed...

Currently using a G5... thaNx for ur help guys...

wow... erm, a bit too vague...

1) depends on how strong is the light thats coming from the back, it will eventually affect your settings too, and what kind of effect are u trying to create? those darker moody kinda shot? then u might need to underexpose ur shot a little etc...

2) thats gonna be a tough shot, sunrise with plane flying... ur plane will prob look quite tiny.. unless u get a place that have a good view of a plane before it flies too high up... usually a fast shutter is used, or u might risk blown out on the sunrise skies... and its a very "opportunity" shot.. again depends on what u trying to create..

perhaps some other more experienced photog would have better ideas for u too.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~
    wow... erm, a bit too vague...

1) depends on how strong is the light thats coming from the back, it will eventually affect your settings too, and what kind of effect are u trying to create? those darker moody kinda shot? then u might need to underexpose ur shot a little etc...

2) thats gonna be a tough shot, sunrise with plane flying... ur plane will prob look quite tiny.. unless u get a place that have a good view of a plane before it flies too high up... usually a fast shutter is used, or u might risk blown out on the sunrise skies... and its a very "opportunity" shot.. again depends on what u trying to create..

perhaps some other more experienced photog would have better ideas for u too.
    thanx for the advice. im scared that if i expose too much... there will be reflection on the wine glass. is there a general setting when taking a glass picture??

I agree too that #2 would be very difficult to take... im more afraid that there wont be any plane during the period of sunrise... lolx... unless i PS it...

Use auto mode and see what shutter speeds/aperture the camera gives you, you can then switch to manual and start experimenting using those settings. You can try using a circular polarizer to cut down on reflections. And you don't need to type in alt caps.

Quote Originally Posted by n0d3
    Use auto mode and see what shutter speeds/aperture the camera gives you, you can then switch to manual and start experimenting using those settings. You can try using a circular polarizer to cut down on reflections. And you don't need to type in alt caps.
    thanx for the advise... and sorry for the caps... used to it already... hee... but i currently dun haf a circular polarizer... will it affect the reflections alot?