Thread: Re: Photography book

Default Re: Photography book

Hi, being a newbie in this hobby, I'm wondering if any kind bro can recommend a good photography book meant for beginner but also can the same time cover topics on technical spec, technique to shoot, the combination skill to using shutter speed+aperture,etc.

Can I know the name of the book and the price, plus where to get it. Thanks.

Understanding Exposure - Bryan Peterson (around $38 - 42)

try this shop, specialize on photography books

Riceball Photography Bookstore
    #04-17, The Adelphi
    1 Coleman Street Singapre 179803
    Tel/Fax 63367076
    Last edited by jopel; 6th July 2005 at 09:20 AM.

Thumbs up

try riceball, good place to see all kinds of photography books at one place.

try ur neighbourhood library 1st? it free...

haha the internet is free as well... and there will always be someone to ans ur query on this forum i guess...

where's ur location?

i can lend u Understanding Exposure

if u need,just PM me

Quote Originally Posted by wainism
    where's ur location?

i can lend u Understanding Exposure

if u need,just PM me
    I'm staying in AMK area. It's nice of u to lend me, but maybe I'll just drop by and have a look. U recommending this book cos is a must for newbie? Thanks.

Wa... can lend me the book? I go photocopy then return you. I live at Toa Payoh. Thanks.

Hi
    I got a photo book by famous michael russel,good basic guide to beginner.
    My first book 10 yrs ago,BUT its Chinese translation edition.
    Anyone need it FREE,can self collect from my place at Jurong east ave 1.

Another famous book u can serach from library is Natural Light photography from Jim Zulkerman,(world famous landscape photographer)or visit his web,his photo and skill will inspire u a lot

I have two books in Traditional Chinese (Beginner and Advanced). Not sure suit you or not. PM me bah.

can no problem. i live in bishan, and work in City Hall. anybody wanna borrow just PM me.

BUT my one is the first edition. think its lacking in digital photography.

Tom Ang has a pretty decent one on digital photography. check it out at major bookstores. Publisher is DK i think. about $80 hard cover.

Go to amazon.com and search for the book you want. You'll have a pleasant surprise that the prices can be lower than those in stores here. Plus some of the books actually come with a CD (which is essential, for say, practice photoshop skills), but if you buy from stores here, they don't have the bundled CD.

Blog Entries

I'd say get a book on composition first, after you get the composition right then you can go and understand exposure

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    I'd say get a book on composition first, after you get the composition right then you can go and understand exposure
    Any books on composition to recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    Any books on composition to recommend?
    There are quite a few. Not all you may agree with but many many poses can be learned concerning the human body alone.
    Go to the library. Spend a day reading the many photo books there. Wonderfully relaxing.
    Try 'Master Posting guide for portrait photographers'. By J.D. Wacker. Easy to read, nicely illustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by tOGGY
    There are quite a few. Not all you may agree with but many many poses can be learned concerning the human body alone.
    Go to the library. Spend a day reading the many photo books there. Wonderfully relaxing.
    Try 'Master Posting guide for portrait photographers'. By J.D. Wacker. Easy to read, nicely illustrated.
    Thanks.

Try Basheer. Student got 15% discount.
    Favouritism | Design + Lifestyle + Art

Quote Originally Posted by zerofour
    Try Basheer. Student got 15% discount.
    ??? Whats Basheer ???

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    ??? Whats Basheer ???
    A bookstore with LARGE variety of books on graphic, interior, animations etc etc located at Bras Basah level 4...