Thread: Desperate help needed to take out Memory Stick from Notebook!

Default Desperate help needed to take out Memory Stick from Notebook!

Hi Guys,

I just borrowed a Memory stick to slot inside my Notebook 6-in-1 slot. But the problem is once inserted fully all the way inside, there's no pin or button for eject. The card went all the way inside and it's impossible for me to take out without an eject button. Try reading manual and internet, there's no mention how to take out. Now need the card urgently for sister's travel. Someone can help pls?? Thanks.. My notebook model is from Starhub, Compaq M2015AP.

can try pressing it again.... there could be a spring eject system

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas1986
    can try pressing it again.... there could be a spring eject system
    Hi thanks but the card went deep inside the slot.. It's impossible for my fingers to go in at all... I tried using a screw driver to push but still doesn't help... Thanks for the reply anyway...

use a piece of post it pad to stick and pull it out, i had the same prob before. cos my brother stuck a reduced size mmc into my printer's mmc slot.

Quote Originally Posted by kirayamato
    use a piece of post it pad to stick and pull it out, i had the same prob before. cos my brother stuck a reduced size mmc into my printer's mmc slot.

Sorry, I am pretty dumb but may I ask what is post it pad???? Thanks...

3M post- it note?

Quote Originally Posted by tokrot
    Sorry, I am pretty dumb but may I ask what is post it pad???? Thanks...
    Its those yellow notepads with a sticky strip. Or you can use a piece of strong tape attached to something slim to try to get it to stick to the tape and pull it out.

Or use a slim pair of little clipers?

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia
    3M post- it note?
    Thanks... I will buy it tomorrow from the store.. Btw is there such thing as reduced size Memory stick/Pro?? How come the design so lousy? Can't even take out?

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Its those yellow notepads with a sticky strip. Or you can use a piece of strong tape attached to something slim to try to get it to stick to the tape and pull it out.

Or use a slim pair of little clipers?
    Thanks for the help guys.. I really hope can fix the problem.. Really need the card for my sister's trip.. Now imagine a camera without a storage card...

memory stick duo is like the size of a SD card.

think you can try using pliers. those flat on both ends to try to clip it out ... can also consider those used to pull eye brown

Quote Originally Posted by tokrot
    Thanks... I will buy it tomorrow from the store.. Btw is there such thing as reduced size Memory stick/Pro?? How come the design so lousy? Can't even take out?
    MS got 2 sizes, just like SD and MMC.
    Full size and Duo size (Must use adapter if slotting into a full size device)

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas1986
    also consider those used to pull eye brown
    I wanted to say pull nose hair one in my above post.

Try using bluetack? more sticky

Quote Originally Posted by Kei
    Try using bluetack? more sticky
    Yup more sticky but to use it, you have to press it hard for a few secs. Might jam the card inside. Not so good i think.

Just an 'improved' version of some of the ideas here:

Take a small, parallell ice-cream stick (less likely to scratch anything since you'll be digging around) and use DOUBLE SIDED TAPE, wrapped around a few times for secure adhesion to the stick, as well as providing a 'padded' surface to press on the memory stick.

Alternatively, and if you're proficient with assembly/dissambly, and if nothing else works, well, slowly dissamble the laptop. Most PCs/laptops use very modular construction and should be fairly easy to dissamble.

Or enlist the help of a friend who's a PC freak and does DIY - he or she would probably be able to help you - with eyes closed.

Best of luck!