decided to start this thread in the spirit of fostering more photo critiques on clubsnap. anyone who posts a photo for critique on this thread will be *guaranteed* a critique either be me, or anyone else who is interested to practice photo critiques. some guidelines to follow for this thread:
1. critiques will not merely be "crap shot!", "nice shot!", or
2. the critique will include constructive comments/suggestions on how to improve the photo.
3. reasons will be given why the critique giver thinks the shot is good, or why the shot is weak/bad.
4. ppl who post photos for critique must not take offence at any negative comments/critique even if the comments are as brutal as simon cowell's.
5. unless otherwise stated, everyone giving a photo critique here is NOT a pro, NOT an expert, and does NOT have to show anyone their own portfolio to justify that they are worthy of critiquing photos. however, they are interested in learning how to critique better and more constructively, through practice.
some guidelines for those giving photo critiques;
- Framing/Composition (e.g. how appealing/interesting is the pic?)
- Exposure/Tones (e.g. over blown highlights)
- Post-Process Workflow
- artistic merit
some guidelines for photographers posting photos for critique;
1. know your subject
2. draw attention to your subject
it would also be helpful to post a short paragraph telling us why you took the pic and what you were trying to achieve photographically.