Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Patterns from the Zoo Series

  1. #1

    Default Patterns from the Zoo Series

    Some patterns of nature:

    Black and white


    Rear


    Blue Tiles


    Orange Tiles


    White tiles

  2. #2

    Default

    White-yellow tiles


    Eye
    Last edited by tchuanye; 5th July 2005 at 01:01 AM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    amazing how the butterfly wings look like close up right? those are scales (like fish scales) that make up the tiles..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    amazing how the butterfly wings look like close up right? those are scales (like fish scales) that make up the tiles..
    Yep, it is indeed very amazing on the scales on butterfly wings.....tiny things but beautifully designed!

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    amazing how the butterfly wings look like close up right? those are scales (like fish scales) that make up the tiles..
    Now you know they are the from the wing of the butt. Finally....

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tchuanye
    Yep, it is indeed very amazing on the scales on butterfly wings.....tiny things but beautifully designed!

    You got it rite on the scale thing. BFs are insects known as Lepidoptera...from the Greek words lepis(a scale) and pteron(wing).
    A scale wing.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Would pic #1 looks better in b/w?....just a thought.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lion king
    Would pic #1 looks better in b/w?....just a thought.
    Hey good idea! Never thought of doing that! Will try that tonight.,

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    wah! so pai seh.. my post kenna seen by so many seniors..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  10. #10

    Default

    ..amazing pictures !
    mmm..are those stripes a close up of the Zebra or the surface of a butterfly wing?...if its the zebra, they do look very interesting..i thought they will be hairy like a horse.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airconvent
    ..amazing pictures !
    mmm..are those stripes a close up of the Zebra or the surface of a butterfly wing?...if its the zebra, they do look very interesting..i thought they will be hairy like a horse.
    First 2 are zebra, rest are butterfly....
    BTW, horses are not hairy too, their bodies are like velvet....

  12. #12

    Default

    Very nice series.. Seems to have been sharpened in PS.

    Liked all except the elephant eye shot.
    Personally would have liked to see more to the right and less of the left, as on the right side of the shot, i am beginning to see the wrinkles of the eyes etc but got cut off..
    RH

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhair78
    Very nice series.. Seems to have been sharpened in PS.

    Liked all except the elephant eye shot.
    Personally would have liked to see more to the right and less of the left, as on the right side of the shot, i am beginning to see the wrinkles of the eyes etc but got cut off..
    Thanks! See what you mean. my intention was to place the eye at the focal 1/3 point, and as the eye was looking towards the left, I put more space on the left, and to show the skin texture......but I do see your point.Thanks again!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •