Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do u clean dust from your camera lens and is it ok to have some dust on the lens?

Deregistered

Default Re: How do u clean dust from your camera lens and is it ok to have some dust on the l

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Exactly, the images were taken with the front element cracks. Now you might understand how strange it is seeing people arguing about dust on front element and the "dust protector filters" sold everywhere..
    How come the lens cracked but the picture still ok. You mean to say that if the picture can still be ok if the lens is cracked a bit of dust won't ruin the picture right?

Default Re: How do u clean dust from your camera lens and is it ok to have some dust on the l

Quote Originally Posted by Soulblade88 View Post
    How come the lens cracked but the picture still ok. You mean to say that if the picture can still be ok if the lens is cracked a bit of dust won't ruin the picture right?
    Short answer...Yes

Yes normally just bit of dust won't affect. Else those wearing spec will always be seeing dust in front of their eyes. We will also find some scratch line on our spec but won't be seeing it unless it really deep one.

I had dust inside my previous lens b4. It doesn't show up unless I down the aperture all way (eg f16, 22) and really go "find" the dust on taken photos.

Quote Originally Posted by huatman View Post
    Yes normally just bit of dust won't affect. Else those wearing spec will always be seeing dust in front of their eyes. We will also find some scratch line on our spec but won't be seeing it unless it really deep one.
    Well, I have see people with specs that made my hairs stand. Must have been already foggy vision.
    Dust and smudges on specs are clearly visible and get annoying much faster, especially when the light is coming from front (eg. lamps, low sun). The reason is the distance to the eye. Similarly: the speck on front element is never visible, but specs on rear elements or sensor (correctly: filter before sensor) will show up when using small aperture.
    EOS

You can read up on this link as well: http://kurtmunger.com/dirty_lens_articleid35.html for the dust/dirt/crack lens image quality..
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by Soulblade88 View Post
    Yes..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12