Thread: Pls comment

Default Pls comment on my 3 honeymoon pix. Thank you.

Hi all,

I have a 3 pictures taken while I was in Melbourne for my honeymoon.

Pls comment on it. Thank you.

Last edited by kevyan; 4th July 2005 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Adding pictures

it would be betta if you have taken the picture slightly higher so the top of the two tallest building does not get cropped off

Quote Originally Posted by rebbot
    it would be betta if you have taken the picture slightly higher so the top of the two tallest building does not get cropped off
    Okay, thanks. Point noted.

Did you bring a tripod along

Quote Originally Posted by shawnlim
    Did you bring a tripod along
    I did, but I didn't use. Why?

Something wrong with my pictures b'cos I didn't use the tripod?
    Last edited by kevyan; 4th July 2005 at 03:43 PM.

Eh.... anymore comments?

Like to hear more so to improve. Thank you.

Blog Entries

on my screen it seems a little over exposed, I feel that the pictures can go a little darker, but that is something PS can fix.

Just my preference

Quote Originally Posted by kevyan
    I did, but I didn't use. Why?

Something wrong with my pictures b'cos I didn't use the tripod?
    There's nothing wrong. I can see that the shot you have taken is pretty sharp w/o a tripod. Impressive indeed. But with a tripod, you might be able to get that extra bit of sharpness.
    Try cropping off a bit more of the reflection at the bottom will make the picture nicer.

The other 2 pictures seem to be vignetting. Try cropping a bit off their top portion will make it looks better. Hope this help.

The first one reminds me of boat quey...

Anyway, I feel that the 1st photo has too many clutter and i don't know where to look first.. kinda in between peaceful and busy.. not your fault unless there is a better vantage point to shoot... probably the trees and wires are a bit distracting.

I feel the 2nd photo has too much empty spaces on the sky and is a bit under... I would prefer more exposure and saturate a bit to get the dark tones again... but that is a personal preference...

lastly, nice photos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by obewan
    There's nothing wrong. I can see that the shot you have taken is pretty sharp w/o a tripod. Impressive indeed. But with a tripod, you might be able to get that extra bit of sharpness.
    Try cropping off a bit more of the reflection at the bottom will make the picture nicer.

The other 2 pictures seem to be vignetting. Try cropping a bit off their top portion will make it looks better. Hope this help.
    Thank you. I will try and crop it and see the effects of it.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    The first one reminds me of boat quey...

Anyway, I feel that the 1st photo has too many clutter and i don't know where to look first.. kinda in between peaceful and busy.. not your fault unless there is a better vantage point to shoot... probably the trees and wires are a bit distracting.

I feel the 2nd photo has too much empty spaces on the sky and is a bit under... I would prefer more exposure and saturate a bit to get the dark tones again... but that is a personal preference...

lastly, nice photos!!!
    Hee hee...

It does look a bit like Boat Quey... but it's Flinder's Station in Melbourne.
    Where I was standing, it was very peaceful, whereas for the station, busy.

Can you elaborate more on the 2nd photo? What do you mean when you say you prefer more exposure and saturate a bit......

I am new to photography.... so do not know a lot of things. But willing to learn from all of you.

Thank you.
    Last edited by kevyan; 5th July 2005 at 11:29 AM.

Default Keep the Photo!

I must feel the need to add... hang on tight to the photos... afterall 1 of the 12 apostles in your picture has eroded and is gone forever!!!

Thumbs up

The melb city nite shot is fab but a little bit overexposed i feel.

yes, your 12 apostles pic would make for a good memory. Would be good if you could go back there and take the same shot again - kinda like a before and after thing.

I like the fishing rod pic. But it seems a little dark. Would have made for a more interesting pic if one of the rods were bend (ie: like there's a catch on the line).

Just my 2cents.

Hmm...reminds me of those wonderful years i spent in melb...Good job!!!

First pic seems a little overexposed to me, so in my mind, creates quite a mess with all those burnt out spots as well as the whole bottom part of the building. Compositionwise, I agree with what some of the others that should have framed more of the top of the pic.

Second pic, a bit harsh, either because it was taken later in the morning or its over exposed. Maybe can darken it a little with ps and see if can increase saturation in the sky. Might also increase the density in the rocks to create darker silhouette.
    Just some of my thoughts.