Thread: Little India riot is nothing compare to this : WARNING: CONTAINS GRAPHIC VIOLENCE

Default Little India riot is nothing compare to this : WARNING: CONTAINS GRAPHIC VIOLENCE

Objection !!!

So for those that criticize police violence and use of force, they need to be there facing the crowd to appreciate their own danger.

Different situations call for different solutions. People react differently also due to many factors. We can only feel sorry for them. Singapore is tiny and damn hot BUT we are safe.

Default Re: Little India riot is nothing compare to this : WARNING: CONTAINS GRAPHIC VIOLENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Singapore is tiny and damn hot BUT we are safe.
    agree with the damn hot part. safe? i am not so sure...
    Objection !!!

Blog Entries

No country is virgin white safe even japan
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

When a country is over populated, problems raised. Every where same, even in animal kingdom.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Default Re: Little India riot is nothing compare to this : WARNING: CONTAINS GRAPHIC VIOLENCE

MSMs mentioned the 5 Chengguans are only critically injured.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    MSMs mentioned the 5 Chengguans are only critically injured.
    Only critically injured.... use: the 5 chengguans are critically injured. the only here make it sound just not correct.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Only critically injured.... use: the 5 chengguans are critically injured. the only here make it sound just not correct.
    Simply because many people are hoping they are dead or under the impression that they are killed mah. It is very fortunate for those 5 chengguan officials only to be critically injured and not beaten to death by the mob.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    So for those that criticize police violence and use of force, they need to be there facing the crowd to appreciate their own danger.

Different situations call for different solutions. People react differently also due to many factors. We can only feel sorry for them. Singapore is tiny and damn hot BUT we are safe.
    I think should get a better example.

In this case, it was exactly the police (Chengguan) violence that sparks the whole thing, (almost?) costing them their own lives.. Do note that I don't approve of rioting and all, it's just a neutral observation.
    Last edited by Foxshade; 23rd April 2014 at 06:08 PM.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Last time I saw a newspaper article, the so call "chengguan" are hired by local city official to manage the street hawkers. The city official outsource "chengguan" to "security" companies, which are run by gangsters. The locals call them uniform gangsters/thugs. They bully, terrorise hawkers and legally collect "protection" money as "business" licence.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    I think should get a better example. In this case, it was exactly the police (Chengguan) violence that sparks the whole thing, (almost?) costing them their own lives.. Do note that I don't approve of rioting and all, it's just a neutral observation.
    I also not advocating police violence. I am just saying we cannot apply the same principle to all situation. Do appreciate those front line staff that are exposed to danger. They also are human being and need protection like us. Just ask yourself would you like to be in their position and do nothing?

The fundamental of thing is, when you push a tiger to the wall, you never know what is next.

Deregistered

if the law, which is supposed to be protecting them, is menacing them instead, then they should take the law in their own hands.
    It is fair, IMO.
    100% supportive of the people's action.

Similarly, if some bus drivers did not give a damn to a lowly human live, then they should be punished.