Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Utd XV: A New lifeline ...

Default Re: Man Utd XV: A New lifeline ...

A little O.T. interruption for the LULz.

YouTube Video ID No. ZDAO6T7UTWO

83,000 frustrated soccer fans gets board during slow match at Wembley stadium, starts throwing paper aeroplane onto the field by the hundreds striking Peru substitute defender Hansell Riojas with a headshot [01] [02] [03].

One of the comments...

I'm stunned that he didn't immediately crumple to the ground, holding his neck and screaming.

Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 1st June 2014 at 04:59 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Now back to the regular scheduled telecast.

David Moyes Warns Former Employer Over Louis Van Gaal Appointment.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Teddy excited for OT return

Teddy Sheringham says stepping out at Old Trafford for Soccer Aid this weekend will bring back a host of great memories from his time as a Manchester United player.

Sheringham spent four memorable years as a Red and was part of the famous 1999 Treble-winning side.

The former striker, who will don the England shirt in Sunday's charity match against the Rest of the World, says there was nothing better than European nights at Old Trafford and believes Sunday's match will have a similar feel to it.

"It’s always fantastic to come back," he told the official Soccer Aid matchday programme. "You forget how big the stadium is and how many people used to watch you as a player. It was always an amazing feeling to have nearly 80,000 fans packed into the stadium and cheering you on.

"Whenever I come back I think of the goals I scored here and all the many great memories I got to experience. I'll always remember my first Champions League goal for United against Juventus [in October 1997] on a Wednesday night.

"I’d been told so much about how special European nights were at Old Trafford and even though we went 1-0 down very quickly, we ended up winning 3-2 and all my expectations about big European nights at Old Trafford were there for me and everyone else to see.

"It'll be another great atmosphere at Soccer Aid. It's always a great charity event to be involved in and I hope we'll be picking up the trophy with England again this year."

teddy sheringham return to OT

Wow ... return of Sheringham!

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Now back to the regular scheduled telecast.

David Moyes Warns Former Employer Over Louis Van Gaal Appointment.
    Think he need to rethink his future ...

FIFA delete Januzaj debut

Manchester United prodigy Adnan Januzaj has had his first international cap for Belgium taken away from him after FIFA wiped last month's 5-1 win over Luxembourg from their official records.
    Marc Wilmots made seven substitutions during the World Cup warm-up match in Genk, which is one more than the quota permitted by world football's governing body.

The decision also means Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku's hat-trick has been erased from the history books, while back-up goalkeeper Sammy Bossut loses his first cap.

Furthermore, the result will not count towards the FIFA rankings that will be updated on Friday ahead of the World Cup, where Belgium are widely viewed as dark horses.

Januzaj now hopes to make his debut – for the second time – in Saturday’s final warm-up match with Tunisia in Brussels, before flying to Brazil, where his team-mates will face Algeria, Russia and South Korea in Group H.

Januzaj Belgium debut deleted from records

Sir Bobby Charlton Wants Cristiano Ronaldo Back at Manchester United
    by Michael Farringdon June 6th, 2014

Manchester United legend Sir Bobby Charlton wants Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo to come back to England and play for the Red Devils once again, according to the Daily Express.

The 76-year-old knows that it is wishful thinking on his part that Ronaldo makes a comeback, but he still does not give up hope.

Calling the Portuguese superstar the most enjoyable player he has seen, Charlton said, “I wonder if ever the day would come when maybe he would come and play for us [Manchester United] again. I don’t think it will happen, but you never know. He is the most enjoyable player to watch that I’ve ever seen. He is so fast, so inventive, just magic.”

Charlton is also optimistic that the appointment of a new manager in Louis Van Gaal could help Manchester United get back to the top of English football once again, and is excited to seeing how the Dutchman’s new style of football works for the Red Devils next season.

Charlton called the last season under David Moyes a ‘tricky one’, and hopes that the signing of a couple of more world class players and the magic of Van Gaal will bring the glory days back to Man United.

Desperate Sir Bobby Charlton

Exclusive: Man United Prepare Stunning £73m Bid to Re-Sign Real Madrid Star Cristiano Ronaldo
    by Christian Bailey June 6th, 2014

Man United are readying a big money bid to re-sign Real Madrid attacker Cristiano Ronaldo with the Old Trafford side prepared to offer €90m (£73m) for the Bernabeu star.

CaughtOffside understands that chief executive Ed Woodward has been instructed by the club’s American owners to test the water with an opening offer for the Portuguese international.

The Old Trafford side feel that an offer for Ronaldo would be a statement of intent that would serve to improve the club’s reputation regardless of whether the Spanish giants entertain the notion of selling their prized asset.

The Premier League side are looking to re-build their squad after a disastrous campaign under David Moyes left Man United without the carrot of Champions League football to offer prospective targets but are set to hand incoming boss Louis van Gaal as much as £200m to invest in new additions this summer.

Man United sold Ronaldo to Real Madrid in an £80m deal back in July 2009 and the club’s owners believe an offer of £73m would be a competitive one for a player months away from his 30th birthday.

Ronaldo has made no secret of his continued affection for his former club and a Man United side under the guidance of experienced manager van Gaal may prove a tempting prospect for the Balon d’Or winner.

Having helped Real Madrid to a much coveted ‘Decima’, the club’s tenth European Cup/Champions League triumph, there may be a sense that Ronaldo could feel he has achieved all he can in the Spanish capital having already won La Liga and Copa del Rey titles with Los Blancos.

Cristiano Ronaldo is fondly remembered by Man United’s fan-base and a move to bring their former hero back would not only serve to highlight the club’s push to act after last term’s seventh place Premier League finish but would also help to improve the club’s options in the final third.

Van Gaal is ready to listen to offers for a number of his current attacking options with the likes of Javier Hernandez, Danny Welbeck, Ashley Young, Nani and Shinji Kagawa all strongly linked with summer exits.

Ronaldo may be nearing 30 but Man United are confident that the forward’s marketability is more than enough to justify such a massive outlay for the Real Madrid man.

Real Madrid brought in Gareth Bale last summer as part of a massive influx of additions and with Carlo Ancelotti said to be keen on landing either Luis Suarez or Sergio Aguero, from Liverpool & Man City respectively, there may be a faint hope that a big offer for Ronaldo may be considered by president Florentino Pérez as he seeks to welcome in a new selection of Galaticos.

Ronaldo has amassed an extraordinary total of 252 goals in 249 appearances for Real Madrid.

Man United prepare stunning 73m bid
    Last edited by melvin; 6th June 2014 at 10:48 PM.

Hope not making the same mistake as last season

Manchester United Striker Close To Agreeing Serie A Move
    by Andy Morris June 6th, 2014

Inter Milan are closing in on a deal to sign Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez, according to The Express.

Chicharito, who celebrated his 26th birthday earlier this month, started just six Premier League games this season.

He made a further 18 league appearances as a substitute, scoring four goals and providing three assists.

Hernandez has apparently had enough of being a bit-part squad player and, instead of waiting to see how the land lies under new manager Louis van Gaal, he wants to leave Old Trafford this summer.

Inter reportedly want to sign Hernandez on loan, securing an option to buy him for £10m at the end of next season.

It is claimed that defender Nemanja Vidic, who will join Inter on a free transfer from United in the coming weeks, has helped to persuade Hernandez that a move to the San Siro would be a good one.

Inter are said to be hopeful of completing a deal for Hernandez before the World Cup begins on June 12.

Hernandez is part of Mexico’s Brazil 2014 squad and he has been capped 58 times by the North American country at senior international level, scoring 35 goals.

He featured in five Champions League matches this term, but he will have to settle for Europa League football if he signs for Inter, who finished fifth in Serie A – 42 points below champions Juventus.

United striker close to serie A move

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    Hope not making the same mistake as last season
    Seriously i really dun reject him coming back but then the amount of money can be put into better use.

Internationals: Shinji nets again

Shinji Kagawa scored another goal for Japan as his national team won a thrilling last friendly before the World Cup, beating Zambia 4-3 in Tampa, USA.

The United playmaker equalised for Alberto Zaccheroni's side in the 75th minute, long after the African side had taken a shock 2-0 lead within the opening half-hour. Keisuke Honda pulled one back from the penalty spot before the break and the same player swiftly followed up Kagawa's leveller to put Japan in front for the first time.

After Zambia’s Lubambo Musonda squared the scoreline once again in the 89th minute, it needed an injury-time strike by Yoshito Okubo to ensure Shinji's team claimed a second victory in Florida, following their 3-1 success over Costa Rica in which the Reds star had also scored. Japan's next fixture will be their first match of the World Cup, a Group C clash with Ivory Coast in Recife on Saturday, 14 June.

Kagawa said after the Zambia match: "It means a lot for me to score two games in a row because I want to play in the World Cup in good form. But our quality - both for myself and for us as a team - was not very good today.

"Had this been the first match in the World Cup, it could have been a difficult situation to turn the match around from 2-0 down. It was perhaps good that this happened before the tournament.

"We need to get into shape once we get to Brazil. But with my mind focused for another week before the World Cup starts, I know I will be ready."

Elsewhere in the United States, Nani and Javier Hernandez were on opposing sides - at least, they were from the 58th minute when the latter came on as substitute for Mexico.

Reports suggest Chicharito livened up El Tri's attack, although it was Portugal who emerged victorious thanks to a stoppage-time header from stand-in captain Bruno Alves.

Nani played throughout the 1-0 win in Foxborough, Massachusetts but his former United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo missed the match through injury.

Portugal's campaign in Brazil will begin with a tough game against Germany on 16 June, but subsequent fixtures against Ghana and USA are also not expected to be easy.

Nani's national coach Paulo Bento admitted: "It's going to be a balanced group with four strong teams so it's going to be very difficult for us, but we will fight to the end to achieve our first goal, which is to reach the knockout phase.

"We still have a few mistakes that we need to correct before the World Cup."

Kagawa 2 goals back to back

United duo win first caps

Adnan Januzaj and David De Gea enjoyed a memorable evening on Saturday after making their international debuts for Belgium and Spain respectively.

Januzaj won his first cap for his country - again - as a second-half substitute in Belgium’s last-gasp victory over 10-man Tunisia, while De Gea came on for Iker Casillas in the Spanish goal for the final few minutes of the win over El Salvador.

The United winger replaced Eden Hazard on 74 minutes for his official international bow after FIFA had deleted last month’s 5-1 win over Luxembourg from record after manager Marc Wilmots made too many substitutions. Marouane Fellaini played the opening half of the friendly victory over Tunisia in Brussels which came courtesy of Dries Mertens' smart finish a minute from time. Earlier in the match, play at the Stade Roi Baudouin had been temporarily suspended because of a massive hail storm.

Bad weather had a major impact on England's 0-0 draw with 10-man Honduras in Miami. The players were forced off at the Sun Life Stadium after 23 minutes because of an electrical storm which delayed the match for more than half an hour. Wayne Rooney and Danny Welbeck both started, with Rooney playing the opening half and Welbeck going off on 79 minutes. United team-mates Phil Jones and Chris Smalling were both unused substitutes.

Over in Washington DC, De Gea and Spain ran out 2-0 winners over El Salvador thanks to a David Villa brace. It was a special occasion for De Gea who played the final seven minutes of the match at FedEx Field to claim his first cap for the Spanish national side, while Reds team-mate Juan Mata was an unused sub. After Cesc Fabregas had missed from the penalty spot in the first half, substitute Villa netted both goals - on the hour-mark and two minutes from time - to secure victory in Spain’s final warm-up match before flying to Brazil.

Duo debut

Ok ... CESC FABREGAS confirm join the blue boys ... he should have a regular place or rather more playing time if he were to join us... Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Ok ... CESC FABREGAS confirm join the blue boys ... he should have a regular place or rather more playing time if he were to join us... Hmm...
    I personally think we need a player like Yaya Toure more.. or like I always said, if only we can clone Roy Keane..

Any confirmed news of world-class player coming to Man Utd?

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSeth View Post

I personally think we need a player like Yaya Toure more.. or like I always said, if only we can clone Roy Keane..

Any confirmed news of world-class player coming to Man Utd?
    So far we're not sure about the buying list that Van Gaal gave to our "pro"CEO Woodward...

No good players wants to come because we are not in the Champions League.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    No good players wants to come because we are not in the Champions League.
    Only Man U fans are allowed to say this.

Because non Man U fan say it, it's called trolling
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    Only Man U fans are allowed to say this.

Because non Man U fan say it, it's called trolling
    Haha... Correct. Damn David Moyes...
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Van Gaal kick off the World Cup with a bang can't wait for Bpl season!

Wow. Dont know whether it was a tactical masterstroke on LVGs part but wow!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4789101114 ... LastLast