Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Utd XV: A New lifeline ...

Default Re: Man Utd XV: A New lifeline ...

These are tough times of transition.

No European competition. Don't know how many players will stay. Kagawa was playing well in his previous team
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Chan View Post
    I think he made the right decision at the wrong time. MU this season will be remembered forever for all the wrongs and disappointments we all as MU fans went through. And Rio is part of this misery. However, having said that, I just want to point out that we should remember the good times of all those who has contributed one way or another over the years under SAF and will be leaving MU this season. The new manager and team players must look forward optimistically, rebuild and return to European Champions League tournament soonest possible.

Agreed! Thats why the board needs to get the manager who is able to re-org the team and rebuild team in the shortest possible time... lots of things to be done and need to do them right! lol...

Only Sir Alex has the guts to fire Rooney. His head gotten too big like Becks and RvN last time
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

I think he made the right decision at the wrong time. MU this season will be remembered forever for all the wrongs and disappointments we all as MU fans went through. And Rio is part of this misery. However, having said that, I just want to point out that we should remember the good times of all those who has contributed one way or another over the years under SAF and will be leaving MU this season. The new manager and team players must look forward optimistically, rebuild and return to European Champions League tournament soonest possible.
    Not much of a choice really in this particular instance as he was literally getting the boot despite the pleads from Ryan Giggs.

Also to be sack are Chris Woods and along with Phil Neville.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Exactly, without European Tournaments to play for, with most clubs scrambling to confirm enhancement players for their teams, I just hope MU name still got the value to attract potential good players to play for us next season. First of all, if the new manager confirmed is Van Gaal, his reputation can be a big pulling factor. He also needs to control the existing star players and be able to apply the stick and use the rod wisely on those that are not performing with big fat pay checks. We definitely need to bounch back immediately to redeem our name and glory once accustomed and associated with MU naturally without any doubts, our ability to be commited as a team, to be feared upon etc.

Park retires from playing

Former Manchester United favourite Ji-sung Park has retired from football due to persistent knee problems, bringing down the curtain on the South Korean’s illustrious playing career.

The 33-year-old scored 27 goals in 205 Reds appearances and was a huge fans' favourite during his seven-season stay at Old Trafford, where he won four Premier League titles, three League Cups, one UEFA Champions League and the FIFA Club World Cup.

"I've been mulling retirement since February, and I've concluded that my knee won't hold up for another season,” Park explained at the JS Football Center in Seoul, where his own charity foundation is based. “I have no regrets about my career.

“I do think about what might have been if I hadn't been injured, but I have no feelings of disappointment or sorrow as I leave the sport.”

Park finished as a QPR player but spent his last season on loan at PSV Eindhoven, his first European club, where he made 27 appearances and scored two goals to help his team-mates finish fourth in the Dutch Eredivisie.

Everyone at Manchester United sends their best wishes to Ji.

Park retirement

Ya, I am a fan of Park Ji-Sung. Very honest and hardworking player. Always give 110 percent when he plays on the pitch. Hope he can continue to do work related to football, perhaps help South Korean national team build long lasting youth players for many years to come. All the best to his retirement. If he wish to stop altogether, nothing related to Football anymore, we will still respect his decision and always remember him as an outstanding ex MU and football player. Maybe he can join the South Korean Entertainment Industry, do some acting, and participate in games shows like Running Man.

I think Park had the best work ethic among footballers of his era
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Just watched the Barca and Aletico Madrid game. What a let down. Both sides were play acting so much, a touch of the body, the player came flying down, triple sommersauth and grimances in pain. The Spanish football went backwards. Time wasting is the aim of the game. The referee has a hard time determining which tackles were genuine or not. Barca style was not their old self. Took too much time to bring and pass the ball around. Players can't even control and dribble past one defender. Balls were passed too square to each other. Sometimes I felt English football crossing the balls have better chances than just kicking the balls around. Sad to see such lousy display. Its not as if Aletico Madrid need a lot defending to do, its Barca lost it totally, no ideas, same play in and out. Barca did not deserved to be La Liga Champions. If World Cup 2014 countries players adopt play acting, its going to be dreadful to watch. Aletico won it. Barca era under this coach is questionable, gone are the swift one-two-three passing which were so nice to watch last time. Perhaps players aged and the playing style is so different. Congrats to Aletico Madrid, they truly deserve it.

Arsenal just won FA cup with 3-2(extra time) to end their 8 years trophy drought

Tough on Steve Bruce.

Sometimes I felt English football crossing the balls have better chances than just kicking the balls around. Sad to see such lousy display.
    you mean, like David Moyes no idea game plan where his tactics were to simply pump a large number of crosses into penalty box hoping for a good connection?
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post

you mean, like David Moyes no idea game plan where his tactics were to simply pump a large number of crosses into penalty box hoping for a good connection?
    He was saying play direct-ball game better than passing-ball(boring) game

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    He was saying play direct-ball game better than passing-ball(boring) game
    That would depend on the direction of ball passing right? If can pass on ground and score, that's pretty exciting.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post

That would depend on the direction of ball passing right? If can pass on ground and score, that's pretty exciting.
    See what happen to Bayern tiki taka versus Real Madrid and Chelsea bus parking vs Liverpool

Some of you go review the game between Aletico Madrid and Barca. You can see that there wasn't any sense of urgency after the Aletico equalizer even until the last 15 mins of the game. Barca players jolly well knew that a win would confirm them as La Liga title holders. Somehow I felt that they might also know that if they did not win the game, their coach Tata Martino would choose to leave.... so was there something fishy there perhaps, they wanted a change of the coach??? Remember Barca was playing at home, however, there wasn't much needed of Aletico to defend, look at the statistics, how many shots on target, how many corners did Barca utilized to their advantage, Aletico goal keeper wasn't asked to do a lot either. Barca did not show any fighting spirit and hunger, where were the captain's booster and screams in the last 10 mins of the game to get everyone to score the winner, none...The La Liga title on the line but I did not see any real Barca leadership pushing for the win required except for an occasional Messi dribble which got a set free kick, and that too was just smacked into the wall. I rest my case. Maybe if the game were between Real Madrid and Aletico Madrid for the title, it would have been different.

Maybe if the game were between Real Madrid and Aletico Madrid for the title, it would have been different.
    We will see a more intense match this weekend.. Madrid Derby for the champions league..

World Cup is round the corner perhaps the big name doesn't want to risk injury....u know what kind of player Diego Simone is and what he can do to win a match

Louis van Gaal confirmed as manager of Man Utd

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast