Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Utd XV: A New lifeline ...

Default Re: Man Utd XV: A New lifeline ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Chan View Post
    Just finished watching how Chelsea draw at home to Norwich City. Mourinho men cannot even strike on targets with 3 strikers, they don't deserve to win the Premier League. Passing the ball around with no aim and idea of what to do. The first half was a waste of time for Chelsea. The team just did not have the bite to score. Ba and Willian were not effective at all either can hold or cross the ball properly. Only when Hazard comes into the game in 2nd half, Chelsea then is more threatening. But with so many free play, Chelsea players were always out of position. They cannot score and wasted so much time getting the ball up to the penalty box is so lousy to watch. The horrendous crosses from Willian is so bad, half of them go astray, over-hit and under-hit. Mourinho failed badly as the manager. No excuses, everyone knows Norwich will park the bus and defend like hell. Chelsea with no plan B as Mourinho tactics failed miserably. The build up was so slow, the players positioning were so bad, half of the time Chelsea players were chasing their own passing balls. So sad, how can Chelsea be in such a position where the play was mid-standard against a relegation possible team like Norwich in this game. I rest my case. Let's look at tom game where Crystal palace play at home to Liverpool.
    Still, they're 3rd. Above Man Utd. hmmm. Points don't lie. Chelsea has done remarkably well considering they don't score a lot of goals. They've probably got the most stingy defence in the whole league.

As a measure of stats, Fernando Torres has scored less goals than...Martin Skrtel a defender at LFC. Hmmmmm. Maybe Chelsea may want to sign him and put him up front. Freekicks and corners are always very dangerous with this guy
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Two horse race now....
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post

Still, they're 3rd. Above Man Utd. hmmm. Points don't lie. Chelsea has done remarkably well considering they don't score a lot of goals. They've probably got the most stingy defence in the whole league.

As a measure of stats, Fernando Torres has scored less goals than...Martin Skrtel a defender at LFC. Hmmmmm. Maybe Chelsea may want to sign him and put him up front. Freekicks and corners are always very dangerous with this guy
    No need to sign Skrtel while they have Ivanovic

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Chan View Post
    Just finished watching how Chelsea draw at home to Norwich City. Mourinho men cannot even strike on targets with 3 strikers, they don't deserve to win the Premier League. Passing the ball around with no aim and idea of what to do. The first half was a waste of time for Chelsea. The team just did not have the bite to score. Ba and Willian were not effective at all either can hold or cross the ball properly. Only when Hazard comes into the game in 2nd half, Chelsea then is more threatening. But with so many free play, Chelsea players were always out of position. They cannot score and wasted so much time getting the ball up to the penalty box is so lousy to watch. The horrendous crosses from Willian is so bad, half of them go astray, over-hit and under-hit. Mourinho failed badly as the manager. No excuses, everyone knows Norwich will park the bus and defend like hell. Chelsea with no plan B as Mourinho tactics failed miserably. The build up was so slow, the players positioning were so bad, half of the time Chelsea players were chasing their own passing balls. So sad, how can Chelsea be in such a position where the play was mid-standard against a relegation possible team like Norwich in this game. I rest my case. Let's look at tom game where Crystal palace play at home to Liverpool.
    true, Man City and LFC have outscored us by 30 goals. our strikers will need to do much better next season. Defence OTOH is excellent.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Who is James Wilson?
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Who is James Wilson?
    New Kid on the block risen from the youth team and England under 19 international. Was handed first team starting appearance with fellow debutant Tom Lawrence.

Wilson intends to kick on

James Wilson aims to take his Manchester United career to the next level following his two-goal debut at a packed Old Trafford.

The 18-year-old’s pair of strikes went a long way to helping the Reds to a 3-1 win over Hull City, but it was a far cry from his last outing at the stadium, an Under-21 game against Norwich last month.

Wilson showed no nerves in front of a packed Theatre of Dreams, putting United two ahead with a pair of clinical finishes, each following up on set-up work from Marouane Fellaini.

“It was a great feeling, you can’t compare it to anything else,” Wilson told MUTV. ”The first goal was just sheer euphoria and then the second was just a great experience. The ground is a lot different without 75,000 people, but just to play here even in front of a small crowd for the Under-21s is still a great experience to play on such a ground. With all the fans here tonight it was even better.”

Wilson came close to an appearance a month ago, having been on the bench for the win over Newcastle, but having now made his bow, is convinced he can cope with the demands of top-flight football after representing the Under-18s, Under-19s and Under-21s this term.

“I feel like I can deal with the physicality and pace of the game. I just need to try to get as many games as possible under my belt for the experience. If you’re getting on in the club, you have to be progressing so obviously scoring for every age group is a good sign. I’ve got where I am now but I have to kick on.”

soruce
    Last edited by melvin; 7th May 2014 at 10:20 AM.

Van Persie lauds Wilson debut

Robin van Persie has heaped praise on James Wilson after the Manchester United prodigy bagged a clinical brace of goals during his first-team debut against Hull City on Tuesday.

The 18-year-old was handed his first start alongside fellow youngster Tom Lawrence and immediately caught the attention of Old Trafford by opening the scoring on 31 minutes, before doubling his tally in the second half with a real poacher's effort from close range.

Van Persie replaced Wilson just after the hour mark and went on to score the game’s decisive goal, sealing a comfortable 3-1 win for the Reds. While speaking to MUTV after the final whistle, the Dutchman was keen to salute his fellow striker’s remarkable debut.

“James played really well,” enthused van Persie. “I know how hard it is to make your debut - I made mine when I was about 29! I know how special it can be. He made it very special for himself and for everyone tonight. To score two goals is really special.”

Tuesday’s match was also a memorable occasion for Nemanja Vidic, who made his final Old Trafford appearance before leaving the club for Inter Milan. Despite only playing with the Serbian for two seasons, van Persie knows exactly what type of character he is.

“Nemanja has been great,” Robin explained. “He’s been playing here for eight-and-a-half years and the thing I always say about him is that he puts his head where people are scared to put their feet!

“That is Nemanja. He wants to dive for the cause, in a good way. He is very brave, a great player and he’s won everything at Manchester United. It was a special day for him too.”

The Dutchman also reserved a few words of praise for interim manager Ryan Giggs, who has impressed while in charge and came off the bench to make what could be his final playing appearance at the Theatre of Dreams.

“I witnessed two team meetings as I came in a bit late," relayed the fit-again striker. "The one from the last game against Sunderland, and today’s game, were incredible. They were Sir Alex-esque.

“He’s been brilliant and I think he came on without even warming up tonight! Am I correct? He came on without a warm-up, put in some fantastic passes and almost scored. He’s a legend and I think he shows that every day.”

Robin van Persie praises James Wilson

Giggs gets lifetime award

Ryan Giggs collected the first Lifetime Achievement Award at the Manchester United Player of the Year dinner and spoke passionately about the club's ability to bounce back from adversity.

The interim manager, who continued to stress he has not yet made a decision on his future, watched as a host of big names and former team-mates paid tribute to his career on a special MUTV video.

"I’m not usually an emotional person," he stated. "But this has touched me. To receive this Lifetime Achievement is something special, one of the most special awards I’ve ever received. This club touches everyone’s heart; it’s not only a club, it’s a family. So many special people have been a part of that, so for me to win this is emotional and it’s a special night for me.

"I’ve played with so many great players who have had a massive impact on me, and of course Sir Alex Ferguson, who has been the single biggest influence on my career. I’m a lucky man."

Giggs is adamant the Reds will respond to a trophyless campaign by showing their true colours in 2014/2015.

"I think I summed it up on Tuesday, when I said it’s been a disappointing season," he reasoned. "Just like a player when you have setbacks, if you’re a proper player, you come back. If you’re a proper team and a proper club, which we are, you always bounce back.

"In my first full season we lost out to Leeds in the league and I was sat in the dressing room as an 18-year-old watching grown men cry. I saw then how much football, how much winning meant to people. How much it meant to professionals. We came back the next year and won the league for the first time in 26 years. There’s not a doubt in my mind that, as Sir Bobby [Charlton] said, we’ll be back next season and we’ll be challenging. That’s what proper clubs do, they have setbacks and they come back stronger.

"You don’t achieve anything without help. That goes for James [Wilson] who made his debut the other day, and Adnan [Januzaj] who lit up the stadium the other night. They’ll need help, just like I did. They’re at the right club, just as I have been for the last 26 years."

Report by A Marshall & N Thomas 1 of 2 Next

26 years in a club is really long need to have passion for soccer, for Man Utd running in the blood to keep the fire on going... so rare to have such loyalist in a club.

Still no news of the in coming manager??? Seems like the special one attempted to get sack failed! lol...

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Still no news of the in coming manager??? Seems like the special one attempted to get sack failed! lol...
    Louis van Gaal loh, already announced unofficially since weeks ago.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 9th May 2014 at 04:03 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Last game of a disappointing season tonight, playing for pride, hope we'll bounce back next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Last game of a disappointing season tonight, playing for pride, hope we'll bounce back next season.
    Manchester United will finish above Manchester City next season, says Sir Bobby Charlton
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ty-season.html

Team to play against Southampton.
    De Gea; Smalling, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Januzaj, Fletcher, Kagawa, Welbeck; Mata; van Persie
    Subs: Amos, Carrick, Cleverley, Lawrence, Young, Valencia, Hernandez.

Just like the way Giggs choses the first team players.

A 1-1 draw ... first away game for Giggs.

So Giggs report card for his 4 games is 2 win 1 draw and 1 lost ... 7 points out of possible 12points so mathematically is just pass only lol...

I like Giggs' team line-ups too. They have a Fergie feel to it. However the results dont seem to be quite there, nor the finishing touch at the end of entertaining team moves. Hope LVG would be an improvement on both DM and Giggsy..

A 1-1 draw ... first away game for Giggs.

So Giggs report card for his 4 games is 2 win 1 draw and 1 lost ... 7 points out of possible 12points so mathematically is just pass only lol...
    This is not good enough by MU standard.

He is not so special anymore.....needs to buck up next season!
    Good luck with your new manager
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Special one is watching

Following his captain the next to exit Mr Forgetful lol...

Rio calls time on Reds career

Rio Ferdinand has made the decision to bring the curtain down on his Manchester United career after 12 successful years at Old Trafford.

A classy defender, Ferdinand made 455 appearances for the Reds, scoring eight goals. He won six Premier League titles, two League Cups, the Champions League and the FIFA Club World Cup.

In a statement on his website, Rio said: "I have thought long and hard over the last few months about my future and, after 12 fantastic years playing for what I regard as the best club in the world, I have decided the time is right for me to move on.

"I joined Manchester United in the hope of winning trophies, and never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined how successful we would be during my time here. There have been so many highlights, playing alongside some great players who have become good friends, winning my first Premier League title and also that fantastic night in Moscow are memories that I will cherish forever.

"Circumstances didn't allow for me to say goodbye the way I would have liked but I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my team-mates, staff, the club and the fans for an unbelievable 12 years that I'll never forget. Winning trophies I dreamed about as a kid came true at this great club.

"I am feeling fit and healthy, ready for a new challenge and looking forward to whatever the future holds for me."

Everyone at Manchester United would like to thank Rio for his long and distinguished service and to wish him well for the future.

United News

I think he made the right decision at the wrong time. MU this season will be remembered forever for all the wrongs and disappointments we all as MU fans went through. And Rio is part of this misery. However, having said that, I just want to point out that we should remember the good times of all those who has contributed one way or another over the years under SAF and will be leaving MU this season. The new manager and team players must look forward optimistically, rebuild and return to European Champions League tournament soonest possible.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast