Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Utd XV: A New lifeline ...

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    If Ryan Giggs wins next 4 games in a row, does MU mgt want to keep him as permanent mgr?
    I like him the most, among MU player.

Most loyal player who doesn't have any superstar air.

If he becomes perm manager, I give my 120% support

Ryan Giggs only incharge 4 games...
    Most probably will get experience manager next summer

Default Re: Man Utd XV: A New lifeline ...

Though vann gaal agreeded??
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Not confirm yet i thought ?

Giggs can't wait for kick-off

Ryan Giggs has confessed that Manchester United's clash with Norwich City simply cannot come soon enough for him today (Saturday).

The Reds legend is clearly bursting with pride as he anticipates managing the team for the first time after being announced as an interim replacement for David Moyes. Understandably, the 40-year-old is fully focused on the job in hand and is refusing to look further ahead, but he's excited by the prospect of leading out the club he loves at Old Trafford.

"There will be no prouder person than me when we walk out," he stated. "The hairs on the back of my neck will be standing up. I know it will be rocking. I know the fans will be behind us. I know the players canít wait and my staff canít wait. I canít wait. I just want the match to come.

"Iíve got a chance to show what I can do and what I am capable of as a manager in a short space of time. Thatís my focus. After that is another conversation. Weíll see where it takes us. That is my main aim Ė not five years down the line."

Nicky Butt, Paul Scholes and Phil Neville have been assisting Giggs in his new role this week and their input has been greatly appreciated by the Welshman.

"They're the same as me," he added. "Theyíre Manchester United fans and theyíve played for the club for a long, long time, the majority of their careers. Myself and Scholesy have been at just the one club. Itís been rustrating for all of us this season as no-one wants to see Manchester United not do well.

"I must say Iíve had great help from them. Itís a tough job and you need as much help as you can get. Iíve had that this week from them and Philís been frustrated, just like I have. Obviously, heís been on board this season but heís been brilliant this week. He took training and I canít speak highly enough of Phil because heís organised everything and taken the weight off my shoulders."

Giggs spelt out the demands he will place on the players, starting in the tea-time fixture against the relegation-threatened Canaries.

"This club is all about winning trophies and weíve not managed to do that this season," he admitted. "But weíve had seasons like that in the past and always come back. Thatís the thing about this club. We always come back and we will.

"As a Manchester United player, youíve got to set standards. Obviously, we have dropped below those standards this season, so I want to bring them back to where a Manchester United player should be.

"Not just in one game but every game and every time you pull on the red shirt. Youíve got to give everything youíve got or youíre coming off. Simple as that."

Source

Same can't wait for kick off!
    Last edited by melvin; 26th April 2014 at 10:31 PM.

Red Devils legend
    Reds legend - Rush, Suarez, Gerrard
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    Red Devils legend
    Reds legend - Rush, Suarez, Gerrard
    Yaya..we know that.
    Go post at Liverpool's thread

Manchester United vs. Norwich City

4 - 0

Rooney 41′ (penalty), 48′
    Mata 63′, 73′

Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 27th April 2014 at 02:35 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Buay pai
    No need get new manager. Just get giggsy step up
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

I watched the game, players are by and large the same, but the hunger, the will to win, the attacking style football, is what's been missing under David Moyes. We're back!
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Team fielded by Giggs was surprise the Mata started on the bench but think it works!

Manchester United: De Gea; Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic (c), Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley (Hernandez 72), Kagawa (Young 65); Welbeck (Mata 60), Rooney.

Subs not used: Lindegaard, Smalling, Nani, Fletcher.

Think is they responded to Giggs halftime dressing room talk ... i.e. step up on attacked!

Giggs impressed by response

Ryan Giggs was delighted to oversee Manchester United's 4-0 victory over Norwich on Saturday, his first as interim manager, and said walking out at Old Trafford in this new capacity made him feel "10 feet tall".

"I was nervous, but as soon as I came out of the tunnel the reception I got, the staff got and the players got was brilliant," he told MUTV. "I've got to thank the fans for that because it’s not been an easy week, but I felt ten feet tall."

Goals from Wayne Rooney and Juan Mata handed United the win, although the Reds were frustrated for the majority of the first half. Giggs says he encouraged attacking football at the break, and was full of praise for the response shown in the second period.

“We looked like scoring goals and creating chances," he told Sky Sports. "In the first half, we were a little bit slow, so I just reminded the players that the tempo needed to be quicker and they reacted well to that.

“They’re all good players and all of us have let ourselves down this year. We haven’t played to the level that we’re capable of this season, but we did that today. I said yesterday that it can’t just be for one game, it has to be for longer than that. Every time you play for Manchester United you have to stay at that level, and they have to keep to these standards against Sunderland.

Asked about the task of choosing his side ahead of the game at Old Trafford, the Reds legend explained that he found the decision difficult: “I didn’t sleep last night. Leaving the likes of Juan Mata out of the starting 11 was a difficult decision, it was a position I’d never been in before. I’m interim manager, but I’m also one of their team mates, so leaving them out was tough.

"I told them all individually before the game, a few of them were upset and rightly so. But they didn’t sulk; you saw the response of Juan. That’s a true professional, to not moan and come on to produce a performance like that for half an hour.

“I said before the game that I could have played two teams, because the response of the players has been brilliant, I trust them all. It was really difficult to choose the team, but Rio [Ferdinand] and Nemanja [Vidic] have got that experience, as well as Patrice [Evra]. I wanted experience in the team, because I knew that it would be an emotionally-charged day and that we wouldn’t have it all our own way. Norwich are fighting for their lives, I know these players and they didn’t let me down.

The victory marked United's biggest home win of the season but Giggs is not getting carried away: “I’m just thinking about these three games. It has taken so much out of me this week that I haven’t really thought about the future. My job now is to get ready for Sunderland. They’ve just told me that I’ve got this job for four games. It’s one down, and three to go, and as far as I’m concerned that’s where my concentration is. I’ll do the job to the best of my ability and then afterwards we will have to see what happens."

As for his future as a player, Giggs suggested he will soon make a return to the pitch: “I haven’t had time to train this week, I haven’t had the energy. I’m going to start training on Monday, I knew that last week would be busy but I’ll be back on the pitch and I can’t wait."

Source

You guys think Giggs need to get back in the field?

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    if Liverpool win the EPL title this season, then Man U should seriously consider hiring Brendan Rogers.
    So 2nd team tonight to let water?

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    I think this is the real put water. Liverpool vs Chelsea Kids.

Jose Mourinho told by Chelsea board he can pick kids for Liverpool showdown
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-showdown.html

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    more like 2nd team tonight so we have an excuse if we lose
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

GFYcat HTML5 Video Link (Lower Bandwidth)

Didn't want to rub salt into the wounds of Liverpool fans thereby sharing it here.

Congratulations Chelsea.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 27th April 2014 at 11:59 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Didn't want to rub salt into the wounds of Liverpool fans thereby sharing it here.

Congratulations Chelsea.
    Mourinho is a real genius and fully deserve the title of "Special One." MU should get him.

Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post

Mourinho is a real genius and fully deserve the title of "Special One." MU should get him.
    I prefer those attacking style manager

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    I prefer those attacking style manager
    Agree, he just park the bus there.

He play a boring game but guarantee you a trophy, that's a fact.... I will take him any time.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    Josť Mourinho not interested liao.

CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast