Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Utd XV: A New lifeline ...

Default Re: Man Utd XV: A New lifeline ...

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    Are you sure about that ?
    What happended to hodgson then ?
    That's actually a double combo with Kenny Dalglish following suit subsequently.

Anyway they aren't sacked, instead they "voluntarily step down".
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 24th April 2014 at 06:30 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    That's actually a double combo with Kenny Dalglish following suit subsequently.

Anyway they aren't sacked, instead they "voluntarily step down".
    Same as Moyes, Man utd stated Moyes leave not sacked

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    Are you sure about that ?
    What happended to hodgson then ?
    the team flopped but not due to rebellion in dressing room
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

His departure should not be a surprise.

Moyes is angry? Why is he angry? He may be paid 10 million to go off and this creep is complaining?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...rt%5Eheadlines
    A more responsible and considerate football manager would have automatically stepped down on his own after such a continuous string of failures.

The man has no sense of shame.

Japanese generals commit hara-kiri when they lose only 1 battle.

The MU club management is justified to be angry too.
    This is a business.
    Hundreds of millions of pounds sterling are in the balance. If he cannot produce results, then he is useless.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 24th April 2014 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    that would only work if Man U players are like Liverpool players in their mindset. LFC loyalty ethic very strong. The players would never put the manager to the sword like United did to poor David Moyes.
    We barely can make the cut when come to this ... unlike some Le Blue team got about 2 - 3 players revolutions ...

Ryan Giggs will hold first press conference as @ManUtd interim manager at 4.30pm SG time. It's also David Moyes' 51st birthday today.
    what a huge present Man Utd gave him!

Man Utd TV
    Last edited by melvin; 25th April 2014 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    It's also David Moyes' 51st birthday today. what a huge present Man Utd gave him!
    Poor Moyes! I think it was very mean to sack him just before his birthday. Should have at least let him celebrate his proud moments in MU.
    During happier times at Everton.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  48.0 KB

Giggs proud to take charge

Ryan Giggs has described taking charge of Manchester United as “the proudest moment of my life”.

Speaking to MUTV in an exclusive interview before his press conference, United’s interim manager could not hide how honoured he is to have been asked to step in until the end of the season, but also admitted he will be just as nervous ahead of the Reds’ meeting with Norwich on Saturday as if he was playing.

“It’s been a whirlwind week. From Tuesday morning when (executive vice-chairman) Ed Woodward asked me to look after the team for the remaining four games, which I had no hesitation in saying yes to, from then on yes it’s been a crazy week.

“I’ve got to say it’s the proudest moment of my life. I’ve supported Manchester United all my life, it’s been the biggest part of my life since I was 14 when I signed schoolboy forms. I’m proud, happy, a little bit nervous but just like I am as a player I can’t wait for the game on Saturday.

Ryan admitted that he immediately turned to his former mentor Sir Alex Ferguson for guidance when he was handed the temporary role.

"Obviously I played under Sir Alex for so long so he was the first person to call because I wanted advice and to know what to expect. Who better to ring? Why wouldn’t I?!"

Giggs revealed that his message for the players is a simple one:

“I’ve just said to them ‘I trust you and I know what you’re capable of and go out there and show it on Saturday and give the fans something to shout about. Entertain them, score goals, make tackles, play with speed, play with tempo.’ And that’s what they’ve done in training and they’ll take that out into the game on Saturday.”

Giggs is being assisted by former team-mates Phil Neville, Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt, and he is certain that their combined passion for the club will help the team over the closing stages of the season

“Nicky was with the Reserves so I asked him to come up and help with the first team which he was more than happy to do. Then I phoned Scholesy because I know how much the club means to these people. They feel the same way I do about the club and I know in the short space of time we have they’ll give it everything to make it a success and hopefully end what has been a frustrating season on a high.”

The club’s most decorated player is also delighted with the reaction he has seen in training after making the transition from player to coach.

“I’ve had to take a bit of stick [from the players]! Things like where are you going to park, what do we call you? And I had a ‘gaffer’ sign on my place in the dressing room! The players have been great and the reaction in training has been sharp. I’ve just tried to make things relaxed and for everyone to enjoy themselves. As I said let’s have a good end to what has been a frustrating and disappointing season.”

The full interview with Ryan Giggs in 'The Manager's Press Conference' is on MUTV at various times. For subscription details, see manutd.com/joinmutv.

Source

Class of 92 is back!
    Hopefully Giggs and the team will be able to bring back the team/fighting spirit and fire of class 92.
    Last edited by melvin; 25th April 2014 at 08:19 PM.

Looks like the MU footballers ganged up. They hated him for some reason. Bad chemistry.

From bleacher report

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ed-club-chiefs

Custis also suggests that Moyes told his players, "You are trying to get me the sack," after United's embarrassing penalty defeat to Sunderland ended their chances of capturing the Capital One Cup.

In the aftermath of United's 2-0 Champions League loss to Olympiacos, Moyes supposedly said, "I know what you lot are trying to do."

Ryan ponders first United team

Ryan Giggs has plenty of options to choose from ahead of his first match as Manchester United’s interim manager on Saturday.

The 40-year-old, who took the role on Tuesday following the departure of David Moyes, confirmed on Friday that only Rafael and Robin van Persie are unavailable to face Norwich at Old Trafford, a match that Giggs has been “looking forward to all week”.

While speaking exclusively to MUTV ahead of his first-ever press conference, Giggs explained the message that he has relayed to his players: “I’ve just said to them ‘I trust you and I know what you’re capable of and go out there and show it on Saturday and give the fans something to shout about.

“Entertain them, score goals, make tackles, play with speed, play with tempo.’ And that’s what they’ve done in training and they’ll take that out into the game on Saturday.”

Expanding on his own excitement, Giggs said: “I can’t wait for 5.30 on Saturday and walking out at Old Trafford. I know the place will be rocking and the fans will get behind us. It’s a moment that all week I’ve been looking forward to. The team have looked great all week, they’ve looked sharp. Like I say I can’t wait for 5.30 and the game starting just as if I was a player. You prepare yourself as best you can waiting for that moment.”

The full interview with Ryan Giggs in 'The Manager's Press Conference' is on MUTV at various times. For subscription details, see manutd.com/joinmutv.

Source

Looking at the players spirit Giggs should have a real selection problem!

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Looks like the MU footballers ganged up. They hated him for some reason. Bad chemistry.

From bleacher report

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ed-club-chiefs
    Thats why when i read some headline out there that he thanked everyone except the players....

Its a mutiny even Rooney is in it??? When you lost faith and trust in your manager, whatever he says and does is always negative....There goes another majority wins. Question is should the players show their grievances by losing games, for that I totally disagree with the players. if indeed its true they ganged up to boot DM out. At the expense of loyal paying fans expecting players to give their all in each every game no matter how bad the manager and situation is. I sincerely hope this conspiracy theory is totally not true and DM is the not the reason for the overall very poor performances this season. Players have to bear the responsibilities too. If it is, the consequences are gravely embodied in MU spirits built up through the years of sportsmanship, trust, truthfulness and commitment. It has never ever happened before under SAF reign. If we beat Norwich tomorrow by 5-0 at home, then what does this signify? Its for you to decide then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Chan View Post
    Question is should the players show their grievances by losing games, for that I totally disagree with the players. if indeed its true they ganged up to boot DM out. At the expense of loyal paying fans expecting players to give their all in each every game no matter how bad the manager and situation is.

If it is, the consequences are gravely embodied in MU spirits built up through the years of sportsmanship, trust, truthfulness and commitment. It has never ever happened before under SAF reign.
    Agree, players should not have done that and let the fans down just to screw Moyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Chan View Post
    Its a mutiny even Rooney is in it??? When you lost faith and trust in your manager, whatever he says and does is always negative....There goes another majority wins. Question is should the players show their grievances by losing games, for that I totally disagree with the players. if indeed its true they ganged up to boot DM out. At the expense of loyal paying fans expecting players to give their all in each every game no matter how bad the manager and situation is. I sincerely hope this conspiracy theory is totally not true and DM is the not the reason for the overall very poor performances this season. Players have to bear the responsibilities too. If it is, the consequences are gravely embodied in MU spirits built up through the years of sportsmanship, trust, truthfulness and commitment. It has never ever happened before under SAF reign. If we beat Norwich tomorrow by 5-0 at home, then what does this signify? Its for you to decide then.
    There is no perfect answer for this...but in investment term...it's better to cut lost than holding on to a loosing counter...with DM around...due to his lack of tactic and always pumping long ball strategy....the chance of winning something is slimmer than slim shaddy....and our beloved MU will be a mid table hero like Everton....could only aim for no.6 hoping for a Europa cup spot,,,and for sure this will be for long time...at least 5 years according to his contract.......so by playing really really badly...in some team....it only need a few month just like Andre Villa Boas.....thing can change quickly......wasting one year is still better than loosing 5 years IMO

Kagawa on bench is the worst thing ever. Sell him away to Liverpool if United doesn't want him
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

And Fellaini should be returned to sender...
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    Kagawa on bench is the worst thing ever. Sell him away to Liverpool if United doesn't want him
    They could have Fellaini for FOC...

Counting down
    MAN UTD V NORWICH
    27 April, 2014 12:30:00 am

Just realise our last 3 games is home game!

Sir Alex Ferguson 'upset' at how Man United sacked David Moyes
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ked-Moyes.html

I think MU owe Moyes a formal apology over the inept sacking.

If Ryan Giggs wins next 4 games in a row, does MU mgt want to keep him as permanent mgr?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast