Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71215161718 LastLast

Thread: Man Utd XV: A New lifeline ...

Nice to have the winning feeling back!! Been a long long time!
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Facing Liverpool for the cup, this is going to be interesting!
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Default Re: Man Utd XV: A New lifeline ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Nice to have the winning feeling back!! Been a long long time!
    Yes been long overdue ... 4 straight wins with the 5th coming lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Facing Liverpool for the cup, this is going to be interesting!
    Yeah ... 1st english team snice LVG took over ... think liverpool will be surprise to see a totally different team from last season...

Happy with the progress so far. I hope LVG have the skill to continually deflate the egos of the boys to prevent complacency.

Quote Originally Posted by greenieadi View Post
    Happy with the progress so far. I hope LVG have the skill to continually deflate the egos of the boys to prevent complacency.
    hair dryer treatment?

Van Persie back in training and eyeing new season

Robin van Persie has returned to training with Manchester United at the Aon Training Complex as he begins his preparations for the new Barclays Premier League campaign.
    Following his exploits with the Netherlands at the World Cup in Brazil, in which he helped Louis van Gaal’s Dutch side achieve third place, the 30-year-old striker took time off to rest and recuperate ahead of the 2014/15 campaign. But now he is back in Manchester and ready to step up his fitness.

Robin tweeted on Monday: “Back in training today after a short break. Looking forward to the new season so much! Hope you [are] all feeling the same.”

Van Gaal has sent assistant coach Marcel Bout back to England from Tour 2014, presented by Aon, in the United States. Bout is working with Nicky Butt to train the remaining players not in the US party. Among them are Marouane Fellaini and Adnan Januzaj.

However, all three players are at this stage unlikely to play in the friendly against Valencia at Old Trafford on 12 August, but could be available for the opening game of the campaign against Swansea City four days later, though the United manager admits that it is “dependent on the individual because every individual is different”.

Before United’s International Champions Cup final against Liverpool in Miami, van Gaal wouldn’t place any date on van Persie’s return to action, saying: "I have to see how Robin comes back. If you have had three weeks’ holiday, you are not fit enough. The first Premier League match is possible but I don't think so."

RVP Back in training

Seems like even RVP also no a confirm auto place in LVG 1st eleven?
    Last edited by melvin; 4th August 2014 at 09:38 PM.

Van Gaal: Almost time to judge

Judgement time is coming for Manchester United's squad - both the players in America and those at home in England - as Louis van Gaal counts down the days to his first league match in charge.

His assessment of the personnel for the Swansea City match and beyond will be formed after the Reds complete Tour 2014, presented by Aon, with Monday night's meeting with Liverpool in Miami.

"I shall make judgements after this tour because I have let all the players play and I know more than I did before the tour," said van Gaal at a pre-match press conference.

"It's a little bit soon to judge but in football you have to judge. You always have to give a chance to the player to make a transfer [to leave] when you see that his chances of playing are not high. You have to say it in advance because 31 August is too late. I shall say to the players what I think after this tour but not to you [the media]."

Once the International Champions Cup final against Liverpool is over, van Gaal and his squad will fly home to Manchester and be reunited with tour absentees including Adnan Januzaj and Marouane Fellaini. The Belgian pair did not travel to the US after ending their World Cup campaign as late as 5 July at the quarter-final stage.

"They [Fellaini, Januzaj] have already trained," confirmed van Gaal. "I sent Marcel Bout back to train them with Nicky Butt in a special group. So they could reach the first [league] match, not the friendly against Valencia, but that is dependent on the individual because every individual is different.

"You have seen that on this tour. For example, Young has already played 90 minutes and Fletcher has played two 90-minute matches but the others haven't. So there is a difference between players and I have to look at them and see if they can do it or not.

"Tomorrow a lot of players will probably play 90 minutes because it’s the last time we can do that [before the Valencia match] and we have to build up. I have already explained that I cannot do that in training sessions so I have to do it in the matches. So tomorrow, for example, Young will play 90 minutes if he can do the job; if he can't do the job, maybe 10 or 20 minutes less."

The Valencia match at Old Trafford on Tuesday 12 August will also come too soon for Robin van Persie, who progressed further than any other United player at the World Cup, going all the way to the semi-finals on 9 July with van Gaal's Netherlands team.

"I have to see how Robin comes back," said the United manager. "Normally if you are training for only four days before the Valencia match, you are not fit enough. If you have had three weeks’ holiday, you are not fit enough. The first Premier League match is possible but I don't think so."

Judgement day

After disappointing first 30mins and conceded a 17th min penalty to SG (btw thought he retire liao?) but 2 quick goals in second half with Captain Rooney in the 55min and Mata on the 57min and Rooney 65min goal disallowed!
    Last edited by melvin; 5th August 2014 at 09:41 AM.

88th min Fabulous finish from Lingard, who drilled home the ball from 18 yards after Kagawa's mis-control.
    Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool...

now 2mins into stoppage time!

FT: United 3 Liverpool 1. We are ICC champions after goals from Wayne Rooney, Juan Mata and Jesse Lingard.

1st silverware of the Season by Louis van Gaal having won his first five games as boss. The opponents: LA Galaxy, AS Roma, Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Liverpool.
    Last edited by melvin; 5th August 2014 at 10:10 AM.

Well done! Hopefully not the last one..

Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    Well done! Hopefully not the last one..
    Well we are just getting started ... lets see ...

Well done

Defense still sleeping at times...losing tackles and ball.

Congratulations to MU for a job well executed. Plenty more goals we definitely will score when season starts, that's for sure. However, a winning team often comes with a very solid defence. We are not there yet defensively, but given time and the determination of the back 4 and good goal keeping, we will strive and win the Premiere Title back this coming season. Salute to Van Gaal and team of coaches.

Buay tahan people kept saying we won against B Team.

A Team at Barcelona already lah.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Watched the game against Pool again.
    Man u's defence was not very cohesive but im impressed with Tyler Blackett. Very cool collected youngster. Big future.

Herrera was losing balls quite often. Looks like he's burnt out. Quite worrying only after 5 matches.

not bad.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Chan View Post
    Congratulations to MU for a job well executed. Plenty more goals we definitely will score when season starts, that's for sure. However, a winning team often comes with a very solid defence. We are not there yet defensively, but given time and the determination of the back 4 and good goal keeping, we will strive and win the Premiere Title back this coming season. Salute to Van Gaal and team of coaches.
    Do agree we need good and strong back line especially if we are going to use 3-4-1-2 system but then its seems hard to get world class defenders in even we got the money to spent ... but hopefully can see some more coming in before transfer dateline ...

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71215161718 LastLast