Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718 LastLast

Thread: Man Utd XV: A New lifeline ...

Default Re: Man Utd XV: A New lifeline ...

Rafael returns to Manchester

Rafael has returned to Manchester to continue treatment on the groin injury sustained in training in Denver.
    As he was unlikely to participate in the remaining tour games, returning to the Aon Training Complex affords the best overall option for his recovery in time to continue preseason preparation when the team returns.

Rafeal returns to OT

Quote Originally Posted by christeo View Post
    The defence and midfield aren't gelling, as expected, even with the 352 system. Because Cleverly is not a leader and does not command the midfield. Herrera and Mata are good sprayers and skilful ballers but don't have that fear factor yet. Smalling, evans and jones are part-timers, trust me.Rafael is a loose canon and nani is the canon. Valencia is a hit or miss , so is Chicharito.
    VG needs to solve that missing link and get that guy(or 2) that commands the pace and direction of play. Right now, any good team will break down the midfield and destroy that weak defence with a bit of pace and turn. They will struggle in the EPL, mark my words, with this team. All it takes is a string of consecutive losses and the morale will crumble, like last season. Bite the bullet and spend the money now.

In the mould of Scholes or Keane or Robson, hopefully.

Agreed all along we got problem getting quality DM n Defenders since these days Irwin and gang left...

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Rafael returns to Manchester

Rafael has returned to Manchester to continue treatment on the groin injury sustained in training in Denver.
    As he was unlikely to participate in the remaining tour games, returning to the Aon Training Complex affords the best overall option for his recovery in time to continue preseason preparation when the team returns.

Rafeal returns to OT
    Why he always get injured har ?

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    chow keng?
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Haiss... Either made of Jelly or Tofu?

Haiss... Either made of Jelly or Tofu?
    Dunno lo..always get injured on pre season or 1st match..wth

Dunno lo..always get injured on pre season or 1st match..wth
    ya... now you remind me ... seems to be always the case hmm...

LVG will be sticking to 3-5-2 till at least end of pre-season tour.

Louis van Gaal will stick with 3-5-2 system

Louis van Gaal will continue with his new system for the rest of pre-season to give his Manchester United players as much time as possible to adapt before the new campaign begins.
    Van Gaal has deployed a 3-5-2 formation in both games on tour so far, against LA Galaxy and Roma, albeit with almost completely different personnel in each of the four halves.

The manager has pointed out that he has other options but wants to stick with his preferred shape against Inter Milan on Tuesday and Real Madrid on Saturday.

"It’s difficult to change the systems and I had to start this system at once because we don’t have time to change it," van Gaal told media at a press conference in Washington DC.

"We only have three weeks before the season starts, so I have to use all my training sessions to implement this system.

"They know already the other system [4-4-2 or 4-3-3]; they have played that from their youth, so that’s easy. You saw that in the [Netherlands’] game against Mexico – I’m sorry to say that when we were 1-0 down I changed the system to 4-3-3 and then we beat them!"

Van Gaal confirmed Wilfried Zaha, who hasn’t yet seen any action in the States, will play up front in the second half of the International Champions Cup game against Inter.

"When we play this system, he has to play as a striker, otherwise he cannot play," said the boss. "Young is another winger but he can play as wing-back. We shall see."

Left wing-back Luke Shaw trained away from the main group in Monday evening’s open session and van Gaal was asked why.

"Luke Shaw is okay," he confirmed. "I am a coach who looks at what individual players need and I think he needs to be fit, but he is not very fit.

"Therefore he cannot perform what I want, so first he has to be fit and has to train individually.

"I have spoken with him and we have made the programme. He agreed with me. I don’t know [when he will be fit], but I have heard good messages from [fitness coach Tony] Strudwick."

The boss was also asked about Javier Hernandez, who joined up with the squad in Los Angeles and played the final 20 minutes of the 3-2 win over Roma in Denver.

"He came later than the other players because the Dutch national team beat Mexico in the last 16!" joked van Gaal. "That's why he has to train. I believe he is fit.

"When he plays, he will play in the striker's position and there is great competition there with Rooney, Welbeck, van Persie, Keane, Zaha – a lot of players."

Sticking to 3-5-2

ok brought back to earth with a 0-0 draw against Inter. who parked bus with lots of divers... shoot out now...

and Young converted first spot kick!

follow by Chicharito, Cleverley, Kagawa, Fletcher. all converted wining 5-3 on penalties.
    Last edited by melvin; 30th July 2014 at 09:34 AM.

ok brought back to earth with a 0-0 draw against Inter. who parked bus with lots of divers... shoot out now...
    Where you watch live sia ? MUTV ?

Maybe subscribed to the live feed on ManUtd's website.

Live feed Via account of ManUtd and TheRedsUnited in twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post

Maybe subscribed to the live feed on ManUtd's website.
    I try to subscribed the mutv but only avaialble at UK area, too bad

Van Gaal hails "best match so far"

Louis van Gaal felt Manchester United’s performance in beating Inter Milan on Tuesday was the best of his three games in charge so far.

The Reds overcame the Italian outfit 5-3 on penalties after a goalless 90 minutes in Washington DC, to stay top of the International Champions Cup group with five points.
    Van Gaal made eight changes at the break but both his sides were dominant in defence, with goalkeepers Anders Lindegaard and David De Gea virtual spectators.

"I am very pleased," the manager said. "I think we played by far the best match of our sequence of three.

"They only had one shot on our goal and that was given by the referee [a free-kick], but I think we also created six or seven chances, so then it is seven against one.

"I was very pleased with our ball possession; it was much better than the other matches. And I think also the positions were better covered.

"So tonight I was very pleased with the performance of my players, both in the first half and the second half."

United were successful with all five spot-kicks in front of 61,000 fans in the US capital and van Gaal admitted the squad had been working on them in training.

"We practised penalties yesterday and also the sequence," he said. "That is why De Gea was our goalkeeper in the second half, because he is the best of the four at penalties.

"Fletcher hit the post in training so it's also a little bit of luck, but we deserved the victory."

United’s defence – containing a variety of players – have now kept two clean sheets in three games so far on Tour 2014, presented by Aon.

Van Gaal continued: "The first match was zero goals, the second match was a fantastic goal by Pjanic, an error from the goalkeeper and a penalty given by the referee, and today again zero goals.

"So we are doing well but we are looking for defenders, because a lot of defenders have gone. We have to replace them but I also like Michael Keane and Tyler Blackett."

Shinji Kagawa played in the playmaker role in the second half after replacing Juan Mata, having also been used as a holding midfielder in the previous two games.

"I know him from Borussia Dortmund and he played in the no.10 position," van Gaal added. "I wanted to try him in the no.6 or no.8 position in our system in the first two matches, and then I also gave him a chance at no.10 because he wanted to play in that position. He did it much better than in the two matches before."

Of second-half substitutes Luke Shaw and Wilfried Zaha, the boss said: "Luke is working very hard and he was lucky because normally I would have played our friend Reece James, but he was a little bit injured.

"And so I asked him in spite of a very heavy training session this morning and I think he did very well.

"I was pleased with Wilfried's performance but we have to wait and see. He has a lot of competition with the other strikers."

Van Gaal hails manchester united

Saw abit of the game ...

and with just 2/3 weeks Van Gaal really makes the difference transforming the present team to playing attractive and lively compare to last season hopefully with more better transfer esp in defence we should be able to shape up and challenge for titles and back to CL next season.

Better seasons ahead hopefully a new legacy in the building.

Results so Far:

United in pole position

Manchester United are in pole position to reach the International Champions Cup final in Miami on 4 August, following victory over Internazionale in Washington DC.
    The Reds won on penalties to add two points to the three Louis van Gaal's men picked up in Denver with a 3-2 win over AS Roma.

Roma and Inter both have three points after two games, while Real Madrid's defeat to Roma on Tuesday ended their hopes of qualifying for the final.

Meanwhile, in Group B, Manchester City, Liverpool and Olympiacos are all on three points, with AC Milan yet to get off the mark.

All teams in the ICC play three fixtures before the winners of each group meet in the final at Miami's SunLife Stadium on Monday 4 August.

United's final group game is on Saturday 2 August, against Real Madrid in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Points are awarded in the ICC competition based on the following criteria: 3 points for a win, 2 for a win via a penalty shootout, 1 for a penalty shootout defeat, 0 for a defeat in normal time.

Results: Olympiacos 3 AC Milan 0; United 3 Roma 2; Real Madrid 1 Inter 1 (Inter 3-2 pens); AC Milan 1 Man City 5; Liverpool 1 Olympiacos 0; United 0 v Inter 0 (United 5-3 pens), Real Madrid 0 Roma 1;

Fixtures: (30 Jul) Liverpool v Man City; (2 Aug) United v Real Madrid, Inter v Roma, AC Milan v Liverpool, Olympiacos v Man City

International Champions Cup: The Groups

GROUP A
    Manchester United 5pts
    AS Roma 3pts
    Inter Milan 3pts
    Real Madrid 1pt

GROUP B
    Manchester City 3pts
    Liverpool 3pts
    Olympiacos 3pts
    AC Milan 0pts

Manchester United and Manchester City could meet in icc final.

If we win the Cup, its a confidence booster for clubs' owners, managers, coaches and supporters. However, IMO, don't read too much about results of such pre-season tuned up tournaments, they are for club's preparations and testing out strategies and players' positions purposes. The real deal comes when the first game of the season starts, that's the way where no mistakes can be tolerated and all systems go and win games and league points. We will top the Premier League and return to Champions League proper the following season, I have full confidence in MU manager and players. Salute and Support them all the way.

A 3-1 win over Real Madrid ... up next Liverpool ...

United 3 Real Madrid 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Chan View Post
    If we win the Cup, its a confidence booster for clubs' owners, managers, coaches and supporters. However, IMO, don't read too much about results of such pre-season tuned up tournaments, they are for club's preparations and testing out strategies and players' positions purposes. The real deal comes when the first game of the season starts, that's the way where no mistakes can be tolerated and all systems go and win games and league points. We will top the Premier League and return to Champions League proper the following season, I have full confidence in MU manager and players. Salute and Support them all the way.
    Think pre-season win are more of a psychological ... and with all the testing and trails we are able to win thats even better so it also helps to buildup for the team into the first game of the season.

Yes support all the way!