Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 491213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Utd XV: A New lifeline ...

Default Re: Man Utd XV: A New lifeline ...

Manchester United announces Nissin sponsorship

• Legendary Japanese food brand to be club’s newest global partner
    • Launching ‘HUNGRY TO WIN’ sports initiative
    (NYSE:MANU) Manchester United Football Club has today announced a multi-season sponsorship agreement with international food brand Nissin to become a global partner of Manchester United.

With its founder’s philosophy, “food and sports are the wheels to drive health” Nissin is committed to improving the health of the world by driving increased participation in sports, and providing the food to fuel an active lifestyle.

Founded in Osaka, Japan in 1948, Nissin is famous for its instant noodles which were invented by its founder, Momofuku Ando, who developed the convenience food as an answer to food rationing after World War II. As an industry leading food brand, its products are enjoyed by millions and available in over 80 countries around the world with Cup Noodles being it’s most recognisable product.

As the biggest football club in the world, Manchester United is the perfect platform to help Nissin build on this association between food and sports and generating awareness on a global scale. In the first year of the partnership the legendary Japanese food brand will produce Nissin and Manchester United branded food products for sale across the globe and will unveil a unique campaign linking the club with its products.

Nissin branding will also be visible on stadium perimeter boards at all domestic games at Old Trafford, as well as official club publications, MUTV and the club’s official website.

Manchester United’s group managing director, Richard Arnold, said: “We are delighted to welcome Nissin into our family of global partners. The worldwide demand for its instant noodles is over 105 billion servings per year and Nissin has a long tradition of innovation, challenging the industry with their products and setting a standard that has been emulated the world-over.

“Nissin also has a proven record of supporting leading sports organisations, making them a fitting global partner for Manchester United. We look forward to working together.”

Koki Ando, CEO of Nissin Foods Holdings Co. Ltd, said: “Nissin will start a new project in collaboration with athletes and sports teams. Our slogan for this project is ‘HUNGRY TO WIN’. We strongly believe we can ‘ignite a spirit of challenge across the world’ by our partnership with Manchester United who is the best in the world in name and in reality.”

Nissin sponsorship

This season seems to be like a windfall for Untied.

8 more days to our first game at the US Tour
    24 Jul LA Galaxy
    26 Jul AS Roma
    30 Jul Inter Milan
    02 Aug Real Madrid

Follow by REUNITED 14
    12 Aug Valencia CF

instant champions team. just add money.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Van Gaal arrives at United

Louis van Gaal has arrived at the Aon Training Complex to begin work as Manchester United manager.
    The Dutchman, fresh from taking his native Netherlands to third place at the World Cup finals in Brazil, is meeting with the squad ahead of embarking on Tour 2014 promoted by Aon later this week.

Our historic first picture from his opening day in charge of the Reds, flanked by assistant manager Ryan Giggs and executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward, marks a new beginning for the club as van Gaal prepares to put his players through their paces over the course of the pre-season campaign.

The new boss will be officially unveiled at a press conference on Thursday at 15:00 BST at Old Trafford, which will be screened live by MUTV HD.

Louis Van Gaal arrives at manchester united

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    only city and chelsea able to be instant champion ...

Which team are you refers to ?

The Boss first Press con

Van Gaal relishes Reds challenge

Louis van Gaal says he is taking charge of the biggest club in the world - but says his immediate challenge is to reinstate Manchester United to the top of the tree in England.
    The Dutchman was in entertaining form during his first press conference as United manager at Old Trafford and brushed off the notion of needing a holiday, having taken the Reds reins just days after leading the Netherlands to third place at the World Cup in Brazil.

“When there is a challenge like this, I never let it go,” he told reporters. “This is a holiday for me. I like the way I can work.

“I will do my utmost best. That's what I can give. I cannot give predictions [about how well we will do] because you never know. It's the biggest club of the world. Within two days I know already how important Manchester United is. I have to work, I have to prepare a team, I have to adapt to this big club. It shall not be easy but I will do my utmost best and when you see my career you can see what I have won. That's all I can say. The future shall show if I can do that again.”

Van Gaal is already impressed with the worldwide renown of his new club. “It's the biggest club because of how well it's known around the world. In sport you are never the biggest club because every season you have to be prove [yourself]. Last year you were seventh so then you are not the biggest club. But it's well known all over the world. When I was in China or Brazil people are talking about United when I was the coach of the Dutch team. That's the difference.

“There's a lot of expectation but it's also a great challenge because of that. Therefore I have chosen this club. I worked for Barcelona - in my opinion, number one in Spain. I've coached Ajax - number one in the Netherlands – and I've coached Bayern - number one in Germany. Now I'm in Manchester United - number one in England. I hope I fulfill the expectation but it shall be difficult.”

louis van gala press con

Woodward working hard on transfers

Manchester United’s executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has told fans to “watch this space” as he works with manager Louis van Gaal on making more summer signings.
    Ander Herrera and Luke Shaw have already joined the Reds and Woodward revealed funds are available for the club to bring in more new faces.

But he also admits some players could be on their way out of Old Trafford as van Gaal moulds his new squad over the coming weeks.

"We’ve been working with Louis over several weeks with regards to targets and we’re continuing to move forward on some of those targets," Woodward told MUTV's Stewart Gardner in Los Angeles.

"We are still a huge attraction to top football stars around the world – there is no doubt about that. I hope [fans] will see the direction we’re heading in with the new manager, coaching staff and players, and a commitment to do what it takes to get back to the top.

"We are willing to invest. There is no fixed budget. Financially we are extremely strong and funds are available. Louis is assessing what’s going on and there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes, so watch this space."

Asked if other players could be leaving United, Woodward added: "Yes, I think so. The manager makes that decision. A few players have already gone and there may well be a few others.

"It’s also worth commenting that we’re not in Europe this year, so there are fewer games and Louis may take the view that he wants a tighter squad to bed in.

"If you do the analysis over the last year, Liverpool performed extremely well with a smaller number of players, but that’s a decision for the manager."

While reluctant to set a target for the 2014/15 campaign, Woodward is determined United will return to Europe and challenge for trophies again sooner rather than later.

"We’re a club that absolutely should be in the Champions League," he said. "That’s what our fans want, that’s what our players want and that’s what every member of staff wants.

"We have to strive to win. We’re not here to be an also-ran; we’re here to win trophies to add to that huge, incredible list that we’ve won over many years."

Transfers

Still no news hope for some good news soon.
    Last edited by melvin; 21st July 2014 at 09:24 PM.

anyone knows who will be our captain of the first team under van gaal?should it be rooney, any objections and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Chan View Post
    anyone knows who will be our captain of the first team under van gaal?should it be rooney, any objections and why?
    Rooney shld be happy if van gaal let him stay in club. Don't even dream of captain

No Captain for Rooney...
    You all know why

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    Which team are you refers to ?
    windfall for Man U... right ?

Anyway I also agree that Rooney is not fit to wear the arm band. You ever seen a captain who keep wanting to run away? It would be RVP if I am not wrong, after all, RVP is already a player known to LVG for his qualities.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Chan View Post
    With most of the seniors leaving naturally i say naturally should be rooney but he just some lack the qualities of a leader so i feel ... the next in line will be RVP not in terms of seniority but in terms of performance and the way he captained lead the holland side in the world cup ...

As for the pre-seasons i will feel that Van Gaal will be trying out a few which likely may become RVP's deputy... so lets see who he will chose tomorrow.

windfall for Man U... right ?

Anyway I also agree that Rooney is not fit to wear the arm band. You ever seen a captain who keep wanting to run away? It would be RVP if I am not wrong, after all, RVP is already a player known to LVG for his qualities.

A windfall is considered only after we signed some quality players ...

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post

With most of the seniors leaving naturally i say naturally should be rooney but he just some lack the qualities of a leader so i feel ... the next in line will be RVP not in terms of seniority but in terms of performance and the way he captained lead the holland side in the world cup ...

As for the pre-seasons i will feel that Van Gaal will be trying out a few which likely may become RVP's deputy... so lets see who he will chose tomorrow.
    Chose De Gea as captain !!!

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    Chose De Gea as captain !!!
    De Gea also ok but can be more demanding n commanding in the box to lead the defence ...

Evra thanks Manchester United fans

Having agreed a deal to join Juventus from Manchester United and calling time on an illustrious nine-season career at Old Trafford, Patrice Evra released this statement to Reds supporters around the world...

"After a great deal of thought I have decided the time is right for me to leave Manchester United. It is the biggest decision of my career as this club is, and will always remain, in my heart.
    Joining and playing for Manchester United has been a privilege, a dream come true and my time here has been so memorable. Through the good times and the bad times we have all stuck together and remained loyal. I have always said you don’t just join Manchester United, you join the family and long may that tradition continue.

"This club is steeped in history and I feel privileged to have become a part of that. Over the past nine years I have met and worked with some incredible people, many of whom will remain friends for life. I would like to thank everyone at the club - teammates, coaches and in particular all the staff who made every single day in Carrington or at Old Trafford a special day.

"An immense thank you to Sir Alex Ferguson for making it all possible, for giving me the privilege to be a captain, to be inspired by the legend of Manchester United and to understand that nobody is bigger than the club.

"My biggest thanks go to the fans. We have had some fantastic times together, we lifted all of those trophies together and that night in Moscow will live with us all forever. Every single time I stepped out in that shirt I knew I was playing for the badge and for a very special club. My passion for this club will live on and I know you guys will go on to enjoy more success in the coming seasons."

Patrice Evra joins Juventus

Good bye and good luck at juve
    Last edited by melvin; 22nd July 2014 at 09:12 PM.

United first press con in LA.

Early preparations please van Gaal

Louis van Gaal has been delighted with the players’ response to his methods in the training sessions he has presided over as Manchester United manager so far.

The new Reds boss says his squad have been committed and eager to impress in pre-season preparations so far on tour in the USA.
    Speaking at a press conference at Los Angeles' Rose Bowl, ahead of Wednesday’s friendly against LA Galaxy, van Gaal said: "I have to say that it has been fantastic.

"Maybe you think every coach who is new should say that but I mean it. They are anxious to follow the instructions of my assistants. The focus I have seen in the training sessions is top-level, but we have to see if the performance is top-level.

"But I am very happy with the labour of my players in the days I have been with them."

Nevertheless, van Gaal admits his team, who are only three days into the tour, are not near their fitness peak and he therefore expects a tough challenge on Wednesday against a Galaxy side in the middle of their league campaign.

"We have analysed Galaxy and I expect a very organised and tactical team that are aggressive in attack and want to press," he said.

"They are already in the rhythm of the season and we started three days ago. We are not well prepared or fit yet, but I hope we can give a good performance."

Van Gaal pleased with early training sessions
    Last edited by melvin; 23rd July 2014 at 11:44 AM.

Looks like a good start, a 7-0 win.

The Real test will come...
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

play 3-5-2... seems to be Van Gaal favourite formation.

LA Galaxy 0 United 7

Manchester United kicked off the new era under Louis van Gaal with a 7-0 hammering of LA Galaxy at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena to claim victory in the Chevrolet Cup.

The Reds were deserved winners on the night thanks to braces from Wayne Rooney, youngster Reece James and Ashley Young and a fine opening strike from Danny Welbeck.

Van Gaal picked a strong starting XI for his first match in charge, the opening game of Tour 2014 presented by Aon, and opted for a tried and tested formula from his time with the Netherlands of three centre-backs with Chris Smalling, Jonny Evans and Phil Jones. Antonio Valencia and debutant Luke Shaw played the roles of wing-backs. Captain for the night Darren Fletcher sat in midfield alongside debutant Ander Herrera and a slightly advanced Juan Mata, with Rooney and Welbeck ahead of them up front to complete a 3-5-2 formation.

The Reds came flying out of the blocks with Herrera and Welbeck both testing goalkeeper Jaime Penedo inside eight minutes. Herrera saw his dipping shot well tipped over, before Penedo saved smartly from Welbeck.

At the other end, David De Gea thwarted Gyasi Zardes, before the Reds made the breakthrough on 13 minutes. Mata made his way forward but was up-ended. The referee waved play on allowing Welbeck to latch on to the ball and he fired an excellent 25-yard strike in off the post.

The Reds doubled the advantage on 42 minutes when AJ Delagarza was rightly punished for a deliberate handball which stopped Valencia’s right-wing cross and Rooney converted with aplomb from the spot.

The victory was all but sealed in first-half injury-time when Herrera found Welbeck on the right. His low centre was completely missed by Tommy Meyer allowing Rooney free licence to bundle the ball home from close range.

Wholesale changes followed at the break with nine substitutions for the Reds and four for the Galaxy. One of United’s changes included James, who made his mark on 62 minutes. Young, another second-half addition, received the ball down the right and his pin-point cross picked out James to slide home a lovely left-foot finish into the corner.

Even with Robbie Keane and Landon Donovan in their ranks, Galaxy, currently in the middle of the MLS season, offered little in attack allowing the Reds to stay in cruise control for the majority of the second period.

The impressive Herrera had a chance to mark his first-team bow with a goal but his header from a Rafael cross was straight at Penedo. Shinji Kagawa flashed a curling effort just wide as we entered the final 10 minutes, before James made it five on 84 minutes with a superb finish. In the build-up Herrera had slotted a fine pass through to Young whose shot was saved by Penedo, but the ball dropped to James who coolly floated the ball into the empty net.

Young netted twice in quick succession in the final stages with two excellent finishes to complete a great night's work for van Gaal and his men and the display and result offers plenty of positives. Next stop for United now is Denver where AS Roma lie in wait.

Manchester United
    De Gea (Lindegaard 46); Jones (Rafael 46), Evans (Blackett 46), Smalling (M.Keane 46); Valencia (Nani 46), Fletcher (c), Herrera, Mata (Cleverley 46), Shaw (James 46); Rooney (Young 46), Welbeck (Kagawa 46).

Subs not used: Amos, Johnstone, Zaha, Lingard, W.Keane.

Van Gaal first win
    Last edited by melvin; 24th July 2014 at 09:01 PM.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 491213141516 ... LastLast