Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Utd XV: A New lifeline ...

Default Re: Man Utd XV: A New lifeline ...

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    First look i thought we have become medics...

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    LVG looking gd......should give MU a big boost next season
    You guys still potential winner la ... this season no need any new signings?

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post

First look i thought we have become medics...
    Hahaha... Gold Cross
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Hahaha... Gold Cross
    Lucky is not red lor ...

Van Gaal debut at OT will be for 'ReUnited 14'

Reds to face Valencia at Old Trafford

• Louis van Gaal to make Old Trafford bow against Valencia CF on Tuesday 12 August
    Manchester United has today announced the launch of ‘REUNITED 14’ – a pre-season event that will take place at Old Trafford on Tuesday 12 August. The event will celebrate a number of key milestones at United as the 2014/15 season approaches.

On the pitch, Manchester United will take on Valencia CF for new manager Louis van Gaal’s first match in charge at Old Trafford and Ryan Giggs in the dugouts for the first time as assistant manager.

The match is also likely to see new signings Ander Herrera and Luke Shaw play in front of the Old Trafford crowd for the first time.

In addition to the match, there will be family-friendly entertainment around the ground for United fans of all ages. Further details will be announced by the club in the coming weeks.

This event will be exclusively live on MUTV for viewers in the UK and Ireland. This will be the first time that MUTV will broadcast a match from Old Trafford in HD – a significant development in the club’s media offering to fans.

Manchester United group managing director, Richard Arnold, said: “This event marks the start of the next chapter at Old Trafford. With a new manager and new players making their first appearances in front of a home crowd, REUNITED 14 is the perfect opportunity for fans to be part of these special moments in the club’s history.

“With so many milestones to celebrate and an exciting season ahead of us, REUNITED 14 is a must for all fans.”

Tickets are priced from just £10 for U16s (other concessions from £15) and £20 - £40 for adults; 2014/15 season-ticket holders receive a £5 discount. Tickets can be purchased by visiting www.manutd.com/reunited14 or calling 0161 868 8000.

Reunited 14

Giggs impressed by van Gaal

Ryan Giggs has revealed the details of his first meeting with new Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal, explaining how the Dutchman convinced him to become his assistant at Old Trafford.
    During a press conference to launch REUNITED14, a pre-season friendly that will see the Reds face Valencia at Old Trafford on 12 August, the club legend was quizzed on van Gaal and the subjects that were discussed when the pair met in May.

"When we met at the end of last season we went through the players who are here and some of the players he liked that will maybe come in. Two have already come in," said Giggs. "It's always hard during the World Cup because a lot of the players you're looking at could still be part of the World Cup, or they’ve just gone out and are now going on holiday for a rest. I'm not sure how many players will come in - we'll have to wait and see.

"I flew out and spent a couple of hours with him. We went through players who were at the club - ones who may be going, ones who may be coming in. I was there to find out how he works, what he likes and give him an insight into anything he might not know about Manchester United. He knew a lot, as you might expect. But any little thing I could help him about I tried to. We didn’t dwell on what happened last season."

Expanding on his point, Giggs continued: "Louis has a clear philosophy and he sticks to that philosophy. He won't be afraid of taking over Manchester United. He'll relish it.

He’ll look forward to it. He's been at Bayern, Barcelona... he’s been at huge clubs. Obviously, in my view, Manchester United is the biggest.

"He's not scared about the challenge, he’s not apprehensive - he can't wait. He has the experience to do it. It won’t be easy. It never is. The Premier League's a tough league to win but that's what we'll try to do. I was excited about how forthright and how clear he was about what he expects from the staff and the players."

When pressed on Holland’s performance in Brazil, where they were tipped for glory until a dramatic penalty shootout defeat to Argentina saw them exit the competition at the semi-final stage on Wednesday, Giggs was unsurprisingly impressed by his new boss.

"It was disappointing to see them go out last night but it's been a fantastic campaign for him, starting with a result nobody could have foreseen. The 5-1 against Spain was maybe the standout performance of the tournament. Obviously it’s been great for the United fans to watch and for the players to see him do so well.

"It's excited everyone. He's mixed up his formations and he’s juggled around the players. To get to the semi-finals of the World Cup is a great achievement. He'd have liked to have gone further but it wasn't to be. The group he was in... to get out of that was an achievement in itself, so I'm sure he'll be pleased to go so far."

When Giggs meet Van Gaaal

Van Gaal Really knows what and who he wants this is what a manger should be unlike our last...
    Last edited by melvin; 11th July 2014 at 02:26 PM.

Yay... Its a bite free BPL coming season!!!

LIVERPOOL: Liverpool on Friday confirmed that the club has agreed to sell Luis Suarez to FC Barcelona, despite controversy over him biting an opponent during the World Cup.

In a statement on its website, Liverpool said Suarez has received permission to complete the formalities which will then conclude his transfer.

Separately, Barcelona said Suarez "will be travelling to Barcelona next week for medical (screening), to sign his five-year contract and to be officially presented to the media and fans as an FC Barcelona player."

No details of the fee nor how it is to be paid were disclosed.

FIFA on Thursday rejected appeals over the Uruguayan striker's four-month ban from football, after he was found guilty of biting Italy’s Giorgio Chiellini during a World Cup Group D game.

Bite free BPL

Barca buy him to counter attack on Pepe =p

Manchester United plc reaches agreement with adidas

Manchester United plc (NYSE:MANU) has reached a ten-year agreement with adidas for a global technical sponsorship and dual branded licensing deal for a minimum guarantee of GBP 750 million, subject to certain adjustments, beginning with the 2015/2016 campaign.

For the 2014/2015 season, Nike will continue in its role of technical sponsor and trademark licensee.

Adidas

Can adidas design don't just copy and paste from all other jerseys?
    Last edited by melvin; 14th July 2014 at 09:04 PM.

Van Gaal excited by United challenge

Louis van Gaal is relishing the opportunity to manage Manchester United after leading the Netherlands to third place at this summer’s FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
    Despite guiding his side to a comfortable 3-0 win over the hosts on Saturday, the 62-year-old Dutchman is refusing to go on holiday and will have just two days off at home before officially taking charge of the Reds this week.

Van Gaal will spend time with his players at the Aon Training Complex before jetting off to California to begin the club’s Tour 2014, presented by Aon. While this might appear a tight schedule, the boss insists he can’t wait for the challenge to begin.

“That is no problem for me, I don't need a holiday,” van Gaal said. “It's great to have such an exciting challenge. To work daily with young people is something that I don't need time off to rest for.

“I'm looking forward to it. I've only met two people from the daily management at the club - the chief scout and the chief executive officer. And I've met two of the owners. It's time that I get to know more people at the club.

“I hope the group in Manchester will become like this [Netherlands] one. We have to sing from the same hymn sheet. I hope at Manchester United I can do my best. I will do my best. Whether that's enough for the fans I will wait and see, but I genuinely hope that will be the case.”

Louis van Gaal will report to club in 2 days time

Manchester United plc reaches agreement with adidas

Manchester United plc (NYSE:MANU) has reached a ten-year agreement with adidas for a global technical sponsorship and dual branded licensing deal for a minimum guarantee of GBP 750 million, subject to certain adjustments, beginning with the 2015/2016 campaign.

For the 2014/2015 season, Nike will continue in its role of technical sponsor and trademark licensee.

Adidas

Can adidas design don't just copy and paste from all other jerseys?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$
    Make the Chevrolet logo smaller please

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    $$$$$$$$$$$$
    Make the Chevrolet logo smaller please
    Yeah agreed! hahaha...lol... and we should be able to be debt free ...

Opening live UK TV fixtures for 2014/15 season released

Manchester United v Swansea City and Crystal Palace's trip to Arsenal will be the first Barclays Premier League matches of the 2014/15 season to be broadcast live in the UK.
    The opening encounter of the new campaign, which kicks off at 12.45pm on Saturday, 16 August, will see Louis van Gaal’s tenure as manager of Man United begin against Swansea at Old Trafford. This will be BT Sport's first live offering. Later in the evening Sky Sports will broadcast Crystal Palace's visit to Emirates Stadium at 5.30pm.
    The next day, Sunday 17 August, Sky Sports have chosen to show Liverpool’s home fixture with Southampton in the early afternoon kick-off, and the start of Manchester City’s Barclays Premier League title defence at Newcastle United later in the day. The next evening, Sky Sports viewers will also be able to view newly promoted Burnley’s baptism of fire against Chelsea.
    Among the fixtures to be shown live on TV, which have been scheduled until 30 November, are Man City's home match against Liverpool, which takes place on Monday 25 August, Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur, on Saturday 27 September and Man United v Chelsea on Sunday 26 October. The Manchester derby, at Etihad Stadium, will occur on Sunday 2 November. These matches will be shown live on Sky Sports.
    The highlights of BT's fixtures include Arsenal v Man City, on Saturday 13 September, Liverpool v Everton, on Saturday 27 September, and Man United v Everton on Sunday 5 October.
    BSkyB and BT Sport won the rights to show the Barclays Premier League live in the UK from 2013/14 through to 2015/6, with BSkyB to show 116 matches a season and BT Sport 38.
    Please find the list of all the live fixtures below as well as a number of other fixture changes.
    Let us know your thoughts to the fixture list by going to Facebook.com/premierleague or by using #BPLkickoff on Twitter

16 August 2014
    12.45pm Manchester United v Swansea City (BT Sport)

24 August 2014
    4pm Sunderland v Manchester United (Sky Sports)

30 August 2014
    12.45pm Burnley v Manchester United (BT Sport)

14 September 2014
    4pm Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers (Sky Sports)

21 September 2014
    1.30pm Leicester City v Manchester United (Sky Sports)

29 September 2014
    8pm Stoke City v Newcastle United (Sky Sports)

5 October 2014
    12pm Manchester United v Everton (BT Sport)

20 October 2014
    8pm West Bromwich Albion v Manchester United (Sky Sports)

26 October 2014
    4pm Manchester United v Chelsea (Sky Sports)

2 November 2014
    1.30pm Manchester City v Manchester United (Sky Sports)
    * This match may move depending upon the participation of Manchester City in the UEFA Champions League the following Tuesday

22 November 2014
    5.30pm Arsenal v Manchester United (Sky Sports)

Live Fixtures

Wonder why we got the honour to kick off the BPL? Hmmm... thought should be last season league title holders?

Van Gaal already put in place army style discipline for Man U. I like his style. V much like Alex F

Wonder why we got the honour to kick off the BPL? Hmmm... thought should be last season league title holders?
    Well, no doubt we are the fallen 'Devils', but we are Manchester United after all.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Well, no doubt we are the fallen 'Devils', but we are Manchester United after all.
    haha...ok so we will have the honour then ... good thing is home game should be a great start ... our real challenge will only kick in oct...

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Van Gaal already put in place army style discipline for Man U. I like his style. V much like Alex F
    Thats what we need and thats what Man Utd is all about!

Who will we land next after be linked to

£32m Arturo Vidal
    £40m Angel Di Maria
    Mats Hummels
    £16m Wesley Sneijder
    Edinson Cavani
    £32m Eliaquim Mangala
    £30m Nicolas Gaitan.

All in the Boss shopping list...

Youth development:

MANCHESTER UNITED, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal are set to battle it out for Benfica prodigy Joao Filipe, dubbed 'the next Cristiano Ronaldo', and his team-mate Joao Virginia.

The two 15-year-olds are both on the books of the Portuguese champions, and have been backed to develop into world-beaters after impressing at youth level.

Filipe is a winger who, like Ronaldo, is capable of playing in various attacking positions and has a sharp eye for goal.

Virginia is an up-and-coming goalkeeper who has already put in a number of top performances for the youth team, and both players have already been offered long-term contracts by the Europa League runners-up.

However both are keen to play in the Premier League, and could make the move to either Manchester, London or Merseyside.

Whether the pair would insist on joining the same club remains to be seen, but Chelsea, Liverpool, United and Arsenal will go all-out in order to sign the talented pair this summer.

Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger in particular are keen on restructuring their development squads, and could offer the duo lucrative contracts in order to seal their signatures.

new Cristiano Ronaldo and GK prodigy

Latest news both have go to OT for Trail ...
    Last edited by melvin; 15th July 2014 at 10:07 PM.

Van Gaal set to take the reins at United

Louis van Gaal begins a new era in his career and opens the next chapter in Manchester United's history this week when he arrives in town to take up the reins as manager and assumes control of preparations for the 2014/15 season.
    In an exclusive MUTV documentary, Louis van Gaal: The story so far, which aired on Monday to mark the launch of the channel's switch to HD, former players and colleagues painted a picture of the Dutchman's management style and successes.

MUTV visited Holland, Spain and Germany – van Gaal's former haunts as manager with Ajax, AZ Alkmaar, Barcelona and Bayern Munich – and in each country found players, club staff and journalists enthusing about his successes, entertaining press conferences and lasting legacy of his football philosophy.

"For me, he was an amazing coach," says Ronald de Boer, a star during Ajax's successful spell in the 1990s. "If you look back through the names in that team – van der Sar, my brother, Overmars, Kluivert, Davids, Seedorf – you think, 'all those players are stars'. But at that time we weren't stars, we were just up-and-coming stars.

"Van Gaal worked well with younger players and he was telling us which direction we should go. He did it with so much passion and belief so we followed him. And he was always right."

Clarence Seedorf, De Boer's team-mate at club and national team level, added: "He is a coach who knows how to pass his philosophy onto his teams. What you saw in the Ajax period when I was there, that is van Gaal. He is a great coach and his career speaks for itself."

Brian Roy, a former player and now coach in Ajax's player development set-up, says his old boss had a huge influence on his career before and after hanging up his boots.

"He made you think differently as a player by asking questions and also with his enthusiasm during training," he said. "I really appreciated that and it's something I've taken on [as a coach] with the boys now at Ajax. That enthusiasm gave me a lot of power. It made me feel good. Together with Johan Cruyff, they are the two icons of Ajax."

Ex-United player Terry Gibson, formerly a scout in Spanish football and now a TV pundit, watched with interest during van Gaal's two spells at Barcelona. Gibson is excited by the alliance he will strike up with Ryan Giggs as his assistant. "Van Gaal is going to enjoy working with Ryan Giggs," he said. "He is a hands-on coach, he will be on the pitch every single training session and Ryan can learn so much from him."

It's on the training pitch and in matches that van Gaal's work can be best judged, but Marcel van der Kraan, a journalist for De Telegraaf in the Netherlands, says his press briefings are as entertaining as his brand of football: "He will bring a sense of humour, hilarious press conferences and great football to the Premier League."

Louis Van Gaal

Heard that he will reach OT today ... while RVP went for a holiday missing out US tour.
    Last edited by melvin; 16th July 2014 at 02:26 PM.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 ... LastLast