Thread: Tracking: Work in Progress

Default Tracking: Work in Progress

Posting in my favorite section of clubsnap again to share some work in progress with U guys of action shots of my abused car as subject... hope this doesnt bore U...
    Comments appreciated =)

Last edited by Rev; 4th July 2005 at 01:54 AM.

not many people in clubsnap into automotive photography huh? =(

It's quite an interesting take, just that colours are a little flat. Afterall, its good to make the car stand out more. The angle and distortion also makes the car look like its falling over. Apart from that, its a pretty good take. Technically I think it's no mean feat too.
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.
    SplutterPhotography|flickr

Blog Entries

things that I cannot do, I dare not comment

I have seen this kind of shot posted before, was it from you as well?
    If yes, where did you mount your camera this time?
    If no, well done, you have managed to get it right, where did you mount your camera?

thanks for the feedback guys... this was a 2nd attempt at this kind of shots

splutt: will try to find a location with more colorful lights to shoot this again...and try a different tilt but other than the flat color, how does this picture's spinning wheels & light trails make U feel?

ortega: probably was me... last time the camera was extended out of the car window with a tripod. This time, same method, extended out from the rear boot...

Blog Entries

yes it was you, if i remember correctly you pushed the car in a carpark to create the movement

then that wasnt me then... too lazy to push when the car can roll by itself...

Rev, like your idea shots. It seems almost professionally done, not sure if u are a pro? Excuse my ignorance if you are.

I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

nah sjourn, not a pro... wish I was tho... but I'm not =)

Gonna talk to wheels, torque & ST soon...

Your photo has a nice, tight feeling. But perhaps you may want to do a better white balance correction...too much of a fluorescent-green cast. A deeper DOF would be good to bring the whole car into focus.

...and maybe do some PS touchup to get rid of the marks on your boot...

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao
    Your photo has a nice, tight feeling. But perhaps you may want to do a better white balance correction...too much of a fluorescent-green cast. A deeper DOF would be good to bring the whole car into focus.

...and maybe do some PS touchup to get rid of the marks on your boot...
    thanks fo the input, but mind if I ask if yr monitor is calibrated? Just trying to check, my monitor isnt calibrated either. The greenish cast isnt too much on my monitor, I feel it's just right If i correct the WB, then silver car + white background = uncool pic... I think

And unfortunately, that wasnt a DOF problem... it was due to camera shake.. bleh. Will try to clean the car properly when I do these next time, was a rush job

creative shot of an otherwise boring subject...the tilt..the colors and even the use of fonts works for me.