Thread: Recover photos from SD Card

Post Recover photos from SD Card

I NEED HELP!

I just came back from my Penang trip and realised those photos that I've taken could not be open up and they are in 0kb. Through free software I'm able to preview the photos, but there's a need to pay for software for photo recovering.

Please advise me on what I can do, any free software that can solve the problem?

Sandisk rescuepro. It's normally bundled with Extreme cards and above.

Default Re: Recover photos from SD Card

Got. Google for it.

Before u start using any recovery software, can you view the photos from your camera ? If your camera has dual SD or CF card slots, then use ur camera to copy all photos to another card. I experienced once where my PC couldn't read the card but my camera could. Besides, if ur camera can read them, u can use usb cable to transfer photos from ur camera also. Good luck !
    Last edited by desmondckw; 21st April 2014 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by desmondckw View Post
    Before u start using any recovery software, can you view the photos from your camera ? If your camera has dual SD or CF card slots, then use ur camera to copy all photos to another card. I experienced once where my PC couldn't read the card but my camera could. Besides, if ur camera can read them, u can use usb cable to transfer photos from ur camera also. Good luck !
    Or use another card reader and another computer.

Quote Originally Posted by tong098 View Post
    I just came back from my Penang trip and realised those photos that I've taken could not be open up and they are in 0kb. Through free software I'm able to preview the photos, but there's a need to pay for software for photo recovering.
    Please advise me on what I can do, any free software that can solve the problem?
    Before you jump to any conclusions, do some simple tests:
    - Use your camera, can you view all images? If you shot jpg then you see the real file. If you shot RAW then you will see the embedded jpg file. In both cases, the file is there and accessible.
    - Use a modern and recent card reader (drop the $2 stuff from 4 years ago, picked from some cheap sale).
    - Check that all USB drivers are up to date to access the large capacity cards.
    - Use a Linux system and mount the card read-only (prevents any write attempts of the OS). Download any Life system (re.g. Gentoo, Ubuntu: booting from DVD, running straight from memory only.
    - After retrieving all images: do a full format of the card. Don't use Quick Format or Delete functions.
    EOS