Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: [Soulblade88 ] The Best of random SNAP

The two latter shots you posted looks wayyyyyy better IMHO. You're dragging the sliders too much. There's a limit to how much one should go in HDR. If HDR is the style you want to go, I suggest you read up on what makes a good HDR image, instead of assuming by creating what looks to you, cos apparently it doesn't look good to most of us. Also read up on manual blending in photoshop.

On a side note, you do know that WB can be changed easily in LR/PS right?
    Another Facebook Page,
    Another Flickr account.

Default Re: Bishan park

TS Got a link for you to read on landscape photography. There are many links on this page for you to read, including filters.........

http://www.great-landscape-photograp...tography-tips/

I gather in another of your post that you're using RX-1/RX-10. Maybe link to some threads in CS of images posted using the Camera:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1346541

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1225412
    Last edited by shierwin; 1st May 2014 at 10:30 PM.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by mardellion View Post
    The two latter shots you posted looks wayyyyyy better IMHO. You're dragging the sliders too much. There's a limit to how much one should go in HDR. If HDR is the style you want to go, I suggest you read up on what makes a good HDR image, instead of assuming by creating what looks to you, cos apparently it doesn't look good to most of us. Also read up on manual blending in photoshop.

On a side note, you do know that WB can be changed easily in LR/PS right?

Input much appreciated i got topaz adjust and let me think what you think of these new settings. Other than that i did a slight rotation and tighter crop of the pic.

here is the image that you said looks better compared to the picture i posted on post #3

I feel the 1st pic looks a tad too bright if you compare to pic 2 i feel pic 2 is a bit too plain though.

Let me put in the pic from post #3 for better comparison. I think pic #1 in this post looks the best.

Last edited by Soulblade88; 1st May 2014 at 10:43 PM.

@ TS:

Respectfully suggest that you attempt something more interesting where composition can be more easily visualised to kick start your composition engine and a place where lighting is more even so you wont get caught up with uneven exposure challenges.

The place where you took the photo has uneven lighting and to get the trees exposed correct, without obtaining the "meet-in-the-middle" exposure, the lighted areas will be over exposed as you are seeing. On top of that, it doesn't seem like a easy place where there is object of interest to capture viewer's attention. IMHO, photography is also about the photographer's ability to sniff out interesting places before making the best out of the venue through composition, exposure and other photography techniques.

Bishan Park has interesting areas and you can have a look at photos by other photographers as a start to develop your own style.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Luminare View Post
    @ TS:

Respectfully suggest that you attempt something more interesting where composition can be more easily visualised to kick start your composition engine and a place where lighting is more even so you wont get caught up with uneven exposure challenges.

The place where you took the photo has uneven lighting and to get the trees exposed correct, without obtaining the "meet-in-the-middle" exposure, the lighted areas will be over exposed as you are seeing. On top of that, it doesn't seem like a easy place where there is object of interest to capture viewer's attention. IMHO, photography is also about the photographer's ability to sniff out interesting places before making the best out of the venue through composition, exposure and other photography techniques.

Bishan Park has interesting areas and you can have a look at photos by other photographers as a start to develop your own style.

Thanks for advice. I was experimenting around too. Will try to look for interesting areas in bishan park.

I think TS can forget about HDR or even basic composition first. Try to take his photo with everything that is straight instead of slanted to an angle... only after that, then think of other composition technique. Then get to HDR. Learn how to walk first before running.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulblade88 View Post
    It's defense mechanism. It looks better than the original pictures in my opinion but seeing the reaction towards the first i thought ok probably not going to get a good reaction from the 2nd picture. It's also to show i am not arrogant. I feel it is just like typical human behavior like for example someone looking validation for his/her looks won't post a selfie and go wow i'm so yandao/chio because sure get flamed for it so they sometimes do the opposite.

I am trying to improve.
    And while at that, please also learn some manners as well as attitude. People here are trying to help, although some are more frank and straight forward. Note that none of us are being paid to help you. Many give you their plain view... what is there to defense about. And if you think what they say are total bullshxt, then maybe you can point out why.

And by claiming "Just Flame me" is showing utmost arrogance.

Also I notice that you only thank those that gave kinder wordings, rather than all that visited your page and take the time to point out some of your mistakes, be it straight forward or harsher. That is a show that you do not appreciate others of helping you, so I really wonder why I even bother keying what I have in your thread, exactly like another member of CS - Jones24. And since the mod already said that you and him are two different person, I would take the words of the mod.
    Last edited by rhino123; 2nd May 2014 at 08:26 AM.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    I think TS can forget about HDR or even basic composition first. Try to take his photo with everything that is straight instead of slanted to an angle... only after that, then think of other composition technique. Then get to HDR. Learn how to walk first before running. And while at that, please also learn some manners as well as attitude. People here are trying to help, although some are more frank and straight forward. Note that none of us are being paid to help you. Many give you their plain view... what is there to defense about. And if you think what they say are total bullshxt, then maybe you can point out why. And by claiming "Just Flame me" is showing utmost arrogance. Also I notice that you only thank those that gave kinder wordings, rather than all that visited your page and take the time to point out some of your mistakes, be it straight forward or harsher. That is a show that you do not appreciate others of helping you, so I really wonder why I even bother keying what I have in your thread, exactly like another member of CS - Jones24. And since the mod already said that you and him are two different person, I would take the words of the mod.
    2nd that.

Blog Entries

want to learn how to shoot better, the first step is to have a good eye. If your own eyes cannot differentiate between good and bad pictures how are you going to be able to find a good scene, and compose it properly?

Look at more other people's pics, analyze why you like the pics, what work what doesn't. And move on from there. No one can tell you much. in the end you have to experience it yourself.

You can start here by look at other people's shots of Bishan park. Here are some good ones from CS member Skystrike.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...=1#post8756858

The way you described assistance rendered suggests that you are not ready to accept any criticism. You are not even trying to improve, let alone improving. You appear not willing to accept that you are very weak in the fundamentals. In life, we learn to crawl first then we learn to walk. Skip a step and you skip the fun.

Default Re: Night shots of buildings in bangkok

Quote Originally Posted by Soulblade88 View Post
    composition meaning the objects that i am taking?
    Composition - Some links for reading:

http://www.photographymad.com/pages/...position-rules

http://www.digital-photo-secrets.com...os-that-shine/

http://www.digicamhelp.com/taking-ph...posing-photos/

Hope it helps!

Default Re: Night shots of buildings in bangkok

Taking the shots close to and during blue hour will help your pictures by a lot. But the key thing is still composition.

Hey TS:

There is a lot of criticism here but they are all good advice so don't give up.

Forget about HDR, forget about post processing. Start from the ground up and the process will be more fun and rewarding than PP.

1) Be bold (Try different postures, kneeling, squatting, even lying down to test out the different angles and perspective),
    2) Be courageous (One can learn a lot by understanding the difference between the captivating photos taken by others and our own. Yes, its not pretty to see our own shabby work against what inspire us, but that's how we can learn),
    3) Be adventurous (Landscape photography is about exploration. Without exploring the vantage points and the routes to get to those vantage points to make the shot, the photos we take are very normal),
    4) Be creative (Add your own touch to the proven. Digital shots are free, experiment with your shots and framing. Even if they are no good, Keep them to review them and understand why are they not good enough and what can be done to improve)

Keep photographing, keep learning and keep sharing.

Cheers

Deregistered

Default MBS and helix bridge

Please give your thoughts. Picture was taken non HDR using apeture priority mode at f stop 8.

f stop 9 here showing more on the right

shutter priority shot here 13 second exposure

A HDR image i created using an 8 second and 15 second exposure pity about the sky though but the lights came out fine.

Last edited by Soulblade88; 5th May 2014 at 06:58 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: MBS and helix bridge

Try to look at other people's pictures of the same scene. Then compare it to your own. I think that is a great way to start to self critique.

Blog Entries

Default Re: outrageous bright orange!!!

OMG... my eyes...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Try to look at other people's pictures of the same scene. Then compare it to your own. I think that is a great way to start to self critique.

All right hmmm whose do you reccommend?

I think there is a critique corner on this forum so this might not be place to post.

Since it is already posted, a few respectful comments:

1) Its pretty obvious that 13 sec is too much. Its severely over exposed.

2) On the same photo, you might want to move your frame a little to the right. The lotus is being pushed too close to the edge. Check your grid for the rule of thirds or golden ratio.

3) Have you checked the histogram of your photos? They tell you if its over exposed or under exposed. Then you can compare it against your eye-ball results.

4) You might want to try to center-weight meter against the lotus and check the shutter speed in A mode, then do the same the MBS mall and the helix bridge while keeping ISO and aperture unchanged. This way, you can deduce the exposure difference between the 3 key structures and obtain the meet-in-middle exposure that can be used for PP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    The way you described assistance rendered suggests that you are not ready to accept any criticism. You are not even trying to improve, let alone improving. You appear not willing to accept that you are very weak in the fundamentals. In life, we learn to crawl first then we learn to walk. Skip a step and you skip the fun.
    This guy sounds an awful lot like jones24.

Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    This guy sounds an awful lot like jones24.
    Well... the mod said that he is not. So just take it that he is not... and give him the same exact advises that we gave Jones24. Anyway, he is going to ignore those that are a bit harsher, so... it doesn't matter.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Well... the mod said that he is not. So just take it that he is not... and give him the same exact advises that we gave Jones24. Anyway, he is going to ignore those that are a bit harsher, so... it doesn't matter.
    I did not say he is not. I just said, if you have no proof, then give him the benefit of doubt.

And I did warn you guys not to mention this again... so better zip it. thanks. Not going to give any warning again.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast