Deregistered

Default Re: Night shots of buildings in bangkok

Quote Originally Posted by macaroni View Post
    Shot on high iso? Some of the pics are really noisy though
    which ones? Iso 160 is it high?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulblade88 View Post
    which ones? Iso 160 is it high?
    You shot the images hand-held or on tripod?

You may want to check on this link for inspiration:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1344583
    Last edited by shierwin; 21st April 2014 at 05:52 PM.

Deregistered

any advice how to improve

any advice how to improve
    maybe you can let us know if you are using a tripod for the shots and whether they are taken behind a glass window?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post
    maybe you can let us know if you are using a tripod for the shots and whether they are taken behind a glass window?
    Picture number 4 was shot behind a glass window. No tripod used but camera was laid on a flat surface and not hand held when pictures were taken.

Picture number 4 was shot behind a glass window. No tripod used but camera was laid on a flat surface and not hand held when pictures were taken.
    And how about the others? Was a tripod used? Looks handheld. And what was done post processing-wise? Looks like you did a hdr or played around with the image too much, though the blacks totally lack detail

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Dura77 View Post
    And how about the others? Was a tripod used? Looks handheld. And what was done post processing-wise? Looks like you did a hdr or played around with the image too much, though the blacks totally lack detail

No tripod used i mean the camera was not held in my hand at all but on a flat surface when the pictures were taken. Is there a difference if you lay your camera on a surface not moving at all vs it being mounted on a tripod? I did tone mapping on the images. The first 3 images were taken from my hotel balcony so i could afford more time to take them. The shots of siam paragon was taken in a public area of a hotel with other guests around so i did not want to hang around too long.

Am i correct to say that some of my pictures look better and sharper and some not so sharp?

The one showing hotel renaissance was taken at a train station but almost at closing time but i didn't stay too long because it was at a public place with high human traffic.

No tripod used i mean the camera was not held in my hand at all but on a flat surface when the pictures were taken. Is there a difference if you lay your camera on a surface not moving at all vs it being mounted on a tripod? I did tone mapping on the images. The first 3 images were taken from my hotel balcony so i could afford more time to take them. The shots of siam paragon was taken in a public area of a hotel with other guests around so i did not want to hang around too long.

Am i correct to say that some of my pictures look better and sharper and some not so sharp?

The one showing hotel renaissance was taken at a train station but almost at closing time but i didn't stay too long because it was at a public place with high human traffic.
    It may be a flat surface but it may not be level. A few of your shots have slanted horizontals and verticals, though these can be corrected in pp. A tripod gives you more flexibility as to where to shoot, and at least you can adjust the tripod such that you get a level shot straight from camera.

For your tone mapping, perhaps you shot in jpeg, so you can't retrieve the lost detail in the shadows. Shoot in raw next time.. you'll be amazed

What camera were you using by the way?

Looks like Gothem City.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

In all the images of buildings, they seem to be on fire. Look at the "smoke" coming off the top of the buildings

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    In all the images of buildings, they seem to be on fire. Look at the "smoke" coming off the top of the buildings
    Is it because i used pictures with too dark exposures? i think i can fix it.

What camera are you using? Fixed focal length?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    What camera are you using? Fixed focal length?
    it's the rx100. Not fully zoomed partial zoom for some pictures and no zoom for others. I don't know anymore details on the zoom. Does the brand and model of the camera affect how the pictures look like?

Blog Entries

First work on your composition. Then go easy on the sliders in HDR software.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    First work on your composition. Then go easy on the sliders in HDR software.
    composition meaning the objects that i am taking?

Seems all your image is HDR-processed to me. IS there any reason you want to processed such a way or it is just your preference?

Reminds me of FF. I want to try HDR.

Thanks for sharing.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by lewissac View Post
    Seems all your image is HDR-processed to me. IS there any reason you want to processed such a way or it is just your preference?
    I think it looks nicer but i can create hdr images that look more like normal pictures.

Deregistered

Default Circular shaped block of flats and carpark at night

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

I am hoping if i got the entire scene correctly. I truly wanted to capture flat and the carpark with the cars together. I hope this does not distract the viewer but the block of flats is still the main object it is just that if i zoomed unto the block itself or cut out the cars and the carpark i feel that it would be too plain and boring. I wonder if you share the same opinion as me.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

A night scene with cars and a building shown clearly.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

I apologize as i don't know the settings of my camera. It was taken at night around 10pm so the sun has long set but the street lamps at the car park which are whitish/bluish and the lamps along the main road which are yellow in color along with the lights coming from the block of flats helped to give sufficient lumination to the scene in fact it was a bit too bright and i had to tone down the degree of brightness.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture.

In my opinion i feel it looks ok i mean it looks just like what i see with my naked eye perhaps with some changes made to the brightness of the lamps and the color balance switched a bit to tone down on the yellowish tinge as the street lamps on the main road makes everything look yellow in color but the car park lamps helped to prevent it from being too yellow.

Maybe the color balance might be off and maybe the glare from the lights might be there but i toned down on the glare from the lamps.

I hope it isn't too cluttered with the cars and the numerous lamps in the foreground.

composition meaning the objects that i am taking?
    Composition as in how to structure your picture properly to tell a story or show people how you pictured the scenes

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast