Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 159

Thread: Shall we ban...

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    If I need someone's "bad" photos so that my photos will stand out, now that's ss...s...sad.
    That is sad indeed! But there are photographers who are so insecure!

  2. #22
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swingoutsister
    shall we ban comments like "very nice photos!"

    it doesn't help anything or anyone with comments like that, except to serve the egos of the thread poster.

    what can we all learn from comments like "very nice photos!"

    and then the poster goes on and take similarly weak pictures, post and get "very nice photos!" all over again.

    i'm sorry to be so harsh but some people here ought be given a rough shake.
    wake up! wake up!

    if you like it, share with us why you like it.
    This is an old dead dog, dug out, beaten to death again for god knows how many times. If that's what people are going to say, you can't really change it. You can however, train yourself to ignore it and move on. Move on.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voigtlander
    Pain is good! It makes you feel alive! Long live masochism!
    Pain = Alive = Means you'd not suffered enuff.

    WHIP ME! For what's worth...
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=139119
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=139122

    I'm waiting for some serious criticisms. Seems like everyone likes to see girls only. Den say 'chio ah' and leave it as dat. I oso noe they very chio (especially April and Nerissa), I not blind. But den I'm pretty blind to technical comments though.

    UNBLOCK MY EYES!

  4. #24

    Default

    let me sum up my replies in one post


    i'm not asking for people to post 'professional comments', ask 'newbies' to 'shut up and not post', nor use 'technical' terms to critique.

    my post was aimed at creating awareness to raise the level of 'critcism' here from "very nice photos" to something..better than that. don't you all agree?

    if we just "train ourselves to ignore it and move on" ... how do you expect people to gain and learn? what value will it offer to new people who join the forums?

    can't we all try to contribute more? instead of 'moving on', ignoring the bad posts and fear of criticising them.

  5. #25

    Default

    i do not mince my words and here is my impression of the general population of clubsnap (based on the posts and comments i've read in the forums)

    1) a gathering of techno geeks who are more interested in talking about gear and lenses

    2) occasionally trying to engage in a pseudo-intellectual photography discussion before it generates into (see above)

    3) chikopeks who try to legitimise their paparazzi shots of young girls by posting them here and labeling them as portraits or street shots. a gathering of sorts to organise such shoots.

    4) photographers who shoot close-up and macro shots of household pests and bugs, common flowers and plants you find in well managed parks. and call themselves 'nature' photographers.

    5) best and most useful part of the forums in my opinion .. buy and sell section.

    i dont care if you agree with me or not. if you dont like what i said, just 'ignore it and move on'. it is a 'free' forum and you can't stop me from saying what i want, within the rules and regulations.

  6. #26
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    6) People who think too highly of themselves and criticise others without criticising themselves.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swingoutsister
    i do not mince my words and here is my impression of the general population of clubsnap (based on the posts and comments i've read in the forums)

    1) a gathering of techno geeks who are more interested in talking about gear and lenses

    2) occasionally trying to engage in a pseudo-intellectual photography discussion before it generates into (see above)

    3) chikopeks who try to legitimise their paparazzi shots of young girls by posting them here and labeling them as portraits or street shots. a gathering of sorts to organise such shoots.

    4) photographers who shoot close-up and macro shots of household pests and bugs, common flowers and plants you find in well managed parks. and call themselves 'nature' photographers.

    5) best and most useful part of the forums in my opinion .. buy and sell section.

    i dont care if you agree with me or not. if you dont like what i said, just 'ignore it and move on'. it is a 'free' forum and you can't stop me from saying what i want, within the rules and regulations.
    Heheh, I think you miss out (6) which I belong:

    6) The Kopitiam jokers who come to the club to raise a few laughs. They don't post photos much nor do they do much critical analysis of photos.


  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    i put nice photos bcos i dun want to offend the person

  9. #29
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swingoutsister
    let me sum up my replies in one post


    i'm not asking for people to post 'professional comments', ask 'newbies' to 'shut up and not post', nor use 'technical' terms to critique.

    my post was aimed at creating awareness to raise the level of 'critcism' here from "very nice photos" to something..better than that. don't you all agree?

    if we just "train ourselves to ignore it and move on" ... how do you expect people to gain and learn? what value will it offer to new people who join the forums?

    can't we all try to contribute more? instead of 'moving on', ignoring the bad posts and fear of criticising them.
    I regret you felt this way but frankly, I never participate the forums with any expectations. Nobody is obliged to teach you anything even if you are a giving person. That's the fact. If you find that you don't benefit from any of those comments given, then you have to take the initiative to learn somewhere else. Talk to like minded people. What we are, we can't change. Who we are, changes forever. Bitching about it doesn't really work. Its been proven too many times.

  10. #30

    Default

    please do not add more 6), 7) 8) and so on to my list, as they do not represent my views. if you like, please start your own thread to continue.


    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    6) People who think too highly of themselves and criticise others without criticising themselves.
    i don't think it is a problem if criticisms are made in the right spirit, and not in disguised acrimony. regardless of whatever their personal appraisal of themselves are.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swingoutsister
    i dont care if you agree with me or not. if you dont like what i said, just 'ignore it and move on'. it is a 'free' forum and you can't stop me from saying what i want, within the rules and regulations.
    Now if only you read that yourself......

  12. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit
    I regret you felt this way but frankly, I never participate the forums with any expectations. Nobody is obliged to teach you anything even if you are a giving person. That's the fact. If you find that you don't benefit from any of those comments given, then you have to take the initiative to learn somewhere else. Talk to like minded people. What we are, we can't change. Who we are, changes forever. Bitching about it doesn't really work. Its been proven too many times.
    agree, no one asks to benefit from visiting (or trolling) forums.

    but

    disagree we should just ignore the situation just because you THINK you can't change it.

  13. #33
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swingoutsister
    please do not add more 6), 7) 8) and so on to my list, as they do not represent my views. if you like, please start your own thread to continue.




    i don't think it is a problem if criticisms are made in the right spirit, and not in disguised acrimony. regardless of whatever their personal appraisal of themselves are.

    Quote Originally Posted by swingoutsister
    i dont care if you agree with me or not. if you dont like what i said, just 'ignore it and move on'. it is a 'free' forum and you can't stop me from saying what i want, within the rules and regulations.
    Well........

  14. #34
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swingoutsister
    agree, no one asks to benefit from visiting (or trolling) forums.

    but

    disagree we should just ignore the situation just because you THINK you can't change it.
    As mentioned before, at times it doesn't pay to try to change the situation. Changing yourself to suit it might be a better way out.

  15. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swingoutsister
    ...i don't think it is a problem if criticisms are made in the right spirit, and not in disguised acrimony. regardless of whatever their personal appraisal of themselves are...
    And your Criticism are made in the right spirit... yes?...

  16. #36
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    BTW, if by any chance you want to start your own little crusade to "improve" the situation, I'll be watching. Will be quite interesting to see how it goes actually. Been here for as long as I can remember and I see this come and go too many times.

  17. #37

    Default

    crusade?

    please don't make it sound like its a 'one person army' against the odds situations.

    but i'm sure i do represent the views of some people here. reduce the amount of non-relevant replies and finger pointing and i'm sure more people will be willing to contribute their views.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swingoutsister
    crusade?

    please don't make it sound like its a 'one person army' against the odds situations.
    Not here to dampen your spirit but you couldn't have descriped the situation any better.

    I've said this more than once, you are not the first and you definitely won't be the last. Heck, I was even like you. My advise, spend your time on other endeavours. However, nobody's going to stop you from trying.

  19. #39

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swingoutsister
    shall we ban comments like "very nice photos!"

    it doesn't help anything or anyone with comments like that, except to serve the egos of the thread poster.

    what can we all learn from comments like "very nice photos!"

    and then the poster goes on and take similarly weak pictures, post and get "very nice photos!" all over again.

    i'm sorry to be so harsh but some people here ought be given a rough shake.
    wake up! wake up!

    if you like it, share with us why you like it.
    There nothing wrong with it
    It show that the pic is decent enough to generate a remark
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •