Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not more free 4G

Default Re: Not more free 4G

Quote Originally Posted by saberlancer View Post
    Quite definately..u guys tink will have choice?lol

Its like someone saying I want dialup no need for broadband, who cares..lol

You will still definitely have a choice... for the time being.

Don't need even 3G.... go use good old 2/2.5G by using a pre-pay card like many FW is using (including my Wife). But when majority of the population has moved to 4G/5G/6G... like it or no, make little business sense for them to spend money maintaining for a some group of people still using a old system, like 1G/2G/3G network.

Scuba & Father... For Life

I don't know if anybody else experienced the same but ever since I switched to 4G, 3G is as good as useless. At times when 4G drops, the phone picks up 3G signal but it does absolutely nothing. Can only make and receive calls. Can't whatsapp, telegram, surf net, etc. That's probably the way they force their paying customers to adopt 4G.

Going back to 3G should be the option. They need you to stay on 4G for they system to support the user count.

With 3G, youre slower so you'll stay connected for a longer time. It will hog their network. Service levels will go down and if they don't meet, big brother will get them ..,,, maybe

You should also ask for return of the 12G since it was taken away as part if the 4G upgrade package.

With the 12G, run videos even if you're not watching to consume their bandwidth.

I know that eventually I'll have to give up my 12gb 3G, the rumors has been around for a few years ever since they slashed to 2gb standard data for the lite users. Oh well enjoy it while it last. My contract expired about two years ago alr

One day they might even say : to give u flexibility , one may choose to upgrade their plans to take advantage of unlimited messaging by unlocking whatsapp for a small fee.

To stop the 12 GB, can they say --- stop supporting 3G from YYMMDD. Users either choose Hicard prepaid or 4G. With 4G, limit is 2GB for all users.

The official reason will be that it is an "improvement", a "benefit", a "progress to higher technology". They will show some statistic --- user feedback say they want 4G instead of 3G.

If Microsoft can choose to stop XP, in order to sell their lousy Windows 8, mobile service providers can use the same trick.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    To stop the 12 GB, can they say --- stop supporting 3G from YYMMDD. Users either choose Hicard prepaid or 4G. With 4G, limit is 2GB for all users.

The official reason will be that it is an "improvement", a "benefit", a "progress to higher technology". They will show some statistic --- user feedback say they want 4G instead of 3G.

If Microsoft can choose to stop XP, in order to sell their lousy Windows 8, mobile service providers can use the same trick.
    Every business nowadays talk about $. Service same, but price went up slowly. Best not to use the service and back to basic, coin phone! haha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Lucky we have IDA, depending on C**E games over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Lucky we have IDA, depending on C**E games over.
    What good is IDA?

We suffer crap service, IDA fines them n keeps the money, the telco raise charges to recover, we get scr....ed one more time....

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowleong View Post
    Thank god I'm still on my 12gb 3G plan. Speed is still alright with me. Now I'm never gonna recontract. New handset is gonna be expensive but that beats paying for 4G and 2gb worth of data that runs out in the first week aye?
    totally agree. im still on 3G with 12GB data. shiok!

Same. Staying with 12gb (& my Samsung S2) as long as I can from resist from buying latest highend phone
    Now has lower cost china made phone from xiaomi, so if need change phone, may get those phone.

The ironic thing is, when I had 3G with 12gb, I never used more than 2 gb a month. With 4G, I was struggling to keep within 3gb. I called my telco and found out that they can give me additional 2gb for extra $10. Took up the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by qystan View Post
    What good is IDA?

We suffer crap service, IDA fines them n keeps the money, the telco raise charges to recover, we get scr....ed one more time....
    So you are the M1 customer?

Quote Originally Posted by liteon View Post
    So you are the M1 customer?
    Nope.

We are all IDA customers. They own everything.

Licensed the 3 stooges who 'sell' the service to us n collect money on their behalf while at the same time the owner is our oversight authority to 'protect' us from them????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12