Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Which one should I buy---->Nikon D7000 or Sony A5000

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5

    Question Which one should I buy---->Nikon D7000 or Sony A5000

    Hi gus, I am a newbee here. I want to buy a DSLR or EVIL. My budget is limited. So I want to buy a 2nd hand D7000 or brand new Sony A5000. Just for family usage. Expect a good quality photo, such as shallow depth of field, less noise in dark photos.

    I used my frind's D7000 before. That's a good camera. I am satisfied with the quality of photo. But the sony A5000 is a new model, have some good funtions, such as NFC or WiFi. It makes photo sharing become so easy. Now I am confused. Which camera should I buy?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Which one should I buy---->Nikon D7000 or Sony A5000

    Quote Originally Posted by camty View Post
    Hi gus, I am a newbee here. I want to buy a DSLR or EVIL. My budget is limited. So I want to buy a 2nd hand D7000 or brand new Sony A5000. Just for family usage. Expect a good quality photo, such as shallow depth of field, less noise in dark photos.

    I used my frind's D7000 before. That's a good camera. I am satisfied with the quality of photo. But the sony A5000 is a new model, have some good funtions, such as NFC or WiFi. It makes photo sharing become so easy. Now I am confused. Which camera should I buy?

    If i'm were you, I would get a 2nd hand beginner DSLR and a great lens.

    Wifi is good in general, but at the expense of sucking up battery slowly I'm afraid.

  3. #3
    Senior Member richiemccaw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,101

    Default Re: Which one should I buy---->Nikon D7000 or Sony A5000

    Quote Originally Posted by camty View Post
    Hi gus, I am a newbee here. I want to buy a DSLR or EVIL. My budget is limited. So I want to buy a 2nd hand D7000 or brand new Sony A5000. Just for family usage. Expect a good quality photo, such as shallow depth of field, less noise in dark photos.

    I used my frind's D7000 before. That's a good camera. I am satisfied with the quality of photo. But the sony A5000 is a new model, have some good funtions, such as NFC or WiFi. It makes photo sharing become so easy. Now I am confused. Which camera should I buy?
    When I first started with a Nex 6, I thought Wifi was a gimmicky feature. Now I am very happy I am able to share my pictures easily via Whatsapp with my friends soon after outings or group shots.

    While the D7000 is undoubtedly a good camera, you need to be mindful of the size and weight of a decent set-up. Autofocus should be faster than that on the Nex/alpha e-mount cameras which would be something you would keep a lookout for if kids running around is something you want to capture.

    Otherwise the older Nex or newer Ax000 cameras should do the trick. Lightweight and good image quality. Do consider buying a Nex 6. Used prices are rock bottom now that several people are upgrading to the A6000.

  4. #4
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Which one should I buy---->Nikon D7000 or Sony A5000

    Quote Originally Posted by camty View Post
    Hi gus, I am a newbee here. I want to buy a DSLR or EVIL. My budget is limited. So I want to buy a 2nd hand D7000 or brand new Sony A5000. Just for family usage. Expect a good quality photo, such as shallow depth of field, less noise in dark photos.

    I used my frind's D7000 before. That's a good camera. I am satisfied with the quality of photo. But the sony A5000 is a new model, have some good funtions, such as NFC or WiFi. It makes photo sharing become so easy. Now I am confused. Which camera should I buy?
    Have you tested the A5000 already? I always say, don't buy a camera with the most features and functions, just buy one that you feel best about. Of course A5000 is new and I would expect it to have newer features and maybe better sensor. But if it don't feel good in your hand or the menu doesn't make any sense to you, etc etc, I would not recommend that you get it.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Which one should I buy---->Nikon D7000 or Sony A5000

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Have you tested the A5000 already? I always say, don't buy a camera with the most features and functions, just buy one that you feel best about. Of course A5000 is new and I would expect it to have newer features and maybe better sensor. But if it don't feel good in your hand or the menu doesn't make any sense to you, etc etc, I would not recommend that you get it.
    Yes, you are right. I haven't test A5000 yet. I am going to try it tonight.

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Which one should I buy---->Nikon D7000 or Sony A5000

    Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    When I first started with a Nex 6, I thought Wifi was a gimmicky feature. Now I am very happy I am able to share my pictures easily via Whatsapp with my friends soon after outings or group shots.

    While the D7000 is undoubtedly a good camera, you need to be mindful of the size and weight of a decent set-up. Autofocus should be faster than that on the Nex/alpha e-mount cameras which would be something you would keep a lookout for if kids running around is something you want to capture.

    Otherwise the older Nex or newer Ax000 cameras should do the trick. Lightweight and good image quality. Do consider buying a Nex 6. Used prices are rock bottom now that several people are upgrading to the A6000.
    I also prefer the NEX series. Let me check the 2nd hand NEX6 price.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •