Page 38 of 98 FirstFirst ... 132833363738394043486388 ... LastLast

Thread: Sentosa Thread XIV (Dream Car.. Dream Models ... Dream Dream Dream)

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Nothing new and nice about the new Nokia phones already, given up, changing to O2, the moment I get my pay of course

Don't think so much, just BBB!!! I was also at SLS yesterday.
    don't talk about nokia already .. damn pissed... bought their flagship communicator ... turns out to be a piece of crap ...problems arising 1 after another.. and i daren't go to NCC for fear they'll ruin the phone even more... sigh...

BBB .. cannot lah ... cannot be chong dong ... Contemplating now.... sigh ... I know someone in BnS bringing in the IS USM for a nice price ($27xx) ... wish only he accepted installments

Quote Originally Posted by furball
    Good Morning NIkonking and Birdie/lens hood Man !!!
    Alamak...I not Lens hood man lar...

Quote Originally Posted by alechim
    哇!gd service
    I ask Key to give you a kiss
    If not we all give you a kiss
    erm...

can choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Aim for 2nd hand lor...who says u have to buy new? Sigma 70-200 f2.8 EX HSM can be had for as low as $900 if you look hard enuff....70-200 f2.8L non-IS sometimes goes for $1.5-$1.6k ....these are the lowest of the lot liao. Dun talk liao, just buy!
    Can only get it end of this month .. that's why i'm surveying ... else i need to snowball another 2 months (backside getting itchy also ) ...

I'm surveying BnS now .. sighes.... Argh. I hate temptation ...

Need help from you guys... anywhere i can find a firewire cardreader at a cheap price?

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Can only get it end of this month .. that's why i'm surveying ... else i need to snowball another 2 months (backside getting itchy also ) ...

I'm surveying BnS now .. sighes.... Argh. I hate temptation ...

Need help from you guys... anywhere i can find a firewire cardreader at a cheap price?
    Whats ur budget like? Maybe can help you to narrow down your choices.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by GENO
    Fireworks this Saturday for N.E Show. Who is going?
    Time to meet : TBA
    Location to meet : TBA

1. alechim (ME ME ME ME!)
    2. Geno

anymore?
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by acidbyte
    anymore?
    GOT!! FB!

2. Geno
    3. FB and AB

Whats ur budget like? Maybe can help you to narrow down your choices.
    Basically i'm worried about the 70-200 F2.8L IS USM ... reading fredmiranda that there are issues with the IS. (lockups / errxx) Then there are those that don't which really puzzles me and now its making me contemplate. I've got the 28-135 IS USM .. which i'm happy with the performance (next bug - 17-40L? ) ...

Anyway just how obvious is handshake on a 2.8 70-200? ... if i were to get without IS? .. Price preferably around 1500-1600 i guess...

2. Geno
    3. FB and AB

what's N.E show?

what's N.E show?
    its some rehersal for the actual NDP...
    but the crowd will be students..fireworks will be fire to simulate actual events on NDP

2. Geno
    3. FB and AB

You guys can meet up a bit earlier also...there's the flypast at approx. 6.45pm, Chinook helicopters carrying the state flag and bomb burst of 5 F-16 fighters. Heard that the best spot to shoot is around Esplanade bridge or Merlion Park area.

Deregistered

You guys can meet up a bit earlier also...there's the flypast at approx. 6.45pm, Chinook helicopters carrying the state flag and bomb burst of 5 F-16 fighters. Heard that the best spot to shoot is around Esplanade bridge or Merlion Park area.
    Remind me to avoid CH this saturday

I think I will rot either at orchard or somewhere not so crowded

Quote Originally Posted by alechim
    its some rehersal for the actual NDP...
    but the crowd will be students..fireworks will be fire to simulate actual events on NDP
    Orh .. Neshional Edukation ... still remember i went for 1 during my sec school daze... ...

Basically i'm worried about the 70-200 F2.8L IS USM ... reading fredmiranda that there are issues with the IS. (lockups / errxx) Then there are those that don't which really puzzles me and now its making me contemplate. I've got the 28-135 IS USM .. which i'm happy with the performance (next bug - 17-40L? ) ...

Anyway just how obvious is handshake on a 2.8 70-200? ... if i were to get without IS? .. Price preferably around 1500-1600 i guess...
    Yes I've heard issues of the IS on 70-200 2.8L IS....you have to take extra care to check if buying 2nd hand. I had a friend who recently bought a 300mm f4L IS 2ns hand, there was some problems with the IS...made some loud noises and such.

Normally to minimize handshake the universal rule of minimum shutter speed of 1/focal length is applied. So at 200mm, comfortable shutter speed for handholding should be above 1/200 (say abt 1/250). For me, I mainly use the 70-200 indoors and most of the time on monopod, so I did not go for the IS feature. You can also pump up ISO to keep your shutter speeds up. (of course more noisy lar)

For outdoors in daytime, normally shutter speeds of above 1/200 are easily attainable, so no worries for handholding there. Unless your hands are really shaky.

How bad is the shake really? Not that bad lar...just needs some practice and techniques when handholding...after some time you'll get the hand of it. Just that you're liable to get tired after some time handholding the lens, thats when the IS comes in useful.

Thanks lens hood man for the info !!!

Deregistered

Thanks lens hood man for the info !!!
    fb *scratch scratch*

It's lenhood hero

Blog Entries

FB - did u manage to collect the stuff from unker tang last nite?
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    FB - did u manage to collect the stuff from unker tang last nite?
    As usual, he forgot to bring ... U better call to remind him next time.

Yes I've heard issues of the IS on 70-200 2.8L IS....you have to take extra care to check if buying 2nd hand. I had a friend who recently bought a 300mm f4L IS 2ns hand, there was some problems with the IS...made some loud noises and such.

Normally to minimize handshake the universal rule of minimum shutter speed of 1/focal length is applied. So at 200mm, comfortable shutter speed for handholding should be above 1/200 (say abt 1/250). For me, I mainly use the 70-200 indoors and most of the time on monopod, so I did not go for the IS feature. You can also pump up ISO to keep your shutter speeds up. (of course more noisy lar)

For outdoors in daytime, normally shutter speeds of above 1/200 are easily attainable, so no worries for handholding there. Unless your hands are really shaky.

How bad is the shake really? Not that bad lar...just needs some practice and techniques when handholding...after some time you'll get the hand of it. Just that you're liable to get tired after some time handholding the lens, thats when the IS comes in useful.
    Thanks for the long write up... that's the problem with the IS which i'm worried about, somehow i guess its ok to buy 2nd hand but you have to face a risk. So far, my 28-135 has no funny sounds. (heard before you mount on any IS lens, best is you switch off the IS function and mount on the lens to prevent it from "shorting")... That's why somehow i'm still set on getting the IS version brand new, but prices are steep now.

Hmm ... interesting universal rule... will keep in mind ... alex also mentioned this before.

As for the handholding .. so far, never really got a chance to use the 70-200 to test shoot.. only the 50-500 drain pipe from william ... which was a hair raising experience .. but fun!

I'm also quite shocked the price of the 50-500 is around $1950