Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Getting welding glass in singapore

  1. #1

    Default Getting welding glass in singapore

    Hi all,

    I wonder where can I get welding glass in Singapore? Searched through CS thread and found only 3 posts. Not much info on that.

    Just want to try out and play with it budgetly.


  2. #2

    Default

    Looking to diy mod a ND filter?
    "You will not be remembered for the gear you used, but by the photographs you created"

  3. #3

    Default

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270773910037

    I got one from here before. Heavy green color cast.
    Last edited by LYHHH; 16th April 2014 at 08:23 AM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Getting welding glass in singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by user12343 View Post
    Looking to diy mod a ND filter?
    Yeah. Sort of. I know it's silly but hey, who never silly before? :P haha ..

    Recently saw some photographers make use of welding glass as ND and convert to BnW. Looks interesting, that's why I wanna try and feel it.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Getting welding glass in singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by LYHHH View Post
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270773910037

    I got one from here before. Heavy green color cast.
    Thanks!
    I just wondered if it can bought locally from stores. I did search through Amazon and Ebay for a very affordable price.

  6. #6
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Getting welding glass in singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by lewissac View Post
    Thanks!
    I just wondered if it can bought locally from stores. I did search through Amazon and Ebay for a very affordable price.
    Just go to hardware stores, those that sell equipment to construction industry.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Getting welding glass in singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by lewissac View Post
    Yeah. Sort of. I know it's silly but hey, who never silly before? :P haha ..

    Recently saw some photographers make use of welding glass as ND and convert to BnW. Looks interesting, that's why I wanna try and feel it.
    I can be wrong, but if the aim is to convert to monochrome, you can consider buying the cheaper tianya plastic filters instead, everything swee swee cut to size, can slide in multiple filters, with various size adaptor disc/rings.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Getting welding glass in singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by user12343 View Post
    I can be wrong, but if the aim is to convert to monochrome, you can consider buying the cheaper tianya plastic filters instead, everything swee swee cut to size, can slide in multiple filters, with various size adaptor disc/rings.
    I did. Bought some tianya filter and tried. But somehow I just wanna play around the welding glass. No harm trying for that kind of price (it's way cheaper than buying a tianya filter).

  9. #9

    Default

    Tried those hardware stores that sell heavy industrial stuffs.
    There one in ubi if stay in east. Think it call Horme or what.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Getting welding glass in singapore

    horme, used to be called homely
    Last edited by user12343; 16th April 2014 at 08:12 PM.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Getting welding glass in singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by user12343 View Post
    horme, used to be called homely
    Ya think so, during my previous job, we visited there sometime if need some tools urgently.

  12. #12
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,334

    Default Re: Getting welding glass in singapore

    How about computer monitor screen if you may be able to get free or dirt cheap at Junk dump or from the garang guni man

  13. #13

    Default

    Try the hardware stores at 1057 eunos ave 3.

    You can buy the replacement glass, no need to buy the shield. Think only a few dollars.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: Getting welding glass in singapore

    It will probably be too late for your needs but I'm emigrating over in 6 weeks and might have a spare piece - once I've packed everything up I'll try to keep an eye out for one.

    I did find that the results were unpredictable and it was hard to use effectively though. I tried superglueing a piece to an old 77mm adaptor and although it "worked" the colour cast was horrific. I'd share the results but for some reason I can't link to photos until I've made 50 posts.... stupid rule for a photography forum!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •