2nd July 2005, 10:25 PM
Just for those who are going down to Killiney Road Post office to collect the Welcome Gift.
This afternoon, I specially travel all the way from EAST to Somerset MRT just to collect this welcome Gift.
When I reach there at 4.07pm, I was surprise by a BIG CLOSE sign hanging at the door.
I look at the opening hrs display on the Post Office door. It stated Sat 8.30am to 4pm.
I took out the letter from DBS.
It printed opening hrs: Mon - Sat 9am - 9pm.
It was totally different from what I see at the Post Office.
I call the hotline (1800-111 1111), talk to a lady name Jane (I think I remember correct or may be sth like that).
She told me that 9am - 9pm is the usual opening hrs for that Post Office. May be this Sat, they got special event that they close at 4pm.
I told her, came back and see by yourself.
This opening hrs is display at the door. Not that print out type in paper form.
It's very clear. DBS does not ensure and do a good job. They just assume.
She also suggest to me , came down next Sat again.
WHAT! Ask me to come down again specially for this welcome gift.
Forget it, I don't want.
After I ask her to cancel my cashline account. She ask for my contact number and ask that they will get back to me by coming Mon afternoon.
They might can arrange a courier service to delivery to me.
It's very funny.
DBS BANK make a mistake on their letter and they want their customer to came back another time to cover them.
It don't look professional.
3rd July 2005, 09:07 AM
I have signed up before, this is the catch:
1. They told you it is free for first month, once you collected the gift you have to stay with them for 6 months.
2. Once the 6 months is up, they send you the bill for next 6 months subscription charges, once you realized it, it is too late to cancel, I called then and they told me that the period already began, even if I want to cancel I still have to pay the subscription.
3. After paying the subscription, I wanted to cancel, they told me that since I have already paid, why don't stay up to the end of the period than cancel.
4. I took their advice, and forgot about the 6 month period that I have to cancel before receiving another bill to ask for subscription.
5. 6 months later, I receiced another bill, then I realized it was too late to cancel.
6. No choice but to pay up and cancel. Similarly they asked me to stay on until the period is up. But I said no, cancel now.
7. This is their tactic: nothing is for free. I paid 2 times of 6 month subscriptions in exchange of a wireless mouse. I beileve simple mathematic will tell that the Bank end up winning.
3rd July 2005, 09:26 AM
Not true. you can cancel once the period is up. You do not need to pay. Just call and tell them cancel. that is what i did. They ask why just say no use so why pay for something you don't use/ Sure cancel.
3rd July 2005, 09:42 AM
3rd July 2005, 09:54 AM
They just want to be READY when you hop over to the dark side....
3rd July 2005, 10:09 AM
DBS has the w*rst bank in Singapore history, don't you know that? Take $$$ very fast, return $$$ slower than a tortise.
3rd July 2005, 01:09 PM
it sound like our governement.. take $$ fast, reture $$ wait long long...
Originally Posted by Drudkh