Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mount Bromo + Mt IJen

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post

most "Regular" places can suka suka relax with no plans and still able to get great images with half luck

Not the 2 places u mentioned where the long hours and timing sequences need to be built into ..... its not some place where you casually stroll to and "hopefully" get lucky ..... been to Bromo a few times but never been to Ijen

We used to camp overnight AT the chosen spots years ago to sleep a little more and save the 1am move-outs when campfires and overnight open camping were still allowed
    Tx ed9119
    Is camping still allowed?
    Assuming we have a private jeep.. Is it possible to drive our private jeep up to my P's parking area? Or die die must take the jeep around that area.
    Also, any park rangers around or its a otot thingie.. Am going to fly my drone over the crater.. If got rangers around probably they will stop it.. Hehe

P.s. I heard that the red lava can only be seen when u are at the crater at night

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mount Bromo + Mt IJen

Quote Originally Posted by ryanlio View Post
    Tx ed9119
    Is camping still allowed?
    Assuming we have a private jeep.. Is it possible to drive our private jeep up to my P's parking area? Or die die must take the jeep around that area.
    Also, any park rangers around or its a otot thingie.. Am going to fly my drone over the crater.. If got rangers around probably they will stop it.. Hehe

P.s. I heard that the red lava can only be seen when u are at the crater at night
    If you have your own jeep, you can drive in, just have to buy the entry tickets on your own at the office there (yes there are people manning the barricades). Some of the roads are actually quite dangerous. It has improved a lot in the last year and a half though, after the direct road from Cemero Lawang to the viewpoints have been fixed (damaged very badly from landslides). Watch out for the sand too, some areas, if you are not careful, your vehicle can get stuck in the sand. And you need to know your way around in the caldera. No clear roads or signs. If in doubt, follow the jeeps in front of you.

Additional info:

Camping

Camping is certainly possible in the park but you must register at the Cemoro Lawang gate (where there is an adjacent campsite). There are many sources of safe, fresh water in the park - ask locally.

Potential campers should be very aware of how cold it gets here though and be thoroughly prepared for that. Heavy duty sleeping bags are essential.
    Stay healthy
    Mount Semeru erupting in 2004

Temperatures on Mount Bromo are refreshingly cool during the day (although sunburn is still a real danger), but outright cold at night, as temperatures can drop to zero in the dry season and are rarely much above 5°C in wet season. Some of the cheaper places to stay may not provide adequate blankets or heating, so come prepared. If needed, you can rent jackets and hats at Cemoro Lawang and at the Penanjakan viewpoint for about Rp 20,000. Hats and gloves are important if you wish to survive in the cold especially early in the morning, face masks would keep the dust away if the crowd gets big around the crater.

There are cases of malaria each year in the lower foothills of the park and any visitor planning a long stay or to camp in this area should take necessary precautions. This is not though a problem for those visiting Mount Bromo or the high plateau only.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 19th April 2014 at 02:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Also about flying your drone, I think you can only do that if you scale the steps to the rim of the crater. Not a lot of room there on the rim, so you better watch out.

Also sunrise at viewpoint 1 can get very packed.. .like this...

OMG! That's a lot of people. Like national day scene!
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    OMG! That's a lot of people. Like national day scene!
    And this is just the daily crowd. During peak season and weekends, it is even more.

Gotten a quote.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzO1...p=docslist_api

If interest, do pm me with the package interested in travel in groups of 4 most economical.. Just sharing for economies of scale.
    Last edited by ryanlio; 19th April 2014 at 08:42 PM.

Can recommend a tour guide / driver? Travel from Surabaya airport to Bromo and back.

Quote Originally Posted by weekh View Post
    Can recommend a tour guide / driver? Travel from Surabaya airport to Bromo and back.
    Sure.
    Pmed u

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12