Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Nikon D70

Default Stolen Nikon D70

My Nikon D70 (3months old) got nicked from the Marine Bowl at East Coast Park on 12-June-05 around 7:30pm (lane 19). It was in a lowepro bag. Have filed a police complaint but they are not taking it too seriously. Havent even bothered to check the cctv recordings of the location. Its a terrible loss just when I was getting comfortable with the camera and had started shooting some good pictures

Here are the serial numbers, in case it comes up for sale anywhere.

Nikon D70 Body : 7056871
    AF-S DX 18-70/3.5/4.5G : 2659605
    Lowepro bag (black)
    Infrared Remote
    1 gig Kingston memory

Is there some way I can get the authorities to pursue this case more seriously ?

thanks

how did u lose it ? pls dun tell me like u forgot to bring it along when u are at the food court or something..

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by rahul

Is there some way I can get the authorities to pursue this case more seriously ?
    Sorry to hear that you lost your cam...
    Thats why equipment insurance is now earning lots of money coz there is quite a number of thief out there...

To get them to check on your case, unless you are some big shots or the stolen items is involved few millions...

For this kinda stolen cases, think police only keep a record of it happened before and then you can only hope that someone found it and return to police. Had a friend report lost of a labtop 3K plus stolen at east coast, after reporting, the police actually wish her good luck tell her to hope that some kind guys will return the labtop to them as it is only filed on case file...

IMO, To think from their side, everyday things get missing, if they were to investigate on every single case, they will be very very busy...
    Last edited by mobby; 2nd July 2005 at 08:59 AM.

My Nikon D70 (3months old) got nicked from the Marine Bowl at East Coast Park on 12-June-05 around 7:30pm (lane 19). It was in a lowepro bag. Have filed a police complaint but they are not taking it too seriously. Havent even bothered to check the cctv recordings of the location. Its a terrible loss just when I was getting comfortable with the camera and had started shooting some good pictures

Here are the serial numbers, in case it comes up for sale anywhere.

Lowepro bag (black)
    Infrared Remote
    1 gig Kingston memory

thanks
    very sorry to hear that...........

sad to hear that man... but since u posted it here, i guess pp here will check when they are doing b&s in case its stolen loot...

Lowepro bag (black)
    Infrared Remote
    1 gig Kingston memory
    its good that you have provided the serial nos here in CS, who knows!

Should put this piece of information at B&S forum to warn potential buyer ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Sometimes the branding of the bag is a liability in itself. I don't use lowepro because it is too obvious to be a camera bag. I'm using a noname brand that looks like a normal haversack and was discussing last week that the precaution may not be necessary here but important in other countries. I guess I was wrong. Good luck to you man. Maybe you can inform cash converter or other stores that buy 2nd hand items about the serial number as well.

OT abit here.
    Just wondering, if this guy who steal the D70 today and got away with it cos "somebody" never make any effort to try to solve it. Likely he will try again and again. And the stuffs he aim at will be more and more expensive. As he get more use to such crimes he may even rob a person or a bank and hurt someone eventurally in the process to do it.
    Why don't try to stop a person now to avoid a bigger problem tomorrow. And this guy still got a chance to turn over a new leaf now rather then caught at later stage where he will be gone for good?

dun be sad rahul stay happy wateva happens

Unhappy

so sorry to hear that

hope no valuable shots inside

GOSH! That thief deserved a hard kick on his crotch... Sorry to hear your losses... As what Mobby said, I bought the insurance based on his advice too..

some time, the police report is for the home insurance claim.
    if steal, can claim.
    If displace, then cannot.

Hi all

Thanks for your support.

I was bowling with three other friends (Marine Bowl, ECP). Camera battery had run out so I kept it on a chair in our section. Then we were all busy playing. We could see the camera but nobody noticed. Someone must have been on the lookout and just picked it up and walked on. Must have taken lots of nerve because it was just a matter of someone turning. We noticed it within 15 minutes but it was too late.

I dont really have too much hopes of recovering it now. On hindsight I wish I had got it insured. You just cant say how things are going to turn out. I will definitely get insurance for the next camera I buy. Perhaps all others should think about it too.

Just when I was saving for a better lense, I have to invest in a new body all over again!!

Thats life.

Quote Originally Posted by therat
    some time, the police report is for the home insurance claim.
    if steal, can claim.
    If displace, then cannot.
    Reminds me of my insurance agent telling me.. as I always buy travel insurance when i go on overseas trip, if I misplace my things, report it as stolen, stolen items is easiler and more chance to claim then if you report you misplace it...

Opps.. OT already

Quote Originally Posted by mobby
    Reminds me of my insurance agent telling me.. as I always buy travel insurance when i go on overseas trip, if I misplace my things, report it as stolen, stolen items is easiler and more chance to claim then if you report you misplace it...

Opps.. OT already
    Yup! don't ever report as misplace.
    As misplace is ur responsible.
    stolen, u can't help.
    that's what I did last time, when I left my wallet in the toilet.
    Do a police report as pick-pocket.
    claim and get some money back.
    U will not be able to take back all the money u lost but at least some.
    How they cal... that's I don't know...
    If I know, I will blow up the figure to match.

It would be good if the mods or admins put up a sticky in B&S on stolen gears so that people would be more aware when buying used cameras that "don't come with anything cos I'd lost the box, manual, everything." statement.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    It would be good if the mods or admins put up a sticky in B&S on stolen gears so that people would be more aware when buying used cameras that "don't come with anything cos I'd lost the box, manual, everything." statement.
    there's already one in BNS section....

don't let this isolated accident dampen ur spirits. good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast