Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KL-SIN High Speed Rail end points in SG

Default Re: KL-SIN High Speed Rail end points in SG

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Jurong is correct location.
    City Centre is wrong location.
    This is a high speed rail terminal, not a taxi stand. Can Singaporeans have more common sense?
    Please apply the said common sense as well.
    For your information: there are several approaches to this topic. In Japan, the high speed trains stop in the city to enable commuters reaching their destinations quickly. If this were such a major issue there would be a reconstruction already underway.
    In France they apply a different approach. Here the TGV stations and tracks are moved outside the cities. This is to avoid the slow down of the trains when crossing the urban areas and using the standard tracks of regional trains. People have to use 'feeder trains' to reach the high speed train links.
    So both ways are possible, both have different pros and cons. Personally I feel that a station in the Northern part (Woodlands) would be quite beneficial, together with an additional MRT link to connect to airport.
    EOS

From what i see the Malaysian govt have more or less confirm their last station before HSR entering singapore to be at Nusajaya so it just make more sense for them to be house in either Jurong East or Tuas...

From a more economical sense ideally and my personal feel will be at Tuas as there are vast land over in Tuas and they could just continue the rail straight from Nusajaya (no need to turn here or there if were to go woodlands or city centre which may need to go underground and years to built not forgetting the $$$ involved also highly unlikely to the east as the Airport is there and a proposed third link from changi side) so building above ground which makes more sense to me and is cheaper, easier to built and earlier completion compared to underground ...

Then from tuas they can link up to the last station of the MRT in tuas as they are extending 4 more tuas stations from Joo Koon.

So with that connectivity commuteing from there to the city is just as convenient.
    Last edited by melvin; 15th April 2014 at 10:36 AM.

Where it starts and ends will make some people rich or poor also. So beside practicality also who has the say.

MLY wants Iskandar to succeed so the rail will service it.

It is impractical, costly and difficult to build it to SG city centre because the built environment there is in place and dense. There is hardly any space.
    If the track runs through it, many existing buildings will have to make way.

The high speed rail would not be practical with many twists and turns. It has to be relatively straight.

The BKK BTS is an example of a rail system (not high speed rail) with many twists and turns. Because the BKK govt cannot do much compulsory acquisition of exiting buildings to ensure straight track lines between stops.

Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    the malaysian side wants it to go thru nusajaya/iskandar so woodlands is unlikely.
    tuas seems more like it.
    I thought it is announced already in woodlands? I thought it will join Thomson line?

Quote Originally Posted by dniwkh View Post
    I thought it is announced already in woodlands? I thought it will join Thomson line?
    That will be the Johor Bahru (JB), Peninsular Malaysia to Woodlands, mass transportation through rapid transit link (MRT (heavy rail)).
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 15th April 2014 at 10:32 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by dniwkh View Post
    that is MRT.

Imagine all the cheapo travellers transferring their big luggages into Jurong East MRT...Singaporean will start KPKB again.....and people from the east will not travel 1 hour in cab to the Tuas terminal just to ride another 2 hours to KL...instead they will fly budget airline in Changi airport....so this HSR will be like a ghost train...look at the current KTM you know what i mean.....IMO terminate nearby to City make more sense...maybe the old Tg Pager KTM station

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Imagine all the cheapo travellers transferring their big luggages into Jurong East MRT...Singaporean will start KPKB again.....and people from the east will not travel 1 hour in cab to the Tuas terminal just to ride another 2 hours to KL...instead they will fly budget airline in Changi airport....so this HSR will be like a ghost train...look at the current KTM you know what i mean.....IMO terminate nearby to City make more sense...maybe the old Tg Pager KTM station
    In Japan, the bullet train cost as much as a domestic plane ticket. Will the HSR follow suit?

You save the aggravation of airport check in & out. Too early to worry. It may never be built. Talk is cheap. Do is hard.

MLY is not Japan. Singapore is not Germany. Both SEA countries are quite low tech, although one dares to claim to be a first world country.

As usual between MLY & SG, there is the expected bickering over cost-sharing.

Is it
    MLY -- SG
    50 - 50 or
    70 - 30 or
    30 - 70 or
    0 - 100 (SG bear all the costs although 98% of the High Speed rail is inside MLY)
    Last edited by ricohflex; 20th April 2014 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    You save the aggravation of airport check in & out. Too early to worry. It may never be built. Talk is cheap. Do is hard.

MLY is not Japan. Singapore is not Germany. Both SEA countries are quite low tech, although one dares to claim to be a first world country.

As usual between MLY & SG, there is the expected bickering over cost-sharing.

Is it
    MLY -- SG
    50 - 50 or
    70 - 30 or
    30 - 70 or
    0 - 100 (SG bear all the costs although 98% of the High Speed rail is inside MLY)
    Yeah. MY is famous for their story flipping. Not surprised if they change their mind

Now this. Harping on Causeway and crooked bridge again.

http://www.mysinchew.com/node/97500

"It should be removed, otherwise there is no friendship," he said.

Dr Mahathir also expressed his disappointment over the cancellation of the project to build a 'Crooked Bridge' on the Malaysian side of the Johor Strait linking to the Causeway on the Singapore side.
    Guess someone is angry when his son failed in a bid to win election as one of 3 Umno vice presidents.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 21st April 2014 at 10:17 PM.

High speed train but low speed custom. If only they can solve the custom clearing, it only takes 3 hours to KL. Even Johor can be next KL within 10 years. Not likely in the next 50 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12