Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: How to auto white balance using Photoshop

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    467

    Default How to auto white balance using Photoshop

    Hi,

    May I know how to do auto white balancing using Photoshop ?

    When I use ACDsee6.0, there's an auto white balance command. I just have to choose the area which is supposed to be white/gray, and I can move the slider until the area becomes white.

    How do I do that using Photoshop ?

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Default

    auto?

    u can try image > adjustments > auto colour.

    i never trust it.

  3. #3
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    adjust the curves and select the white black and gray,

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by candy
    auto?

    u can try image > adjustments > auto colour.

    i never trust it.
    The auto color is not auto white balancing leh....It make the picture's color look very strange most of the time when I used that.

    The Image->adjustment->color balance is too tedious as you'll have to adjust the Cyan, Merganta, and Yellow color manually, usually with poor result.

    Searching for white balancing using the Help command turns up results on using the Photo Filter command instead

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    adjust the curves and select the white black and gray,
    Wah seh.... under the Options, got so many other setting.....

  6. #6

    Default

    To get the same effect as the ACDSee tool, use the "Levels" tool in PS.

    Go to Layer/New Adjustment Layer/Levels and click OK when the new layer name panel pops up. When you see the Levels control panel, look at the bottom where you should see three eyedropper icons. Click on the eyedropper tool icon on the right, then move your cursor over your picture and click on an area that should be white. Thats it.

    The advantage of using an Adjustment Layer rather than just the Level Tool is that you can adjust the strength of the effect you get by changing the opacity of the adjustment layer. If you do not like what you get, just delete the layer.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verywierd
    To get the same effect as the ACDSee tool, use the "Levels" tool in PS.

    Go to Layer/New Adjustment Layer/Levels and click OK when the new layer name panel pops up. When you see the Levels control panel, look at the bottom where you should see three eyedropper icons. Click on the eyedropper tool icon on the right, then move your cursor over your picture and click on an area that should be white. Thats it.

    The advantage of using an Adjustment Layer rather than just the Level Tool is that you can adjust the strength of the effect you get by changing the opacity of the adjustment layer. If you do not like what you get, just delete the layer.
    Thank you very much....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •