Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Where to take photos of MCE (refer to link)

  1. #1

    Default Where to take photos of MCE (refer to link)

    Hey guys,

    Recently I chanced upon this photo: https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/marvin...48204/sizes/l/

    I happened to pass by this area earlier today and used my phone's GPS to lock the position (Maxwell Rd/Prince Edward Rd). A couple of hours earlier, I made a trip down and walked quite a distance but was in for a huge disappointment.

    Can anyone pinpoint to me where exactly was this photo taken? Would really love to head down there to get some shots. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    553

    Default Re: Where to take photos of MCE (refer to link)

    Part of this hobby is the exploration to get that shot, and I'm sure you can find the desired spot after some researching on Google Maps.

    It's not that difficult, as I've shot from that spot before too (after a lot of walking and being chased by stray dogs)

    Cheers!

  3. #3
    Senior Member richiemccaw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkersNg View Post
    Part of this hobby is the exploration to get that shot, and I'm sure you can find the desired spot after some researching on Google Maps.

    It's not that difficult, as I've shot from that spot before too (after a lot of walking and being chased by stray dogs)

    Cheers!
    Lol. Im planning to bring an extra shirt to change into and wear my hush puppies to work. In case I need to outrun the dawgs.

  4. #4
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Where to take photos of MCE (refer to link)

    It's really quite easy to guestimate locations in Singapore. I don't know how you ended up with Maxwell Road/Prince Edward Road. Have you even tried looking at Google Street View there, the relative locations of the cranes and buildings don't work out.

    You should be looking at Marina Bay side of MCE. Just pay a little attention if you're riding in a car in the MCE and it really is quite obvious. As to how to get there, there is no landmark, the whole area is still being developed, the road involved is long and full of construction sites, stray dogs. It's still a walk in the park compared to what some overseas landscape photographers go through though.

  5. #5
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Where to take photos of MCE (refer to link)

    Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    Lol. Im planning to bring an extra shirt to change into and wear my hush puppies to work. In case I need to outrun the dawgs.
    Running when you encounter stray dogs is a sure way of getting them excited and inviting them to chase you more happily. And generally speaking I don't think you can outrun them easily.

    It's better to walk calmly, force down the fear, and you can try to raise your tripod to look taller.

    http://www.wikihow.com/Protect-Yours...om-a-Stray-Dog
    Last edited by edutilos-; 6th April 2014 at 10:24 PM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member richiemccaw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,101

    Default

    Good point on that.. Haha thanks for the reminder. But I will still wear my puppies to work. Much more comfortable than my Clarks

  7. #7
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Where to take photos of MCE (refer to link)

    There are only 2 main ends of the MCE tunnel... Is it really that hard to find out?

  8. #8

    Default

    Yeah, tried Google maps but seems like it isn't updated with the street view of MCE yet.

    Wouldn't have asked for help here if I didn't face any problems eh?

    Wow there are stray dogs there?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    553

    Default Re: Where to take photos of MCE (refer to link)

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Running when you encounter stray dogs is a sure way of getting them excited and inviting them to chase you more happily. And generally speaking I don't think you can outrun them easily.

    It's better to walk calmly, force down the fear, and you can try to raise your tripod to look taller.

    http://www.wikihow.com/Protect-Yours...om-a-Stray-Dog
    Luckily that day I had a monopod with me... (From the Sirui ballhead promo)

    Just some swinging of the monopod and off the dogs went

  10. #10
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Where to take photos of MCE (refer to link)

    I was there last month to take a timelapse, met hakhak there

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...=1#post8799383

    if you take bus, than go to Marina Cruise Center and walk to the flyover, about 15mins to 20mins walk.

    if you drive, legal parking is also at Marina Cruise Center, parking at road side is at your own risk.

    do note the place is still under construction, so no guarantee you can get in there if stopped by the workers, and it is very muddy too.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  11. #11
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Where to take photos of MCE (refer to link)

    Quote Originally Posted by MachCurve View Post
    Yeah, tried Google maps but seems like it isn't updated with the street view of MCE yet.

    Wouldn't have asked for help here if I didn't face any problems eh?

    Wow there are stray dogs there?
    Use the normal google maps. They show where the tunnel starts and ends. That is quite the no brainer. Then look where is the closest road/landmark and you will see it is the Cruise Center.

    Mod catchlights also told you where. The rest is up to you to find.

  12. #12
    Member mardellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post

    Running when you encounter stray dogs is a sure way of getting them excited and inviting them to chase you more happily. And generally speaking I don't think you can outrun them easily.

    It's better to walk calmly, force down the fear, and you can try to raise your tripod to look taller.

    http://www.wikihow.com/Protect-Yours...om-a-Stray-Dog
    Reminds me of the other morning when I got snared and barked by this dog at Sembawang Beach. I was so scared it was gonna attack me lol.. After reading the link, I realized it was actually being aggressive... Lucky me.
    Another Facebook Page,
    Another Flickr account.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Running when you encounter stray dogs is a sure way of getting them excited and inviting them to chase you more happily. And generally speaking I don't think you can outrun them easily. It's better to walk calmly, force down the fear, and you can try to raise your tripod to look taller. http://www.wikihow.com/Protect-Yours...om-a-Stray-Dog
    I have always thought that was the primary use for the tripod! Hahaha!! ;-)

    But yeah. That's exactly how to handle aggressive strays. Just had an encounter last year during my ICT whilst sleeping. I instinctively bolted up and raised my weapon. The pair of dogs backed off.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

  14. #14

    Default Re: Where to take photos of MCE (refer to link)

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    I was there last month to take a timelapse, met hakhak there

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...=1#post8799383

    if you take bus, than go to Marina Cruise Center and walk to the flyover, about 15mins to 20mins walk.

    if you drive, legal parking is also at Marina Cruise Center, parking at road side is at your own risk.

    do note the place is still under construction, so no guarantee you can get in there if stopped by the workers, and it is very muddy too.
    Hey catchlights, thanks!

    What do u mean by "under construction"? Does it mean that area is blocked from accessing? Any danger aside from stray dogs?

  15. #15
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Under contruction means that area is not done up yet, tho is not fence up but they can chase you away.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •