Thread: Selling D7000 for Fujifilm or Olympus

Post Selling D7000 for Fujifilm or Olympus

I am using Nikon D7000. Now I thought of buying a Mirrorless Camera. In my mind I thought of Fujifilm or Olympus. But both of them are very expensive , so I thought of selling my old D7000, kit lens, and 35mm lens 1.8 . I wonder how much will I get?

Do you think I should get a Fujifilm X-T1 or Olympus OM-D E-M5? What lense should i get?
    D7000 |Nikon18-105mm DX VR |Nikon 35mm f/1.8G

Default Re: Selling D7000 for Fujifilm or Olympus

Selling your entire Nikon setup wont be able to pay for the Fuji X-T1 unless you top up additional funds.

Cant really advise you on which camera to get but I think the Oly EM5 is more affordable for now.
    In the eyes of the beholder!

Quote Originally Posted by undergrd View Post
    Selling your entire Nikon setup wont be able to pay for the Fuji X-T1 unless you top up additional funds.

Cant really advise you on which camera to get but I think the Oly EM5 is more affordable for now.
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Cquek View Post
    I am using Nikon D7000. Now I thought of buying a Mirrorless Camera. In my mind I thought of Fujifilm or Olympus. But both of them are very expensive , so I thought of selling my old D7000, kit lens, and 35mm lens 1.8 . I wonder how much will I get? Do you think I should get a Fujifilm X-T1 or Olympus OM-D E-M5? What lense should i get?
    Budget wise u might wana share and the shots u wana take in general.

A quick check at BnS will give u an idea of how much the D7000 can fetch.

A good starter kit will be the EM5 and the 12-50mm (24-100 equivalent) with a good prime like the 17/1.8 or the 25/1.8.

U can get a pretty good condition EM5 for below $700 and a brand new 17/1.8 for below $500 with the Oly promo now.

If u have a higher budget , by all means go for the EM1 or the XT1 , either one will give u much much improved Perf.

Quote Originally Posted by keithwee View Post
    Budget wise u might wana share and the shots u wana take in general.

A quick check at BnS will give u an idea of how much the D7000 can fetch.

A good starter kit will be the EM5 and the 12-50mm (24-100 equivalent) with a good prime like the 17/1.8 or the 25/1.8.

U can get a pretty good condition EM5 for below $700 and a brand new 17/1.8 for below $500 with the Oly promo now.

If u have a higher budget , by all means go for the EM1 or the XT1 , either one will give u much much improved Perf.
    thanks a lot for the information. I really appreciate it. I am going to save my money for XT1. hopefully the price will drop by end of the year.

thanks a lot for the information. I really appreciate it. I am going to save my money for XT1. hopefully the price will drop by end of the year.
    ...and so will your Nikon D7000

Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    ...and so will your Nikon D7000
    agreed.
    i just checked with the shop they are willing to take my D7000 for RM 2000 include my kit lens. E-M5 around RM 3000 with kit lens. XT1 around RM 4900 with kit lens. hmmmmm...

agreed. i just checked with the shop they are willing to take my D7000 for RM 2000 include my kit lens. E-M5 around RM 3000 with kit lens. XT1 around RM 4900 with kit lens. hmmmmm...
    Hi, EM5 for RM3000 with the 12-50mm kit lens is too expensive. I wouldn't pay more than SGD1000 for a brand new EM5/12-50mm set as I believe most shops in Funan are selling around the SGD1000 mark for this kit already. Getting this setup in BnS would be prob $600 for the body and $200 for the lens.

Maybe you can also consider the EM10 model as it comes with the EM5 sensor and EM1 processor and is a much newer model offering functions EM5 doesn't have. A brand new Em10 with 14-42EZ pancake is selling at SGD1140.

Blog Entries

agreed.
    i just checked with the shop they are willing to take my D7000 for RM 2000 include my kit lens. E-M5 around RM 3000 with kit lens. XT1 around RM 4900 with kit lens. hmmmmm...
    which shop you checked? how come so expensive?

Wah luckily I posted the price. Thanks for the information in that case Penang so expensive ah. Now I know the price in Singapore. Noted. EM10 yes I like but I like Fuji XT1 more. Really appreciate all the info.

Queensbay Penang. Ground floor. Yes now I know the market price. I have to bargain.

Wah luckily I posted the price. Thanks for the information in that case Penang so expensive ah. Now I know the price in Singapore. Noted. EM10 yes I like but I like Fuji XT1 more. Really appreciate all the info.
    No prob, the XT1's one solid camera too
    Do check the price for XT1 and compare before buying as Fuji gives international warranty so no loss buying in SG or MH.

No prob, the XT1's one solid camera too
    Do check the price for XT1 and compare before buying as Fuji gives international warranty so no loss buying in SG or MH.
    I will thank you. btw a question OMD5- Micro Four Thirds , what about Fuji XT1? May I know what is the difference?

Blog Entries

Queensbay Penang. Ground floor. Yes now I know the market price. I have to bargain.
    That is kinda sad. In Johor Bahru, no need to bargin. Just ask for quote and the price will be ok.

Blog Entries

I will thank you. btw a question OMD5- Micro Four Thirds , what about Fuji XT1? May I know what is the difference?
    one is m43 sensor, one is APS-C sensor. sensor different size. lenses also different - different offerings, different pricing also.

EM5 is already a few years old. If you want to match up, EM1 is a better match to XT1.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    one is m43 sensor, one is APS-C sensor. sensor different size. lenses also different - different offerings, different pricing also. EM5 is already a few years old. If you want to match up, EM1 is a better match to XT1.
    Agreed. Either the EM1 or XT1 will be good enough to last u for years.

The EM5(elite) is also just a rehash of the EM5 and not really worth it. If sticking to EM5 , get the EM5 with the ver 2.0 firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    one is m43 sensor, one is APS-C sensor. sensor different size. lenses also different - different offerings, different pricing also.

EM5 is already a few years old. If you want to match up, EM1 is a better match to XT1.
    yes, no wonder EM5 price drop.

Agreed. Either the EM1 or XT1 will be good enough to last u for years.

The EM5(elite) is also just a rehash of the EM5 and not really worth it. If sticking to EM5 , get the EM5 with the ver 2.0 firmware.
    Noted.